• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

No More Money Glitch!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtSmitty07

Reaction score
No More Money Glitch!!!!!

Okay I haven't played Fable II in a while and i decided I wanted to start a new story and perfect it, but I also wanted to use the money glitch like I used to do. So I started the game (my 6th game started) and got all the way where I went to Bowerstone Market to do some blacksmithing and such. I invested in a few shops and stalls and saved and quit.

I did everything I was supposed to do to do the money glitch, but when I started the game back up, it said I couldn't load the game because it contains new DLC or something like that. So that made me have to sign back into live, just so I could play it. That prevents me from using the money glitch. I tried everything to let me use the money glitch but nothing seems to work.

Is there any tips out there for me regarding how to fix this problem? And I don't want to hear anything about how I should stop being retarded and just don't do the money glitch, because I want to. That's what this whole thread is about.

Please, someone tell me what's going on with the game. I hope it wasn't a patch.

Kupu

Berserker
Reaction score
Re: No More Money Glitch!!!!!

I think you need to get the DLCs not to sure though my money glitch works fine and I've all the DLC

SgtSmitty07

Reaction score

Tell me exactly how many DLC's you have. I need to make sure.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

There is only 2...

And write in steps how you did it. I always spot a mistake in every instruction.

When you started the game first time did you have LIVE on?

SgtSmitty07

Reaction score

Look, I have the LE Content, and the Knothole Premium. I started it with live turned on. I got to the part where I have to travel to Oakfield from Bowerstone. First though, I bought some shops and tried to do the glitch, but when I turned it back on, It said it wouldn't let me play cuz the saved game contained different DLC's.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Threre is only see the future left.

And tell me in steps what you did!

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

There is no patch that Im aware of. all you have to do is disconnect live by unplugging the xbox's conection to the internet and then change the date. did you unistall something?

here are the proper steps to take (although I dont approve of doing it, this is how its done)
1 load Fable II and rent some places/buy some shops.
2 make sure enough time has gone by so you are collecting rent (it takes a few days for people to move in I think)
3 save game and exit to dashboard.
4 unplug ethernet cable (or if your using wireless, unplug that) so you cannot access live.
5 change the date on the xbox dashboard to sometime in the future.
6 load Fable II and collect your ill gotten money.
7 save game and exit to dashboard.
8 re connect cable and access live again.

Thats it. although I dont approve of it, I have tryed it a few times. I have come to the conclusion that it can cause a minor glitch that makes your character have the wrong attibutes (like flies when your pure/good, or a halo when your pure/evil etc.) when you first load your save. moving to a new area will correct this. This may be because I used the glitch to quickly become corrupt to open a demon door, and then to quickly become pure again.

With the way the money system is set up, and the way the glitch works, I cant see any way that they could ever correct the glitch. unless they removed the system that earns you money when the game isnt running. The system makes it so painfully easy to get money, I dont see the need to use this glitch. Unless you really like to have 20 million+ gold and nothing to do with it.

SgtSmitty07

Reaction score

I did everything like that, but at step 6 when you're supposed to load the game, it says i can't because i started the game with different DLC, which I DIDN'T!!!!

SgtSmitty07

Reaction score

Has anyone else experienced this problem besides me???

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

Aww thats sucks. Every time i use the money glitch it works, although i don't find it hard to make millions without the money glitch anyways. Maybe you should just do some other things to make money rather than using that cheat.

(No offence to anyone that constantly uses the money cheat.)

SgtSmitty07

Reaction score

Well I don't see how you can make MILLIONS without the money glitch. Jobs only make you thousands, and they take forever, and are sometimes hard. If there's another way, please tell me.

Rad

Old Name: Zencidal
Premium
Reaction score

uhh maybe try playing without glitching?

SgtSmitty07

Reaction score

But playing without glitching doesn't give you that much money. And it takes forever just go get a good amount of money

M

MancHero

it doesnt take that long, i started it this mornin from fresh and had about 100 grand in about 2 and 'alf hours.

B

Barnithius

Its simple if you have any of the DLC then you need to delete them becuase the game is trying to acess the DLC becuase it is needed if you have it becuase of the guy in bowerstone and all so what you do is go to your memory and delete the updates and all and you can redownload them once you have all the money you wish to have :D and if that doesnt work then im not sure i havent tryed the money glitch before but there are people that have had this typer of problem before and its the same concept. I hope this works for ya :)

SgtSmitty07

Reaction score

but if I delete the updates, then I won't be able to play online until i update it.

B

Barnithius

First you should delete the updates to fable then unhook the cable get the money you desire and then re hook the cable in and install the updates which should delete the dlc to and then re hook the cable into the xbox and go online to reinstall them all and it should be fine... If its not maybe some one else will correct me or post another possible way to fix this error :D but this is the only thing i could think of that could possible work.

X

Xeon

oh noes, you'll have to earn money through hard labour

SgtSmitty07

Reaction score

Well I'm not gonna waste my life on trying to earn money on Fable 2, so I think I would rather take the easy way out.

X

Xeon

If you're good at the jobs there's not much of a time difference

Status
Not open for further replies.