• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Oakvale

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Re: Oakvale

I'd like that Gunslinger.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;404807 said:
It was in such high demand for Fable 2, I think they'll have to put it in 3. If not, a lot of fanboys will be angriez again. >:[

damn them fan boys!^_^

I like the return of places/ characters in sequels, as long as theres a point to them being there.

Corbenikk

Albion's Finest
Reaction score

You Might Have The Choice To Rebuild Oakvale Because Your The King Of Albion.
It Cant Be A Swamp Village Or Else Banshees And Hollow Men Who Start Having A Killing Spree.

sirsimon

Reaction score

I think oakvale could return, because of Reaver and the shadow court

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

I hope it returns and Oakvale serves a bigger purpose than just exiting and being a town. However, seeing that we'll be able to be king, I think you can have Oakvale around if you choose too. :(

Benjamin510

God of rose returness.
Reaction score

I never had one, as I bought 2 three weeks ago. I would like to see Oakvale for the first time.

anain12

Reaction score

Benjamin510;405905 said:
I never had one, as I bought 2 three weeks ago. I would like to see Oakvale for the first time.
Oakvale is cute, just FYI

BigDaddy

Reaction score

perhaps once we become king there may be a quest in accumilating enough money to rebuild oakvale?

sirsimon

Reaction score

I believe that Oakvale may become a large industrail port

Overan

Reaction score

Ryu_the_fox;404867 said:
Well over time when these people were gone other people took their place, its the circle of life really. I mean people are dying every second and being born every second, and if you ask me all the towns and cities in albion look pretty full to me. Say you revive thousands of people back all of a sudden, those people will be either homeless or cramped in on their homes. The world would be seriously overpopulated and it would bring a whole new meaning to claustrophobia. Those people are going to have to go. It may sound a bit outrageous, but thats pretty much what would probably happen.

that overpopulation was a major problem for victorian cities, since it caused rapid disease spread, tenement housing, and other problems. Cities had to expand faster than ever to compensate and seeing how fable 3 is quasi-victorian it might happen. Remember how Molyneux said that a major decision in fable 3 was city expansion vs. nature.

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score

I think when your king you should have the option to do an assassins creed 2 thing with Oakvale. Like spend money on it and stuff. Also I think If you can do that, people would be against it saying its a waste of money. Also people would be for it saying it's a great way to spread the population! :D

Mastperf

Reaction score

You were able to free the people of Oakvale from the curse in See the Future so who knows what that means for Wraithmarsh.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

None of the many places from older games will return. In exception of Bowerstone and another one.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

This thread is pretty old. stop posting here.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

It's a possibility. Unlikely, but still a possiblity.

I'd very much like to see it accessible, but seeing as Bloodstone is not returning, I doubt Wraithmarsh will.

I'd like to favour the suggestion that it could be one of your decisions as King. Maybe you could restore and rebuild Oakvale, but at a heavy cost.

And then there's the Shadow Court problem. I doubt anything less than a Hero could drive them out, so you'd have to be very closely involved with the restoration.

On top of that, there'd be Reaver to worry about. The Shadow Court could blackmail him into trying to stop you, by threatening to revoke his eternal youth. And as Reaver is probably going to be a very influential character (by the way of Reaver Industries), the trouble he could cause more than likely wouldn't sit well with your people.

But this is all just my speculation, and like I said, as Bloodstone isn't returning, I doubt Wraithmarsh will either. ^_^

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

tjbyrum1;404835 said:
I TRULY doubt anything can diminish the entire Shadow Court in 50 years (time between 2 and 3).

Anyway, if they were driven out of Wraithmarsh, the ground and forests would take time to regenerate, regrow, and turn into its former glory.

Then again, Balverines, Banshees, Undead, trolls.... think about lugging these guys outta Wraithmarsh to rebuild Oakvale.

All I'm saying is, if Oakvale WAS rebuilt, it would not be as it was in its former glory. Dead trees and old dead grass, constant danger from balverines etc, plus a resistance from the Court.

If Oakvale was remade, it'd be like Westcliff (before it was renovated).

