• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Maze's Return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Maze's Return?

I was just curious if any of you would like to see Maze return to the sequel? Although the storylines of Fable 2 have yet to be revealed, it wouldn't hurt to hear some opinions. I think his character has alot of potential.

Yes, I'm aware he was defeated in the original Fable, but the script writers always figure out a way to reintroduce them back into the plot somehow. ;)

T

The_Bard

Re: Maze's Return?

projectego said:
I was just curious if any of you would like to see Maze return to the sequel? Although the storylines of Fable 2 have yet to be revealed, it wouldn't hurt to hear some opinions. I think his character has alot of potential.

Yes, I'm aware he was defeated in the original Fable, but the script writers always figure out a way to reintroduce them back into the plot somehow. ;)

Put Maze back in the Fable2 is a great idea, but with a strange look like scythe.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Unless of course, the game takes the path of a prequal and focuses on the time of the Archon. Though if not, I think it would be cool to see Maze return, but instead make it so that he has been resurrected to fight upon the side of evil, or have it so the you meet his spirit in the next Fable in a certain part of the story.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I think it would be a good idea to re-introduce him as a character as i agree he has potential.

Plus....

Id like to kick his ass again!

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

hehe, me too.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

I like the idea of Maze being featured in a prequel alot, would be pretty cool to learn about his past and what made him decide to become a hero.

D

DivY

Sorry to break it to you... but he's dead, and he's never coming back, that is, as long as I am the Hero of Albion.

In conclusion, Bad idea.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Your no hero, I saw what you did to that cat in the alley the other day.

U

Ulicus

Bringing back dead characters = lame and boring

It was bad enough that Jack was the Big Bad in the expansion - what did he actually *add* to the story? Nothing, and it just made his characterisation in Fable make little sense. Major dead enemies should always stay dead, otherwise you quickly start to rely on the "die/resurrect" system.

Ranger

Legendary Swordsman
Reaction score

I agree he is dead which should mean he can't come back.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Never say never my little friend, you must always expect the unexpected.

Ranger

Legendary Swordsman
Reaction score

I did like him. He was my fav character
before he tried to kill me.Maybe it would be good if he came back and was a good guy once again.

Edited - Dark Drakan

M

moneymaker821

**** yeah because..
maze was a great hero, and he only followed evil through fear, plus he has an awesome attire:realmad:

Edited - Dark Drakan

T

TheBeast

Ulicus said:
Bringing back dead characters = lame and boring

It was bad enough that Jack was the Big Bad in the expansion - what did he actually *add* to the story? Nothing, and it just made his characterisation in Fable make little sense. Major dead enemies should always stay dead, otherwise you quickly start to rely on the "die/resurrect" system.

i like maze and think it would be cool to have him back but i was lookin at comments like this and i got thinkin. what if they didnt bring maze back......but they took the story back befor jack of blades and when he was a child at the guild. and he could be like whisper was.

U

Ulicus

TheBeast said:
i like maze and think it would be cool to have him back but i was lookin at comments like this and i got thinkin. what if they didnt bring maze back......but they took the story back befor jack of blades and when he was a child at the guild. and he could be like whisper was.

Having Maze appear as a child or something would be fine - but then you realise that a storyline set during that period would be somewhat limiting for your Hero. For example, in Fable - Roth says that "Only two heroes have ever been through the Arena without a rest: Thunder and Jack of Blades", so that instantly means that you wouldn't be able to play a Hero who went through the Arena without a rest.

It would be pretty cool to play as one of the Heroes in the "Band of Heroes" that the Oracle talks about, the ones who overthrew the previous Guild regime.

M

moneymaker821

playing as the hero in a past time would be stupid but it would be cooler if you played as the hero's son and learned about maze's ressurection and he became the teacher

JBL

Saber
Reaction score

I think Maze should stay dead unless he was going to be good again.

Lazy folks like me get tired of fighting the same guy twice, unless he's the final boss or somethin'.

Edited - Dark Drakan

V

Vegeta

Yea If He came back he should be good. But he might be able to come back because

jack came back in tlc.

And If they brought maze back they should make it when you beat the boss in fable2 it makes it look like you are about to die and the boss is about to strike you down then maze pops in and kills him from behind like in the beginning
Where he lightnings the bandit.
so really he wont have any major part.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

To use the spoiler warnings just surround the part you want to hide with ...

[*spoiler*] Text Here [*/spoiler*]

Just remove the * :p

K

Kneo

Seigfried said:
Unless of course, the game takes the path of a prequal and focuses on the time of the Archon. Though if not, I think it would be cool to see Maze return, but instead make it so that he has been resurrected to fight upon the side of evil, or have it so the you meet his spirit in the next Fable in a certain part of the story.

If you remember,
Maze died in a Darth Vader type fashion - you get the feeling he was overwhelmed with guilt for not standing on the side of good.

So I think that if he came back in any form, he'd be on the side of good.

Aside from that, if any conquering hero should be brought back and placed into the Fable 2 storyline, it should be someone from the character's bloodline to include your hero in Fable 1 - and whether your last character save on Fable 1 was aligned evil or good. The encounter would be the opposite for you in Fable 2. I'm not saying your Fable 1 character should represent the nemesis for Fable 2, but maybe a mini-boss though. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.