• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Oblivion Help

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score
Oblivion Help

Long ago, I told you guys how I hated Oblivion game. I just starting playing again. IT ROCKS! I don't know what I was thinking.
But I need help. How do you pick locks manually?

A

Arcturius

Re: Oblivion Help

You move your pick left and right with the left stick, and you move the right stick up to hit one of the thingies, and you press A when it is completely at the top.

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Thank you! I finally got in to the part where you can join the Dark Brother hood and I didn't know how to pick the door.

F

FableFreak

I moved this to Greatwood Park rather than the Tavern, it seemed a bit more fitting here.

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

FableFreak;177859 said:
I moved this to Greatwood Park rather than the Tavern, it seemed a bit more fitting here.

So, trying some of your mod skills? :lol:

I have another question, what is the benefit of talking to people and persuading them? How can I persuade better?

F

FableFreak

Triz;177863 said:
So, trying some of your mod skills? :lol:

I have another question, what is the benefit of talking to people and persuading them? How can I persuade better?

I never got the persuasion thing. I tried but failed at it numerous times.

Dr KillJoy

Dark Paladin
Reaction score

If anyone is stuck on pick locking go and do the nocternal quest when it is complete you will recieve a skelaton key i think it boosts your lock picking skill by 25 points and it doesn't even break

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

the Dr is right - I use the skeleton key and it's invaluable :D
Persuasion is a pain but just go to the option and opt to start. When you spin the circle (without selecting anything just yet) you can see the person's reaction to the 4 persuasion types. It can be hard to gauge the expressions of the Orcs and the Argonians so practice on Nords, Imperials, Redguards etc until you've got the hang of it. Even if you don't do all that well, your skill will still increases because you've tried.

If you don't have the skeleton key (or don't want it) stock up on lockpicks, get a couple of lockpicking spells if you have the magic for it and then practice over and over - all else fails, the auto attempt (X button) works after about three hits on average.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I found persuasion quite easy actually, you just need to be observant of their expressions and know what order to do the actions in.

Successfully persuading someone sort of increases friendship with them and in shops, you can successfully barter more. Some actions are also only available when you become friends with the person you are talking to, e.g. If you are talking to a Beggar then they will only tell you about the Gray Fox if you are friends with them or if you were already invited.

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Thank you... Wait, so the Gray Fox really is real?

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

You'll need to complete the Thieves Guild questline if you want to find the answer to that one ;)

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

There are usualy two good things and two bad when trying to persuade. I try all for on the lowest value and then figure out how to proceed.

Generally if the two good and two bad are opposite from each other you need to find two meters, one high and one low, that are opposite and use them exclusively.

If the two good and two bad are next to each other you need to find two meters, one high and one low, that are next to each other and use them exclusively.

Once level up your speechcraft you'll gian the ability to spin the wheel once which can help up your score a bit but the basic strategy still applies.
9-s.jpg

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Oh, I see what your saying Todd. It's a great way to do it. +REP

When/ How can I join the Thieves Guild?

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

Main Page - UESPWiki

Just type anything in the search box, it has everything to do with Oblivion, walkthroughs etc.

Just type in "Thieves Guild"

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

FableFreak;177859 said:

That's some great moderating right there, Brian. :kiss:

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Join the thieves guild by spending a night in prison - not as part of a questline involving a night in the cells though. A Dark Elf, usually, will come and approach you at some point and give a message to you.

The Wiki is great but there are bits missing and incorrect, as it is edited by everyone and not just one person. I use it to find all the random locations - as well as the Daedric Shrine no one will tell you about in the game - you have to find that one all by yourself...

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

Yes the wiki can be edited by anyone but the staff there changes it to the correct info with in 5minutes tops (been tested by some friends xD)

Dr KillJoy

Dark Paladin
Reaction score

Here is great glitch if you hit someone or a gaurd in Bravil and get caught run and jummp into the lake and then surrender and pay the fine and you will start swimming in mid air but I am not sure if it works if the game is patched but it is worth a shot

Amanda

I'M DE WEEEEINER!
Reaction score

xSiLeNtxD34tHx;178228 said:
Main Page - UESPWiki

Just type anything in the search box, it has everything to do with Oblivion, walkthroughs etc.

Just type in "Thieves Guild"

I would absolutely recommend that website, it has assisted me with EVERYTHING Oblivion related.

It has a guide to Speechcraft (persuasion) as well as many guides to just about anything you can think of.

Oblivion:Speechcraft - UESPWiki

Here's a video guide to lock picking:

YouTube - Oblivion - How to Lockpick

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Cool tutorial Thanks for the help ;)