However, I DID love that place more than any other.

No one ever said the ShadowCourt can't move somewhere. It's clear their whole operation is built on people seeking them out. And we know that if someone doesn't pay their dues to the ShadowCourt, they go and find 'em.

As for the other points, there's never been many trolls in Albion, they're quite rare, and Logan commands an army. If one hero can deal with it, a thousand soldiers can just as easily.

Balverines aren't native to that part of Albion as far as we can. If you'll remember back to the first game, the only place we saw them was way north [I forget the name of the little village, it was in a forest]. We also know they keep to forest areas, it's clear that if a place as defended properly, they'd keep clear of it. Same can't be said about White Balverines, though.

And as for the undead and banshees thing, they don't seem to come near to people. By which I mean they seem to stick to underground areas, and unpopulated/deserted parts.

Given Logan's power, I don't think it's hard to see that he could have rebuilt Oakvale, or turned it into an industrial area. With his power and wealth, 50 years is more than enough time to do a hell of a lot.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

Rat;435538 said:
No one ever said the ShadowCourt can't move somewhere. It's clear their whole operation is built on people seeking them out. And we know that if someone doesn't pay their dues to the ShadowCourt, they go and find 'em.

As for the other points, there's never been many trolls in Albion, they're quite rare, and Logan commands an army. If one hero can deal with it, a thousand soldiers can just as easily.

Balverines aren't native to that part of Albion as far as we can. If you'll remember back to the first game, the only place we saw them was way north [I forget the name of the little village, it was in a forest]. We also know they keep to forest areas, it's clear that if a place as defended properly, they'd keep clear of it. Same can't be said about White Balverines, though.

And as for the undead and banshees thing, they don't seem to come near to people. By which I mean they seem to stick to underground areas, and unpopulated/deserted parts.

Given Logan's power, I don't think it's hard to see that he could have rebuilt Oakvale, or turned it into an industrial area. With his power and wealth, 50 years is more than enough time to do a hell of a lot.

Maybe Logan isn't aware of Wraithmarsh's history as a town, and so it hasn't occured to him to industrialise it.

Also, Logan hasn't been in power for 50 years.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

GhostlyIcicle;435567 said:
Maybe Logan isn't aware of Wraithmarsh's history as a town, and so it hasn't occured to him to industrialise it.

Also, Logan hasn't been in power for 50 years.

Logan himself hasn't been in power for 50 years. true. But we don't know what the Hero from Fable 2 would have done as king. For all we know Wraithmarsh has been replaced with a thousand acre forest by now.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

Rat;435571 said:
Logan himself hasn't been in power for 50 years. true. But we don't know what the Hero from Fable 2 would have done as king. For all we know Wraithmarsh has been replaced with a thousand acre forest by now.

Well, maybe this is what kind of effect your morality and your choices from Fable II will have on your game.

Let's not forget what I said about Bloodstone not being in Fable III. If Wraithmarsh is included, why wouldn't Bloodstone be?

I highly doubt any industrialisation occured in Wraithmarsh during the 50 year gap.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

GhostlyIcicle;435582 said:
Well, maybe this is what kind of effect your morality and your choices from Fable II will have on your game.

Let's not forget what I said about Bloodstone not being in Fable III. If Wraithmarsh is included, why wouldn't Bloodstone be?

I highly doubt any industrialisation occured in Wraithmarsh during the 50 year gap.

why do you doubt that? For however long Logan has been in power, it's likely he's been a tyrannical, greedy, powerhungry man. Why wouldn't he want to industrialise an area? The sheer fact that he could make it safe to live in again, would make the people of Albion flock to it. The place is incredibly historic to Albion.

As for the Bloodstone thing, it was really run down. I think Reaver's presence there was the only thing keeping it afloat in whatever business it got. I couldn't see that town lasting for very long considering how small and poor it was, and given it's reputation for being filled with criminals it's doubtful traders would even want to go near it.

We'll just have to wait and see I guess. It would be cool to have something left of Oakvale. Maybe some kind of statue or something in it's memory. ah.

Status
Not open for further replies.