• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lost In The Deep Dark

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Lost In The Deep Dark

It’s dark, its open, its free, and its deep. It’s there in there… somewhere watching me, watching me struggle to stay afloat. It came at me, but didn’t bite, why? It was big, does it know what I am? Does it care? Tired now, I’ve laid afloat for hours now, with it watching me, I can see its shadow beneath circling.

Ever, forever circling me inspecting me, occasionally rubbing against me, that so far has been the only solid evidence I’ve had for its size its weight. The sky is orange, dim, the sun is fading , setting on the horizon. The murky water calm, the only rare coarse wave coming when the thing beneath me comes near the top.

I never see it. Confused, for hours we each have stayed here both… why? If I move it may kill me, if I don’t I may drown when I exhaust. It can’t be much longer now before I do exhaust, before I fall asleep, and then… would I ever wake up?

The sun has set. The clouds blowing the last light away from me, I breath deeply feeling every second of the cold air, and the warm water accustomed to my skin. The wind has changed, stronger definitely not good I turn my back on the wind.

A mistake? The sudden movement, I see a grand shadow arising from the depths. I pant in fear, its gaining speed. And then I see it, it’s a Shark.
It arose from the abyss leaping from the water, turning and it looks at me. Grey and white huge muscular, making sure I take note of its excessive teeth and the mouth large enough to swallow me hole. The water white and rough as it breaks the calmness it lands back in headfirst it swims right next to me again but, closer…too close.

Its head arises its jaws closed, its pushing at my chest I look it in its dark black eyes , its slows its force. Its nose pointing at my face. It turns its head casually glancing at me as it swims along the surface of the water. Now circling me on the waves in plain sight.

It looks at me again and somehow showing confusion, it descends.
The depths of the ocean dark, no Human could see down here, but then no Human would want to. The Shark relaxed stretching and pleased of his bloated self looks up at the swimmer sensing its fear it can feel the erratic & careless splashing of it, no seal would be this clumsy, nor no fish. Why does it not retreat? Why does it stay so… still? Why does it do, what it does?

Curious the Shark is, and confused. Inspected enough it has, it goes in for fresh activity, the beast emerges quietly behind the unknown. It finds it quivering now, its breathe cold the night air slowly killing the fleshly passenger.

The Shark descends once more, this time with purpose.
So cold now. Can’t take much more of the night air and the predator lurking at me feet, a terrified sigh escapes me. My eyes are fogging now, not much more lef….t…

Dawn.

I awake to the sun, I can feel its hot rays on my wet and soaked moistened skin. I open my eyes, not a cloud in the sky, no waves at least none splashing against me. I rub my eyes, the ground beneath me solid…. The ground.. Th..e.. wasn’t there before.
Sand.

On a beach I lay, I quiver in shock.
“But …uh…how?”

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Lost In The Deep Dark

LOLShark saved your life.
954004908_e3f8c1eae3.jpg

Write MOAR PLOIX

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Pretty cool story, it had me scared. I was afraid he would get eaten. :(
I love happy endings.^_^

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score

He? When did I specify the gender of the swimmer? =P
Err anyway thanks for reading hehe. :D

Hermit

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Hermit;314954 said:
He? When did I specify the gender of the swimmer? =P
Err anyway thanks for reading hehe. :D

Hermit

I assumed so, because of the writer. :p

Lord-Albion

Lord of Albion
Reaction score

intresting story :p its so detailed ever thought of making new books for harry potter? XD

Thewetsock

He who brings in money
Reaction score

Sup pplz, awsome story, u should keep writing if ur this good +rep

Thewetsock

He who brings in money
Reaction score

Lol also, how do I change that thing that says sparrow underneath my name, it's starting to annoy me (newest member) :p

Ink

The Last Emperor
Reaction score

That was really good, you built up the tension really well. You should write more.