• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Need help with retexturing... have read the guide for dummies...

D

Drake1132

Need help with retexturing... have read the guide for dummies...

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to do what theoretically should be an easy and straightforward retexturing of the Assassin Trousers (neutral, not red).

Now I've successfully done other retextures before for Fable TLC (and for other games too for that matter), and I'm pretty happy with how things have generally turned out, but there's something wierd about the Assassin Trousers texture I'm trying to do.

When the texture loads in game I get a chaotic jumble of rainbow collored pixels, primarily Cyan, Magenta, White, and Yellow (or perhaps only those colors, I really didn't pay that much attention).

I had a similar experience with a retexture of the Apprentice Shirt texture, but I wasn't happy with that texture anyway, so I redid it and it worked fine.

I've saved the new textures as both 32-bit and 24-bit *.bmp Windows Bitmaps in Adobe Photoshop CS2, and both versions have the same problem (all of my textures that work are 32-bit *.bmp Windows Bitmaps).

Is this just an issue of failed or corrupted imports? Would re-importing the texture fix the problem?

If someone could please explain to me how this happens and what I can do to fix it, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Drake

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Need help with retexturing... have read the guide for dummies...

I'm not quite sure what that problem is. I've seen it occur on many instances. My guess would be to try remaking the texture. I tried to retexture the balverine and they all ended up the same way. So I reloaded the original .BMP and then remade and reloaded my modified one and it worked fine.:ninja:

D

Drake1132

Yeah, I think it's an issue of the file getting corrupted during the import process... strange thing is that it shows up fine in the 2D view in FE. Anyway, I'll try to replace it a few times here and there and see if I can get it to work.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Drake

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

That my friend, is corruption.

As for a fix, I don't really know. Corruption is a difficult one.

OldBoy

Reaction score

Try working in a different file format. Best would be .dds cause it's fable's native format. There's a photoshop plugin somewhere on nVidea's website.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah, some of my old mods loaded up like that awhile ago. :lol: Looks freakin' weird.