• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Increasing Longevity on Fable 2(new ways to play)

MetroidHunter26

*pew pew pew*
Reaction score
Increasing Longevity on Fable 2(new ways to play)

*note* this is for players who aren't veterans of Fable 2 more like casual players or if the veterans want to try it there more than welcome to

Well since Fable 3 is approaching and will for a fact use some save data from Fable 2 most players are going back to it. But I know what your thing "Metroid! How do I make the game a little more refreshing?" well anonymous user! Here's How! Challenges! Here's a good one to try! Try to not level up through out the whole game! That's a very tricky one especially since you'll have no money :\ but that's the fun :p

you could also try A full Will User or A Big Brutish strength user or lithe Skill user game walkthru. Now since some people has already played as there own gender in the game (or the opposite one) try playing the opposite gender for a change! (I.E. if you are a guy and played as a Male Character try playing as a Female character it's pretty fun and the Dialogue is funny in some missions) and vice versa.

Another good way to play is not to change your clothes so just stay in your pauper clothes thru out the ENTIRE GAME! just like you see the demo vid at the beginning of the game and some trailers where he's in Wraithmarsh and still has basic equipment (I'm currently doing this and whilst not leveling up ;P) so yeah there's some good ways to play this game! sorry for the freakish post :p

Destro23

Reaction score
Re: Increasing Longevity on Fable 2(new ways to play)

You know, I tried that whole not leveling up and being poor thing... The main quest was just slightly more difficult at peak times and took longer. Like when you're escaping from The Spire and the Commandant refuses to die until you've slayed all his henchmen too. The only thing I firmly learned from replaying handicap games was... you never need to heal and experience lost isn't noticeable at all. Truly, this game has no game over Screen. By the end of the game my whole world seemed unused and lifeless though. I think it was for sure worth doing once to see what it was like... definitely not something I'll repeat though.

You know what really brings out longevity play for me is learning everything in the game. I'm a veteran player but I still come across little tidbits I'd never seen before. Such as:

The Shadow Court is a Dungeon after the spire if you join it before doing The Defender of Light. It even has a White Banshee.

Madam Ursula's School in Wraithmarsh, After you get to the end of Wraithmarsh turn around and take a left through a gate. This gate is locked when Reaver sends you to the Shadow Court, but only that one time in the game so people wont find it.

The Gemstone Grotto, you don't need to see this unless you're doing the Archeologist quest. It is a secret cave under The Temple of Shadow. Nobody else seems to detail the fact that it is technically part of The Temple of Shadows

The Easter (Dinky) Egg, Rabbit Hole, and Commemorative Mug.

The Rammer, and killing all 50 Gargoyles.

Buying the Castle and chopping 'it' off!!

Potions of Life Locations: one is in a Bowerlake dive spot! The Second is on Fairfax road if Bowerstone Market in a silver key chest, easy. The Third is in Rookridge, you just have to have some expressions and dog tricks. The fourth, and I think is just an extra, just like Fable TLC had an extra, can be found in the Gargoyle Cave after killing 20.

The House 'Miracle Manor' on Fairfax Road in Bowerstone Market gives the HP regeneration bonus. Just like Fairfax Castle, and a few other late game SUPER EXPENSIVE houses. You can get this as soon as you get to Bowestone but it is expensive. Read the sign about it, it belonged to Leohead the Achemist before he built Fairfax Castle for himself. You see, Fairfax castle gives a Health Bonus and Attractiveness bonus too. The Health Bonus from Beds doesn't work if you've already maxed it out. Level Five Toughness and Life Potions (x3). There is also a bewitching bonus in Fairfax Castle but that can be duplicated with a Deep-Beauty Treatment Potion and/or a Bewitching (or like) augment. You can only use one beauty augment on either of your weapons, more than one or one on both does nothing. The Deep-Skin Beauty Treatment can be used as many times as you'd like(take 5!) and consolidates, but it'll be gone when you sleep in a bed(like a natural bed bonus would be gone). Bed Bonuses can be IMPROVED by having a happy Wife and family

Did you know there are 17 classes of food (no potions or gifts!) and 5 items to each of those classes. That's 85 items from basic game food. Good luck finding it all AND keeping it. There are even a couple DLC foods. The Gangreen Fairy and Amazing Apple pie.

