• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I'd make a really bad drunk...

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
"Ryan Dunn happens"

Doesn't seem like a joke to me, considering the implication of the phrase.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
"Ryan Dunn happens"

A 'person/name' can't happen, as a person is not a happening. Therefore, it reads rather silly. Like 's**t happens'. It's not a very serious phrase, because it's grammatically incorrect. If you say [not-a-happening] happens, it's weird, and most likely a joke. If yo uwere reffering to what happened to Ryan Dunn, and wanted it not to seem like a joke, then you should have reconsidered the grammatical implications and rephrased it as such: ''Then the same thing happens as what happened to Ryan Dunn.''

But that would read too long, and it loses the power it gained by stating the same thing with just three words: Ryan Dunn happens.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
When someone asks "What happens if Y?", "X happens" is a perfectly fine response.

Example:

What happens if you let rednecks vote?

George W. Bush happens.

It's a matter of speaking.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I've only grown to like whisky (and cider, but that's pretty much lemonade anyway).

It's also not easy to find those flavors if you always drink some cheap crap. I mean, Black Label is by no means a super expensive whisky, being only more costly than Red Label (from the Johnnie Walker seires), but it's miles better than most I've tried. I can only imagine what that 200 euro Blue Label tastes like.

Not a whiskey or vodka fan really, had the odd bourbon if someone has bought me one but i wouldnt socially drink it by choice.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
"Ryan Dunn happens"

I lol'd at it...

Not to throw any morbidity in this thread but I was orphaned by a drunk driver. And there was an accident on my street not too long ago involving a drunk driver, they closed the road, pulled out the jaws of life, well... they had to put the fire out first before cutting the car open like a can of sardines and dragging a few lifeless bodies out.

I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink responsibly.

Then I saw this and felt really bad for laughing. :(

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
When someone asks "What happens if Y?", "X happens" is a perfectly fine response.

Example:

What happens if you let rednecks vote?

George W. Bush happens.

It's a matter of speaking.
I lol'd at it...

Then I saw this and felt really bad for laughing. :(
Exactly. Me too.

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
I'm in the camp of "never have, never will." I've seen what it does to people...it makes them not themselves, the people I know and love. It turns them, each and every one, into something I'd rather not even associate with. It doesn't what drunk they are...they are all unpleasant to be around, if you ask me. Do I want the same personal image? No thanks.

Two of my friends have been killed by drunk drivers. I never laugh at a drunk driving joke. In fact, all the time I truly wish anyone who does drink and drive to just drop dead. We all share the road and have places to go, not just the assholes who operate multi-ton hunks of metal and plastic when they are mentally incapable, to get themselves even more sloshed or home or wherever. 37% of traffic fatalities were caused by drunk drivers in 2008; sure, this is down from 60% (!:blink:!) in 1982, but of course I would prefer none...

That being said, I only drink milk, juice, water, and a couple teas. Nothing else in the world is as delicious (or even tasty to begin with).

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Nonsense. If these things teach others not to get smashed and then go for a drive around town, then that's nothing to feel bad about.
It was not about the feeling-bad part, but the lol'd part. We lol's at what Tsuyu said, because it came of as a joke.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I've been stone cold sober for over 5 years now and I absolutely hate it, if I'm completely honest. I miss drinking so very very much but if I start again I know I won't stop. Stupid alcoholism...

Anywho, Walker you're not alone because Steve can't abide drinking. He's tried it but he can't get into it or see the point of it whatsoever so he never developed a taste for it. Last time he drank he just got so sick off it he swore never to even bother with it again. Was funny though...

When I have been mad drunk in the past I've been one of two people - the "I love everyone, stumbling around trying to be subtle but obviously mashed out of my tree" kind of person or the "you all hate me I know you do so I'm going to text everyone on my phone to that effect and threaten to kill myself with a plastic spoon" kind of person - depending on how drunk I was. First person usually woke up next to someone they didn't recognise or remember. Second person usually had massive phone bill to try and pay for and a lot of apologising to do. Both people were skint.

Still, REALLY miss drinking. Just that feeling of not giving a crap and the fact I never ever got hungover were wonderful things for me. Closest I get to being hammered now is when I'm giving birth and they give me Entonox. That's about the only thing I'm looking forward to in the next few weeks - breathing in that stuff until I pass out with happiness.

Just don't get addicted to childbirth.

Not to throw any morbidity in this thread but I was orphaned by a drunk driver. And there was an accident on my street not too long ago involving a drunk driver, they closed the road, pulled out the jaws of life, well... they had to put the fire out first before cutting the car open like a can of sardines and dragging a few lifeless bodies out.

I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink responsibly.

Fun story.

But yeah, another reason I don't drink.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Drinking doesn't automatically put you behind the steering wheel, y'know?

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Yes. Yes it does. It's a side effect of alcohol to feel so confident that you think you can drive.

Alright, it doesn't.

Just don't get addicted to childbirth.
I lol'd. Imagine that. o_O

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

It's more so that I can drive my friends home when they go out and get ****ed, so they don't decide to risk it.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
"Ryan Dunn happens"

A 'person/name' can't happen, as a person is not a happening. Therefore, it reads rather silly. Like 's**t happens'. It's not a very serious phrase, because it's grammatically incorrect. If you say [not-a-happening] happens, it's weird, and most likely a joke. If yo uwere reffering to what happened to Ryan Dunn, and wanted it not to seem like a joke, then you should have reconsidered the grammatical implications and rephrased it as such: ''Then the same thing happens as what happened to Ryan Dunn.''

But that would read too long, and it loses the power it gained by stating the same thing with just three words: Ryan Dunn happens.

^ This.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
much like what john said, i'm a belligerent drunk.
though i rarely get into fights, i have a tendency to vandalize and have a strong urge to go out in public..which isn't too good when i think about it sober. i only drink socially, since i've found that when i drink alone i don't care enough to drink very much.

medium beer and whiskey (usually straight) for me.

and remember kids, rehab is for quitters.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I'd just like to say that in all the times I've been drunk, I have never felt like I could drive a car safely.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
Tsuyu, the George Bush example is also a joke - as Demi said, a person cannot 'Happen' therefore it is read as being humorous.