• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Halo Game Revealed

Is a RTS Halo A Good Idea?

• Yeah! (Its Halo Afterall!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
New Halo Game Revealed

Known as Halo Wars and it is a real-time strategy game (as Halo was originally designed as).

Microsoft announced Halo Wars, a real-time strategy title from developer Ensemble Studios (Age of Empires) in the Halo universe is being created and that Ensemble is creating the title exclusively for the Xbox 360.

Halo Wars will put players in command of the human UNSC forces in their first encounter against the alien Covenant, with multiple factions (humans, Covenant, Flood) clashing it should make for an interesting game.

Watch this space :p

D

darkoverlord

Re: New Halo Game Revealed

*:w00t: awesome how did u find this info*

and -is it still going to b in first person or like kingdom under fire:wacko:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

darkoverlord;23392 said:
*:w00t: awesome how did u find this info*

and -is it still going to b in first person or like kingdom under fire:wacko:

Real Time Strategy Game (as in command and conquer, american conquest, age of empires etc) so not first person at all.

I have my sources :ninja:

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

The fact that the creators of Age of Empires is behind is a good thing, but I still can't shake the feeling that it will just be a horrible atempt to milking every penny out of the Halo concept...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;23399 said:
The fact that the creators of Age of Empires is behind is a good thing, but I still can't shake the feeling that it will just be a horrible atempt to milking every penny out of the Halo concept...

Not exactley as Halo was originally going to be a RTS game in first place so it was only a matter of time before they thought 'Hmm what if we had released it as an RTS game' would it have been as popular...

darkoverlord;23400 said:
*thanx and great find*^_^

Thanks alot ^_^

D

darkoverlord

Tsuyu;23399 said:

* i agree*

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;23401 said:
Not exactley as Halo was originally going to be a RTS game in first place so it was only a matter of time before they thought 'Hmm what if we had released it as an RTS game' would it have been as popular...

darkoverlord;23404 said:
* i agree*

Read my above post ;)

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;23401 said:

Well, if we see it on the other side it could've been:

"Hey John, remeber how we first wanted to make Halo into a RTS? With the big success of Halo as a FPS we could pull something togheter and make more cash!"

Meh...failed a math test today, that's why I am so negative.
It'll probably rule.

D

darkoverlord

Tsuyu;23413 said:

"Hey John, remeber how we first wanted to make Halo into a RTS? With the big success of Halo as a FPS we could pull something togheter and make more cash!"

-Not saying i disagree with u drakan but (it looks like thats what they r trying)

P

Poppycock

thats just a asumption and who cares? is it not a good game with or without greedy producers?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;23413 said:

Meh...failed a math test today, that's why I am so negative.
It'll probably rule.

Even if it does fail, at least they can say they tried it and it didnt work.

Poppycock;23423 said:
thats just a asumption and who cares? is it not a good game with or without greedy producers?

Very true, i dont care if they are cashing in anyway. All producers are out to make money but if its a great game who cares.

D

darkoverlord

Poppycock;23423 said:
*i cant argue with any one there r to many good points, because even if it is for money purposes it still will probably prove to b a great game*^_^

P

Poppycock

darkoverlord;23428 said:
*i cant argue with any one there r to many good points, because even if it is for money purposes it still will probably prove to b a great game*^_^
exactly!

F

flamingsquirrel

uhg, no comment, wait, i tajke it back, I think it's a bad idea. changing the series entire style is crap, spinoffs suck. I'm saying it will suck, but i don't like the idea of splitting the franchise

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Mmmm halo....That's pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.