Ghoul Augment doesn't appear until Bloodstone, unless you have someone sell you one.

Katanas are not the best weapon in the game, The Hammer or Axe is. With maxed speed katanas are no more fast than the stronger cleavers. BUT they have significantly less damage. See your Physique maxed means multiply the base weapon damage number by 3. A Katana does 73 so its only like 220 per strike. A Hammer does 107 so its doing 321 per strike with the same base. I know you like being fast but it really isn't that fast when you take into account the damage, you'll be swinging more often, at difficult speeds. the hammer all be it slow, drops enemies faster with fewer hits. Something that takes the Hammer two strikes takes the Katana three.

And Flintlock Pistols are clearly superior to Clockwork Pistols when it comes to damage. Unless I'm doing the shooting range, I'd rather take the Flintlock Pistol.

Reaver117

Reaction score

I just finished the game for the first time. Beat both DLC's this week as well. Now I'm just going around exploring, collecting all the weapons, achievements and finishing up any side quests I still have left. I'm having more fun with it after the main story than I did when I was progressing through.

If I start a new save file before Fable 3 is released I will probably try and make it all the way with the skill class the best I can. I'm just now getting into using the guns since I just now received the red dragon. Love that one.

Reaction score

Here is a challenge make the ugliest fattest most unappealing character you can but do everything you would normally do threw the game in opposite. So if you would normally be the hero get the wife and kids keep them happy and if you play as a fatty abuse your wife find the ugliest woman in the game kill everyone in town and vice versa for all the evil stooges out there.

so keep slim save eveyone choose the needs of the many dont do any evil act thew the game unless you did a good act at that point

Destro23

Reaction score

Syth the old one;406619 said:
Here is a challenge make the ugliest fattest most unappealing character you can but do everything you would normally do threw the game in opposite. So if you would normally be the hero get the wife and kids keep them happy and if you play as a fatty abuse your wife find the ugliest woman in the game kill everyone in town and vice versa for all the evil stooges out there.

so keep slim save eveyone choose the needs of the many dont do any evil act thew the game unless you did a good act at that point

I like to take the Fatty Bahemoth potion after I do the first Knothole Glade quest. It unlocks the Hero Title Salad Dodger.

When I get to Westcliff I kill enough people to be called a Desperado and Butcher, then I pay to develop the town. More importantly this is my only evil stuff in the game and primarily is meant to unlock the evil expressions. After I meet evil requirements, I give away 100,000 gold twice to fix my appearance. After I do this I leave and come back, then I **** off the townsfolk for another title. then I scare the crap out of them with magic for another title.

Here is a challenge, find this in Bowerlake:
2 different caves with chests
1 potion of life
1 rusty fintlock pistol (only there before you enter the guild tomb)
1 treasure hunting book
1 assassin coat
1 greengables dye (changes into other dyes sometimes)

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

you can get that rusty flintlock pistol before entering the guild

Destro23

Reaction score

ssjcb1186;406698 said:
you can get that rusty flintlock pistol before entering the guild

yeah its on the shore of the lake in a chest, the item changes if you don't grab it early though.

the rusty turret pistol is under a bridge in oakfield

in the back of the bandit camp in brightwood, there is a STEEL clockwork rifle. also in this same spot, after you beat up Ripper you can get a Steel Cutlass.

MetroidHunter26

*pew pew pew*
Reaction score

You can also get a Rusty Cutlass in the Lake near the Rusty Flintlock Pistol it's on the other side of the potion of life dive spot ;)

Destro23

Reaction score

MetroidHunter26;406941 said:
You can also get a Rusty Cutlass in the Lake near the Rusty Flintlock Pistol it's on the other side of the potion of life dive spot ;)

+rep

Kessd

Reaction score

I personally like to make sorta of "class" heroes to increase replayability. For example I made a hero who only used lightning, fireball, and whirlwind he was an element bender or whatever. It made the game even more fun for me anyways.

Benjamin510

God of rose returness.
Reaction score

Become the girl next to the fat guy in 2's concept art.