• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Innocence of Muslims

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
The entire Muslim world is pretty much raging over this
There is nothing on which to base this assertion. Point is moot.
The ones who stay loyal to the Islamic ways are pretty nice, too, but they mostly keep to themselves. Its just the government here that makes Islam so "hate-able" in our country. And those extremists who dream of bombs strapped to themselves.
images

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
You know very well what I mean.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
See I live in New Zealand, which is a small country at the bottom, so we dont hear anything about this, unless you're really interested in this sort of thing and actually look for this info for yourself..

Kind of sucks because it makes me feel dumb.. :(

This is my Albion

Reaction score
See I live in New Zealand, which is a small country at the bottom, so we dont hear anything about this, unless you're really interested in this sort of thing and actually look for this info for yourself..

You're actually not alone. I know next to nothing about most religions and their "activities" unless its shoved in my face. Im too busy cursing at our government system.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
For me it is a case of "know thy enemy".

Y'know, "The devil knows the Bible like the back of his hand" and all that.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Don't see how it couldn't be personal when it is my personal freedom in my very own country that is at stake.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
Don't see how it couldn't be personal when it is my personal freedom in my very own country that is at stake.

Capitalism can't be taken away so easily, if at all. But i don't know enough to really argue a valid point so im just gonna shut up now :<

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Capitalism...?

This is my Albion

Reaction score
S**t! Sorry, my thoughts are jumbled. Im having two debates at the same time and one where someone's just ripping me a new one

Reaction score

That actually sounds nice, an out of the way nation with a nice landscape to boot where the rest of the world can't trouble you with their squabbles, sounds like my kind of heaven to be honest.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
Right, sorry about the babble, went off topic for a moment.

Would you care to explain (for the dense sponge over here) how their religion effects your personal freedom?

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
That actually sounds nice, an out of the way nation with a nice landscape to boot where the rest of the world can't trouble you with their squabbles, sounds like my kind of heaven to be honest.

Come and join! But then again we have stupid issues going on in our country that just make you go :eek: really, is it even worth bringing up? Kind of things..

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Come and join! But then again we have stupid issues going on in our country that just make you go :O really, is it even worth bringing up? Kind of things..

Guess stupid stuff happens everywhere. :/ Just depends on how stupid things can get.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
I don't think any of us are saying that their culture is an excuse so that they can act the way they do. When it comes to religion calling a spade, a spade, doesn't apply. I certainly don't think they've acted rational or even humane but you can't count one religion as a thought of the many. There are individuals who aren't as extreme and maybe even ashamed of how they react. I don't think its a case of hating them all, its a case of hating those who think their beliefs or views are worth killing for.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
There are individuals who aren't as extreme and maybe even ashamed of how they react. I don't think its a case of hating them all, its a case of hating those who think their beliefs or views are worth killing for.

As I was saying, there might be moderate Muslims (and Christians!) who have the good taste not to cram the batshit crazy parts of their holy book down everyone's throats - but that doesn't mean they don't believe in it. To be a Muslim is to take the Qur'an as the literal, prefect word of God.

Not just any Muslims; all Muslims. It is sort of the prerequisite of being a Muslim.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
How would you know what goes on in every religious person's head?
Religion (all of them) is extreamly divisive, promotes non-thinking, and is frequently used to justify murder. It is detrimental to the entire species, and something we definetly need to be rid of. It is in no way worthy of respect.
To bunch all religions together like that is pretty stupid. It's the reason I can't take some Atheists seriously with lack of a better argument than "all religion is bad, it is the source of all problems in our world." Ever heard of Buddhism?

The crazy fanatics are more the problem than anything else, not the religion itself, but it also isn't helping when you have atheists ridiculing those who choose to believe in something that others find silly. It's frequently used to justify murder and wrongdoing because it is an easy scapegoat, why take the blame for yourself when you can blame it on religion further giving it a bad name. Respect is subjective, you don't have to respect a religion, but I don't see why someone shouldn't respect a person's right to believe in whatever they want.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
So we all agree that its the individuals that are at fault, not the religion itself. I don't see any fault with Islam or Christianity or any other religion. Its just these extremists idiots who think THEIR religion is above all else. So, lets hold hands and respect each, religion and all, provided that all of us have hands.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
How often do I have to repeat myself here? All Muslims, moderate or extremist, all believe in the Qu'ran. Muhammed, the pedophile warmonger, is the perfect human being(and his marriage to a six year old girl is the perfect marriage) in the minds of all Muslims because all Muslims believe the Qu'ran is the undeniable word of God. Saying that not all Muslims believe in this crazy stuff is like saying that not all Christians believe in Jesus and that he is the son of God - it is at the very core of what it means to be a Muslim.

The religion itself is very much at fault. You can't have a religion that says to kill all non-believers and then not blame it when some people do just that.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
How often do I have to repeat myself here? All Muslims, moderate or extremist, all believe in the Qu'ran. Muhammed, the pedophile warmonger, is the perfect human being(and his marriage to a six year old girl is the perfect marriage) in the minds of all Muslims because all Muslims believe the Qu'ran is the undeniable word of God. Saying that not all Muslims believe in this crazy stuff is like saying that not all Christians believe in Jesus and that he is the son of God - it is at the very core of what it means to be a Muslim.

The religion itself is very much at fault. You can't have a religion that says to kill all non-believers and then not blame it when some people do just that.
Yes. There's no argument with the first part of that statement. It is a FACT that in order to be a Muslim, you have to believe in the Muslim history of the world and you have to be EXPOSED to at least some version of Muslim teachings. That DOES NOT MEAN, however, that every single Muslim believes and follows those teachings to the same degree. I know they look different, but believe it or not, they are capable of individual thought. They are not a monolithic horde bent on raping our women, blowing up our cities, and censoring the cartoon industry. The source of all your anti-Muslim rantings is because of violent immigrants in Sweden, right? Would it be so farfetched to think that maybe all you need is for your immigration department to ship back the crazy ones before they can walk in the door? That seems like a much more reasonable solution to the problem than barring immigration and deporting them if you ask me.