• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is Theresa Evil?

Do you think Theresa is...?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr KillJoy

Dark Paladin
Reaction score
Re: Is Theresa Evil?

She is neither good or evil play Knights of the Old Republic 2 and you will understand she wants you to be either good or evil the choice is yours not hers she just wants the hero to be ready for when the time comes to face lucian very much similer to Knights of the Old Republic 2 when you have to face Darth Traya

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

She best be!
Lets face it her brother was evil, and her apprentice, lil' Sparrow was......... or is that just the way I play!?!

V

Vlad

I think she's neutral.
She's like an anti-hero, she does good, but doesn't seem to care how much life is lost in the process. Whereas an actual hero would go out of his/her way to make sure every person is saved. She gives the choices to you, she doesn't care if you slaughter tousands and choose wealth in the end, or if you save every life you can and then choose to ressurect all that was lost. She just cares about getting the spire back, and keeping it from being used as it was before.

Lord Lucien

Mayor
Reaction score

That's not entirely true. She frowns upon you (and says so) when you kill people in the Gypsy Camp before meeting her as an adult for the second time and the same when you take gold from the bandit after killing Thag in return for the slaves.

M

Manguy17

evil, i sure hope shes evil, that way they can make a better fable 3..proboly

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

What is the point of this thread????????

Lord Lucien

Mayor
Reaction score

The point of this thread is to decide which alignment Theresa is.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

Dr KillJoy;300031 said:
She is neither good or evil play Knights of the Old Republic 2 and you will understand she wants you to be either good or evil the choice is yours not hers she just wants the hero to be ready for when the time comes to face lucian very much similer to Knights of the Old Republic 2 when you have to face Darth Traya
to go off topic to reply, Traya wanted to destroy the force in KOTOR II and thought that the exile was the one to bring about the distruction of the force as she saw her as a rip in it.
off me soap box now :p

Ithan

Berserker
Reaction score

At this point it's merely speculation, in the original Fable, Theresa acted more as an adviser, giving small information to the player and revealing past events he never knew.
Cannonly the Hero of Oakvale was good, and right now Lionhead has said nothing regarding the Hero of Bowerstone.
I'm leaning towards good, or neutral, since she never tells the player which action to take, she merely tells him where he/she should go, though she does frown at some of the earlier evil actions.
Why anyone thinks she is evil is somewhat beyond me, she never came across as such, even at the ending.

C

Cyanide Slushie

I think of her more as a anti-hero. She realized what needed to be done and did it. IMO, the spire is way to much power for any mortal to hold, Theresa being both wise and powerful, realized that Lucian would have wasted the power that so many sacrificed to get. So, she took it and will probably use it for a greater purpose.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

This thread is pointless!!!!!!!!!

V

Vlad

That post is pointless!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I stand by what I said. Neutral, though she does frown apon evil deeds, she still just wants the job done no matter the cost.

V

Vlad

I change my mind about Theresa, I think she's evil. Here's why.
It is thought that Theresa used the Hero, Hammer, Reaver and Garth, using them for own personal gain, to own the Spire. Although this is only speculation her behavior at the end of the game after choosing the Heroes' ending she will say "But The Spire... Is Mine....Begone."

After gathering the four heroes and "activating" the Spire power within them, Theresa vanishes. Lucien then appears from nowhere and acts completely unconcerned with Theresa's absence. When asked what he had done with Theresa he states, "Your fortune telling friend? I merely listened."

She seems to have the same shape as one of the Shadow's Court Spectres (the one in the center).

As the game progresses Theresa's skin loses its hue until it is at a very deep shade of gray. The same skin discoloration appears in Hero characters who become increasingly evil.

X

Xeon

She thinks she's doing the right thing, but it wouldn't suprise me if a DLC came up and you had to close down the spire, killing her, choosing between taking control over it or leave it, possibly blow it up, F2 needs more explosions.

TheBanshee

mmm...souls
Reaction score

OK, If you knew her backstory all of you would under stand. It is confirmed that in Fable 2 Theresa is your ancester because in the first Fable she is the sister of the protagonist. IDK. If you look at the middle shadow judge, it stands the same way theresa does. (using spare skins or saying shes evil) Someone had to tell Lucien who bought the music box and it sure wasnt murgo. And at the end lucien said I merley listened which is belived to be about theresa. That crazy evil ***** XP
The Banshee

Kenji ^.^

Pure Warrior
Reaction score

I don't know because at the end of the game she got greedy in the spire don't no she said " Now the Spire is mine now BEGONE" something like that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.