• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Video!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynne

Reaction score
Re: New Video!

Basically every movie released these days is pure trash. Too bad nobody knows who Humprey Bogart is, or Katherine Hepburn. No, we're stuck with raunchy comedies about penis' and drugs and melodramas about vampires. If that's really the depth of the current teenage mind, I fear for our future. However, unless Samuel L Jackson or Michael Cera are starring in some Fable movie, none of this has any place in the current conversational topic, which is about this new video. I think the video is okay, I mean, I'm torn. I don't want to see many other places, because I want some of it to be a surprise, but a little bit of new information would be okay too.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

GrimWhim;428837 said:
Successful career? Yes... he plays the stereotypical angry black man oh so well. It might happen to a lot of actors but it doesn't happen nearly as often. One of the best? I think not. You should watch a film that doesn't involve SLJ for a change.

Answer: Every one of them.

In what way is Mace Windu an angry black man? If you mean that he is angry at one point, then yeah I guess. But then all black men are angry black men by that crazy logic.

And I'm now done this stupid talk with you. The moment you start making assumptions on what I do [e.g. basically stating that I only watch films with Jackson in it] is when I stop regarding you as someone who can actually think about other people's opinions without actually getting emotional to some degree.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

SelfAppointedGunslinger;429061 said:
Ain't that the bloody truth.

What about Kick-Ass? That film [and the comics] was absolutely amazing. Toy Story 3? Splice?

Just wait, 2010 isn't a good year for films. But 2011 will be. The Aliens prequel is coming, the Hellraiser remake, and then some!

Anyway let's all go back on topic.

Matt_352

Reaction score

Pixar seem to top themselves again and again

Shadowtree

Winner of Lil'Miss Zerg 2010
Reaction score

Shadowtree;428332 said:
The Picture DOES look alot like hammer. But it isnt... She could be hammers descenant... But I doubt it... I think its a pirate chick I saw in a picture before... when I find it ill link it...

BEHOLD! I have found the promised pic.

6114.RPE_5F00_04.jpg

Its been posted like.... 2 times before on different threads though, but I figured It deserved to recongized once more..

Anywho, OBIVIOUSLY the woman on the left is probably the poster chick... and she most likely ISNT hammers daughter. I just cant see the resemblance... :Hmm:

Then again, you never know.

Grymm

Lorenzo Von Matterhorn
Reaction score

Shadowtree;431978 said:
BEHOLD! I have found the promised pic.

6114.RPE_5F00_04.jpg

Its been posted like.... 2 times before on different threads though, but I figured It deserved to recongized once more..

Anywho, OBIVIOUSLY the woman on the left is probably the poster chick... and she most likely ISNT hammers daughter. I just cant see the resemblance... :Hmm:

Then again, you never know.

DO NOT DARE DISAGREE WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF THAT BEING HAMMER'S AND GARTH'S LOVE-CHILD
/cruise control

back on topic, I don't mind hearing the same thing over and over again as I have a shocking short-term memory

Prince Louis

Incredibly Handsome Master of All Villainy
Reaction score

Nice video but goddamn watching that hammer/club was painful for me. They just seem sooo slow.. -_-

Ben Finn though YAY!! ^_^

Shadowtree

Winner of Lil'Miss Zerg 2010
Reaction score

Grymm;431993 said:
DO NOT DARE DISAGREE WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF THAT BEING HAMMER'S AND GARTH'S LOVE-CHILD
/cruise control

back on topic, I don't mind hearing the same thing over and over again as I have a shocking short-term memory

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell....
I Wasn't going to directly disagree with the possibility, but you, Sir, have forced my hand.... :rolleyes:

I never really saw the appeal of that "shipping" to be totally honest. Its about as unlikely as Britney Spears playing Mother Teresa in a Biographical Film. :shifty:

Grymm

Lorenzo Von Matterhorn
Reaction score

Shadowtree;432002 said:
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell....
I Wasn't going to directly disagree with the possibility, but you, Sir, have forced my hand.... :rolleyes:

I never really saw the appeal of that "shipping" to be totally honest. Its about as unlikely as Britney Spears playing Mother Teresa in a Biographical Film. :shifty:

I aim to please... and honestly I would watch that movie, just to see how bad it was

Reaction score

Rat;429069 said:
What about Kick-Ass? That film [and the comics] was absolutely amazing. Toy Story 3? Splice?

Just wait, 2010 isn't a good year for films. But 2011 will be. The Aliens prequel is coming, the Hellraiser remake, and then some!

Kickass was good but not amazing, Although I admit there are some good films out these days I would rather watch classics like the original Star Wars films, James Bond, Dirty Harry or Terminator 2 any day.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Rat;429069 said:

Kick-Ass was an extremely overrated film. Not to mention it was impossible to enjoy it with some 10 year old gal doing all the ass kicking while the "main character" was sitting around whining about how he was a failure. Real exciting, eh? Haven't seen Toy Story 3 or Splice but from what I've seen of the latter, it's another "Oh ****! We shouldn't have played God!" movie. Nothing unique or interesting about it... other than the fact the creature looks like Britney Spears.

SelfAppointedGunslinger;429061 said:
Ain't that the bloody truth.

It's definitely been a mediocre year but there have been several movies that were pretty good.

Rat;429058 said:
In what way is Mace Windu an angry black man? If you mean that he is angry at one point, then yeah I guess. But then all black men are angry black men by that crazy logic.

And I'm now done this stupid talk with you. The moment you start making assumptions on what I do [e.g. basically stating that I only watch films with Jackson in it] is when I stop regarding you as someone who can actually think about other people's opinions without actually getting emotional to some degree.

The only person here that is getting emotional is you. I'm calm and completely collected where as you seem to be getting upset. Also, there are no implications anywhere that implies you only watch films with Samuel L. Jackson in them.

I don't count Star Wars because he hardly had any screen time. Maybe a few lines here, a few lines there. Sure, it's probably the only movie(s) that did him any justice but even then they weren't that great.

Aside from that, I believe all his roles have been the stereotypical angry black man. Of course, I can't say for sure because I haven't gone out of my way just to watch all his films.

Lithary

Reaction score

Explosions look a bit dumb in 2:30-2:40.
They explode and suddenly disappear when they start to shrink instead just getting smaller, smaller and smaller and disappear more slowly and properly like they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.