• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Jose Teixeira about CD Projekt RED's past, present and future

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Reading that helps me to have continued faith in this industry, it really is a shame that actual expansion packs are so rare these days. Nowadays when it comes to additional game content the strategy is either shallow drip-feeding or the touch and go approach. Why go through the trouble of all that hard work when you can earn enough money from milking those poor suckers. Minimal effort and maximum profits, that's what we've got.

The Witcher 3's attention to detail is incredible, I know I'm hyped for FO4 right now... but even I don't think it'll come close to The Witcher in storytelling and character development. I just don't see it happening. Can't even fathom what CDPR have in store for Cyberpunk, but if the strategy involves opening as many doors as they can and saying yes a lot to the players then they're getting all my money.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Reading that helps me to have continued faith in this industry, it really is a shame that actual expansion packs are so rare these days. Nowadays when it comes to additional game content the strategy is either shallow drip-feeding or the touch and go approach. Why go through the trouble of all that hard work when you can earn enough money from milking those poor suckers. Minimal effort and maximum profits, that's what we've got.

The Witcher 3's attention to detail is incredible, I know I'm hyped for FO4 right now... but even I don't think it'll come close to The Witcher in storytelling and character development. I just don't see it happening. Can't even fathom what CDPR have in store for Cyberpunk, but if the strategy involves opening as many doors as they can and saying yes a lot to the players then they're getting all my money.

Wholeheartedly agree with this, such a shame that most of the industry is controlled by nothing more than corporate greed and 'suits' who dont care for gaming and only care about what cash they can make from gamers. I think Skyrim and The Witcher III are prime examples of thinking about the gamers first and money later and just look at their popularity and sales. They gave plenty of content away for free also and gamers didnt mind paying extra for the content they provided as it was substantial content that didnt feel like it was cut from the game to make more cash out of us.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Reaction score
This part...

“The Witcher 3 really opened up the floodgates. In a way, Sapkowski’s benefits are from the success of The Witcher 3 and the other games. He benefits from the mass appeal of the games, because a lot of people have opened up to his books. We’re very happy it worked both ways; the hardcore fans made the game possible, and now the game has brought fans to the books.”

This is a truth Andrzej Sapkowski will never accept. It's sad though, he should give more credit to CDPR and the way they brought more visibility to his books outside of Poland.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
This part...

“The Witcher 3 really opened up the floodgates. In a way, Sapkowski’s benefits are from the success of The Witcher 3 and the other games. He benefits from the mass appeal of the games, because a lot of people have opened up to his books. We’re very happy it worked both ways; the hardcore fans made the game possible, and now the game has brought fans to the books.”

This is a truth Andrzej Sapkowski will never accept. It's sad though, he should give more credit to CDPR and the way they brought more visibility to his books outside of Poland.
I can understand why though. To do all that hard work with your writing, slaving over pages and pages of excellent literature only to get a fraction of the appeal you were gleefully daydreaming about. That damage to the ego & pride that your work couldn't get popular on its own and required the aid of another medium. On the other hand, it's such a standard occurrence that it's just normal.

I can't even count how many movies have brought light to the books they're based on, Jurassic Park being a prime example. Though worst case scenario in these situations is when people end up thinking that Steven Spielberg created & wrote Jurassic Park or that CDPR wrote and created The Witcher series. That's when I really can't blame the original authors for getting butthurt.