• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Innocence of Muslims

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
So apparently a horrible, low-budget ****fest of a movie portrayed Muhammed, the most perfect and goodliest of men ever to walk to world, like a violent degenerate loser a-hole.

Of course, the Muslim world was quick to react to this movie like a bunch of violent degenerate loser a-holes; breaking things and setting them aflame and murdering US ambassadors.

Y'know, the usual stuff that the Religion of Peace usually does when it feels offended. Am I still a racist prick for thinking Islam should not be allowed to exist in any civilized country on Earth?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Wat movie?

Innocence of Muslims.

I've only seen clips on the Intert00bs but from what I've seen Muslims have the rights to go on a murderous rampage. Not because of the whole religious thing, that's as retarded as it is ironic.

But it is just sooooooo bad. We've all seen a movie so bad that we want to kill the people behind it... right?

That's one hell of a domino effect.

Nothing new, sadly. The self-proclaimed Religion of Peace does this on a regular basis.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score
Pft. And people wonder why I have zero respect for religion, especially Islam.

No Tsuyu, your not racist for saying they shouldn't be allowed to exist in any civilized country. Just reasonable. Horribly, horribly reasonable. We should probably both be publicly exicuted for our blasphemous disagreement with the all loving Alah.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
And they're always complaining that other religions are at fault when they're probably no better

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
I live in a Muslim-governed country, see, and apparently all Muslims get "special benefits" for living in this country as a Muslim. Its this twisted way of making more people convert to their cause. And the rest of us non-Muslims get ignored or blamed for stuff or completely ignored.

When you look at our IDs, there's a field called "Religion", and under that, "Muslim" or "Non-Muslim".

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
You have my deepest, most sincere condolences my friend.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
So apparently a horrible, low-budget ****fest of a movie portrayed Muhammed, the most perfect and goodliest of men ever to walk to world, like a violent degenerate loser a-hole.

Of course, the Muslim world was quick to react to this movie like a bunch of violent degenerate loser a-holes; breaking things and setting them aflame and murdering US ambassadors.

Y'know, the usual stuff that the Religion of Peace usually does when it feels offended. Am I still a racist prick for thinking Islam should not be allowed to exist in any civilized country on Earth?

Yes. Yes, you are.

One bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bushel, don't throw out the baby with the bathwater, etc. Saying "because x person does this, x person is y, all y are like x" is actually a decent definition for racist* prick. It might also be a logical fallacy, but I forget what it's called.

Just because some people are pricks doesn't meant they all are.

Case in point, this.

*Technically speaking you'd be a religionist prick or some ****, but you said racist and "religionist" sounds retarded. Even if it is more precise.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
I'm with Walker here. Were they to stand in trial, they wouldn't be tried for anything related to their religious beliefs.
That being the case, their religion can't be held accountable. Tsuyu, you and I see eye to eye on religion as a whole, so I'm sure you'll understand when I say that there aren't any christian kids who went to sunday school growing up to stone women for having premarital sex.
That said, we can conclude that the issue here isn't which version of theism they follow, it's the rotten system of government (among other things) that they grow up in. I think Islam is easy to look at and blame since it is also a common denominator, but like I said, growing up believing in a particular religion is overshadowed by the environment you grow up in.

Anyway, I'm not going to blame the religion for what they do (or don't) any more than I would see it as something they can be arrested for.

Lenop

Boyish member
Reaction score
cheezMcNASTY and I were discussing this earlier. We don't entirely agree on every detail, but the fundamentals are the same.

It has been a subject of debate for ages, placing blame for such things on the individuals, their parents, their culture, their education, their economy, their religion, their government... and I don't know if it's because of their environment, if it's because they're poor and uneducated or easily roused to do these things with rhetoric they've grown accustomed to for the past several generations, in fact I don't know much at all except that Americans who were advocating peace have been killed.

I won't point fingers at holy books or parody movies. The Jewish and Christian bibles command that no graven image be made of anything in heaven but I don't remember worldwide Christian riots and acts of murder over this.

Edit: A paragraph is missing here.

At the end of the day, people are dead and people are rioting across the globe, but that won't be changed by people musing over the cause and assigning blame.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
I think in blunt terms, every religion have their flaws. It was down to the individuals decision and it so happened they were Muslim. After all, Christians were slated recently after the chick-a-filla incident (which is a poor example but its late and my brain is slouching more than ever.)
I threw my two cents in but i think its probably pointless since walker, cheezmcnasty and lenop have given better arguments.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score
I think Walker, cheeze, and Lenop make valid points, however I think that Islam can be blamed for this. These are not people acting on behalf of all of Islam, but they are muslims reacting to something anti-muslim on the basis that they are muslim. If that makes any sence (bit drunk). If these people where not affiliated in any way with Islam, then they wouldn't be behaving like a bunch of savages because someone made a mean movie about Islam. This is the kind of behavior I would expect from a todler who just learned the tooth fairy isn't real.

Religion (all of them) is extreamly divisive, promotes non-thinking, and is frequently used to justify murder. It is detrimental to the entire species, and something we definetly need to be rid of. It is in no way worthy of respect.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
Crack up, just shows how pathetic they are, except the killing thats not so funny..

I thought Buddhism claimed the right of being known as the "Religion of peace"?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
A few bad apples? The entire Muslim world is pretty much raging over this; I only picked one example in the bunch because it involved them killing an US ambassador. And what is this, the bazillionth time they do this?​
It is not a few bad apples; the tree is rotten to the core.​

This is my Albion

Reaction score
Another bad example: but i actually have a friend who's Muslim. Her and her husband are pretty friendly and is very in keeping with their traditions but have no ill will to anyone who doesn't think so. Its harsh to judge a whole religion when no religion is as peaceful as they claim to be (well, maybe except Buddhism but they don't involve themselves with media...)
im probably being painfully naive but its the individuals who don't go around shoving their religious belief down everyone's throat and don't go rioting for petty things are the ones i respect.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
See, the thing is that there are moderate Muslims, but no moderate Islam.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Another bad example: but i actually have a friend who's Muslim. Her and her husband are pretty friendly and is very in keeping with their traditions but have no ill will to anyone who doesn't think so. Its harsh to judge a whole religion when no religion is as peaceful as they claim to be (well, maybe except Buddhism but they don't involve themselves with media...)
im probably being painfully naive but its the individuals who don't go around shoving their religious belief down everyone's throat and don't go rioting for petty things are the ones i respect.

I have loads of Muslim friends, too, and most of them wished they were born to another religion. The ones who stay loyal to the Islamic ways are pretty nice, too, but they mostly keep to themselves. Its just the government here that makes Islam so "hate-able" in our country. And those extremists who dream of bombs strapped to themselves.