• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lionhead Reply To Recently Released Fable 2 Video

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Lionhead Reply To Recently Released Fable 2 Video

Woody Hennekam of Lionhead Studios personally sent me an email regarding their official reply to the recently released video at the MS Showcase by Kotaku. I hadnt actually seen this footage personally. :blush:

Last night, after a long day at the Showcase Event, we found out that Kotaku had posted a video showing Fable 2. This is not a trailer and it was never intended to be released in its entirity on the internet. Kotaku has dissapointed me, yes Mike and Brian you have. Sadly enough, it did happen and the snowball effect (other sites doing what Kotaku did) was inevitable at that point. The video was intended for broadcast media to edit into filmed interviews with Peter Molyneux. It was clearly marked as such on the Microsoft PR ftp.

Let me make this clear: we decided to be honest with everyone, to show Fable 2 as it is right now, including the 5000+ bugs that are currently being fixed by the development team. The press have reacted positively to our decision to show our game warts and all. To then see this video being released with the comments from editors (like Mike) and readers ranging from downright negative to so-so, is rather dissapointing and totally out of context.

Please understand that it represents work in progress and see it for what it is: how the game looked on 7th May 2008. We promise to release a real trailer in due course. It will be interesting to compare them...

Heres the link to the blog:

Fable 2 Development : Note: It is not a trailer

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Lionhead Reply To Recently Released Fable 2 Video

Mm, clearly Kotaku didn't seem to care, as long as they got more hits. What a shame.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Its a shame that these people are given a privilege of seeing things before everyone else and they abuse that right in such ways.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

WOW fable looks awesome, but that is extremely messed up for them to do that,BUT now when the official trailer comes out and all the "Problems" are gone we will be able to see how hard Lionhead is working to make a truly revolutionary game.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

What fools. +Rep Though.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

o_O I WANT THAT BATTLE AXE...

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

K., probably messed themselves up with the early release. I bet they are banned from a few future viewings because of this. It's to bad some people can't be trusted.:( I have to say I've watched the clip and loved it , till Sam, at lionhead got upset. Then I felt bad about seeing it.

G

Goretex

moonfever;176196 said:
K., probably messed themselves up with the early release. I bet they are banned from a few future viewings because of this. It's to bad some people can't be trusted.:( I have to say I've watched the clip and loved it , till Sam, at lionhead got upset. Then I felt bad about seeing it.

I agree. A lot of people love to get technical and criticize a game full of bugs even though when far from being complete, and they could easily run their mouth about it and spread the "OMG FABLE 2 LOOKS AWFUL" thing around. This could potentially loose them sales and even makes Lionhead look bad. IMO Kotaku deserve to be banned from future viewings for making such a selfish decision and I hope this hasn't hurt Lionhead's and Fable's image.

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

THe sad part is, the footage looked fine to me.

Geez, though. How idiotic can they be?

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Thats terrible. Thats business.
(I want the game more now)

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Just go's to show what people will resort to to get their beady eyes on Fable 2

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Goretex;176198 said:
I agree. A lot of people love to get technical and criticize a game full of bugs even though when far from being complete, and they could easily run their mouth about it and spread the "OMG FABLE 2 LOOKS AWFUL" thing around. This could potentially loose them sales and even makes Lionhead look bad. IMO Kotaku deserve to be banned from future viewings for making such a selfish decision and I hope this hasn't hurt Lionhead's and Fable's image.

Yeah thats unfortunately some of the responses they got about the footage, although lots of people liked it.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

I LOVED IT

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Thats the last video Lionhead are sending Kotaku

Steampunk

Space Head
Reaction score

Hey, that was really cool, I dont see any problems or bugs, unless the player replacing the axe on his shoulder after every swing it a bug.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I knew I was forgetting to post something.
Sam was pretty upset. Other sites also started posting it as well.
+Rep Andy

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Albion Knight;176278 said:
I knew I was forgetting to post something.
Sam was pretty upset. Other sites also started posting it as well.
+Rep Andy

I noticed you had commented on the article so thought you might have beat me to it, as if it wasnt for Woody bringing it to my attention i wouldnt have been so fast to act on it. I can understand why Sam was upset and understand their frustration and disappointment.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;176296 said:
I noticed you had commented on the article so thought you might have beat me to it, as if it wasnt for Woody bringing it to my attention i wouldnt have been so fast to act on it. I can understand why Sam was upset and understand their frustration and disappointment.
Truely
I mean such a breach of trust not cool. I'm sure any of us would be honored to be able to meet with them and see the video coverage. Disrespecting that privilage is a disgrace.:noexpression:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Albion Knight;176299 said:
Truely
I mean such a breach of trust not cool. I'm sure any of us would be honored to be able to meet with them and see the video coverage. Disrespecting that privilage is a disgrace.:noexpression:

My thoughts exactly, they have been put in positions of trust and should have been honoured to have seen the footage early and met the creators. However they just had to try and get more hits for their site by leaking the footage, very unprofessional and disrespectful indeed.