• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Modern Warfare 3

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I love Allied Assault. I know WW II is considered overused, but I'd love modern WW II shooter like BF3.

That sub pen level I know how to kill everyone without getting caught. Even the ones scripted to face each other and have a discussion; kill one of them and the other talks to his corpse!

Oh, also the breakdancing Nazi easter egg.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I love Allied Assault. I know WW II is considered overused, but I'd love modern WW II shooter like BF3.

That sub pen level I know how to kill everyone without getting caught. Even the ones scripted to face each other and have a discussion; kill one of them and the other talks to his corpse!

Oh, also the breakdancing Nazi easter egg.

Yeah the destruction and vehicles would make it seem fresh. Id want it to be large scale or at least feel it, rather than 15 men storming Omaha Beach like past games.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah the destruction and vehicles would make it seem fresh. Id want it to be large scale or at least feel it, rather than 15 men storming Omaha Beach like past games.

I believe the only Call of Duty which has a D-Day mission that's actually on one of the beaches is Call of Duty 2 - Pointe du Hoc, and even that was a little smaller-scale because you did have loads of guys on the beach but they continued to come in on waves during the actual battle where as in the game you only saw that first wave. I think they could have the potential to do a large scale realistic Omaha, Utah or even Juno, Sword and Gold mission because if you played Call of Duty 1 for PC there was the Stalingrad level and waves of Russians continued to be boated in. Like Tsuyu said I would love if someone took everything from Battlefield 3 and made it World War 2 era, regardless of the fact World War 2 is so over-used.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I believe the only Call of Duty which has a D-Day mission that's actually on one of the beaches is Call of Duty 2 - Pointe du Hoc, and even that was a little smaller-scale because you did have loads of guys on the beach but they continued to come in on waves during the actual battle where as in the game you only saw that first wave. I think they could have the potential to do a large scale realistic Omaha, Utah or even Juno, Sword and Gold mission because if you played Call of Duty 1 for PC there was the Stalingrad level and waves of Russians continued to be boated in. Like Tsuyu said I would love if someone took everything from Battlefield 3 and made it World War 2 era, regardless of the fact World War 2 is so over-used.

I was more referring to Medal of Honor with the Omaha Beach comment but still stands for the small scale style skirmishes like Stalingrad in CoD but I did enjoy that level and not having a weapon for the first part. Just takes something away from the immersion when enemies constantly respawn and are continuously mowed down or dont actually add anything to the conflict besides background noise.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
I was more referring to Medal of Honor with the Omaha Beach comment but still stands for the small scale style skirmishes like Stalingrad in CoD but I did enjoy that level and not having a weapon for the first part. Just takes something away from the immersion when enemies constantly respawn and are continuously mowed down or dont actually add anything to the conflict besides background noise.

I know you were referring to Medal of Honor because I played Frontline and saw Allied Assault and both Omaha sequences involved like you said all of about 15 men, I just figured if anybody had the potential to do a large scale D-Day beach scene it could be the Call of Duty franchise.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I know you were referring to Medal of Honor because I played Frontline and saw Allied Assault and both Omaha sequences involved like you said all of about 15 men, I just figured if anybody had the potential to do a large scale D-Day beach scene it could be the Call of Duty franchise.

Call of Duty knows how to do set pieces but I believe if any one could do large scale it would be DICE.