• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Melee combos?

I

Indypunk

Melee combos?

So I thought I was using the skill properly, but apperantly not....

I definitely have the skill, all of my skills are maxed out. So how do you actually "combo"?

I thought I was doing it, but I don't have the achievement....

D

deathtomacbeth

Re: Melee combos?

Yea, I thought the same thing.
I have no idea, i thought i was doing it to.
But apparently not.

I still cant taunt the bandits during combat either, right when they're far away enough they're sword magically grows 8 feet and slams me with it, thus making it very frustrating to taunt the buggars.

I

Indypunk

deathtomacbeth;231320 said:
Yea, I thought the same thing.
I have no idea, i thought i was doing it to.
But apparently not.

I still cant taunt the bandits during combat either, right when they're far away enough they're sword magically grows 8 feet and slams me with it, thus making it very frustrating to taunt the buggars.

You mean for the "Teaser" achievment?
I've tried emoting in front of them, but they don't respond....
THEN I get the crap smacked out of me.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

the combo thing is you have to have maxed speed and brutal styles level 3 and do a full speed combo attack. i still havnt done this but i know thats how its done. but its tricky.

as for the bandit thing, just keep using expressions at them, like flirt, fart, and bloodlust roar, and so on. eventually you will get it. it helps to kill most of them off and just do it to one of them.

D

deathtomacbeth

TJ Griffin;231334 said:
the combo thing is you have to have maxed speed and brutal styles level 3 and do a full speed combo attack. i still havnt done this but i know thats how its done. but its tricky.

as for the bandit thing, just keep using expressions at them, like flirt, fart, and bloodlust roar, and so on. eventually you will get it. it helps to kill most of them off and just do it to one of them.

I try but i get the balls smacked off of me everytime I do try.
Those sly buggars.

I'll keep trying though.
^_^

It kills them?

I

Indypunk

I've got maxed skill, but I still can't do it....
What is the "sign" they are talking about? Isn't it just waiting for your sword to be pulled back, as opposed to just X smashing?

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

deathtomacbeth;231335 said:
I try but i get the balls smacked off of me everytime I do try.
Those sly buggars.

I'll keep trying though.
^_^

It kills them?

no it doesnt kill them. my advise is when you get into a fight with bandits, kill all but one of them first. then back away and quickly pull of an expression. i think you have to get several different results from the bandit to get the achievment. the way i got it was to just do as many expressions in battle as i could, and after several fights i got it.

Indypunk;231353 said:
I've got maxed skill, but I still can't do it....
What is the "sign" they are talking about? Isn't it just waiting for your sword to be pulled back, as opposed to just X smashing?

you have to hit X at just the right time. im not sure when that is, but button mashing wont do it. i think the sign is when you swing your sword, there will be a slight blue trail behind it as you swing, as apposed to the normal white streeks the sword usually makes. i havnt gotten the acheivment yet, but i beleive thats how it works.

I

Indypunk

Dang, I still can't get it. I can't find that right time to hit the button....

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

This is a very easy achievement to do once you figure it out, but hard to figure out due to it's very vague description:

Get the last or second-to-last level of Brutal Styles, which will unlock Chain-Attacks. Now when you swing your weapon, you'll notice it will glow blue when the animation is at the end of the swing. That's the correct moment to hit X to initiate another attack in your combo. Then again. And again. And again...

You don't actually have to hit anything, or anyone, so just swing at the air and try to chain together 10 strikes for the achievement. It's considerably easier if you haven't upgraded your attack speed at all and using a slow two handed weapon.

I

Indypunk

Tsuyu;231403 said:
This is a very easy achievement once you figure it out, due to it's very vague description:

Get the last or second-to-last level of Brutal Styles, which will unlock Chain-Attacks. Now when you swing your weapon, you'll notice it will glow blue when the animation is at the end of the swing. That's the correct moment to hit X to initiate another attack in your combo. Then again. And again. And again...

You don't actually have to hit anything, or anyone, so just swing at the air and try to chain together 10 strikes for the achievement. It's considerably easier if you haven't upgraded your attack speed at all and using a slow two handed weapon.

Dang, my guy is as quick as lightning. I guess I'll just have to go buy one of those stone-pillar maces.

R

Razielmorton

as for Teaser I found the best way to do it is to max out time control then do the emotions. When I got it I didn't do it to one bandit but a few at different times. I don't think Highway men count towards it so don't bother with them (and remember to do one emotion from each category)

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

Indypunk;231326 said:
You mean for the "Teaser" achievment?
I've tried emoting in front of them, but they don't respond....
THEN I get the crap smacked out of me.
funny you say that... use the smack emote on one thats how i got it

B

boatdink

The way i did it (took me about a minute or two) is to measure the time between the first combo attack and the second then say something in your head thats about that long and everytime you hit x, say it then hit x again and if you doit it right you dont even have to look at the screen