• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Oblivion Help

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Oblivion Help

Really awful glitch happened to me yesterday - I was near the beginning of the Thieves Guild questline where you have to
steal the tax records from Heironymous Lex's office
and this dumbass guard was standing on the trapdoor so no matter what day or time I tried to get in there, he was still there threatening me. Killing him would have wasted valuable time and would also have woken everyone else up around him....grrr....

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

The bit I hated about the thieves guild quest was when you had to
infiltrate the monastary place.
Damn blind monks :getlost:

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Yes! I'm in the Thieves Guild. It's some hard quest that has to be for-filled. Also, all you have to do to join the Guild is just serve time in jail once and in a couple of days they will come.

I was looking at the achievements and there is something called the fighting guild. Is the fighting guild only fist fighting or can you use weapons? If there is weapons involved, I wanna join!

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

HELP! I'm a vampire!!! Level 2 vampire!!!! I need to know how to get rid of it FOREVER! Please I need help!!

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Oh dear... I'm afraid you're in trouble...

The easiest way to get rid of it is to reaload from an earlier save (which is what I would do).

The next easiest way is to download the Deepscorn Hollow DC pack and use the vampire cure facility there. That will set you back slightly in the MS points category though.

The hardest (but most fulfilling) is to do the vampire cure quest. I think all you have to do is talk to the Count of Skingrad.

Vampirism works in four levels. The highest one making you the most Vampire like. You become level one (with small strenght bonuses, but also a small weakness to sunlight) after you have fed. To feed on someone, just sneak up to them while they are sleeping and sursor should become a teeth symbol. Click on them and it should give you the option of whether you want to feed or pickpocket. The longer you go without feeding, the higher level vampire you are. At the highest level (level four) you become extremely weakened by the sun and some people wont talk to you, but also have the most strength bonuses (such as having a charm person on touch 100 pts to make up for the fact that people hate you).

To stop yourself from becoming a vampire, after you contract the vampires disease (it's p-something hemophilia. I can't remember off the top of my head) you must cure it after 24 game hours. It is easy to cure , just go to any temple and ask for your diseases to be cleansed.

And yes there is a fighting guild (and also a magic guild and an assassins guild) and yes it is weapons. It is mainly involved with killing things and learning to melee fight. To join (and this is the same for the mages guild aswell) just go to a guild hall (theres one in every city, except the Imperial City) and talk to the head.

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

..ger.. I hate this. I just looked for that vampire quest and it's LONG! But let me get this right, if I get it again do I have to do the quest over again or just go to any temple and asked to be cleansed?

Dr KillJoy

Dark Paladin
Reaction score

People say that the Umbra is the most powerful sword in the game but it is not when you are level 30 or more go in to an oblivion gate and get the Sigal stone but before you take it save the game game and then if you do not like the effect of the stone the reload the file and it will change my cheracter is waering a suit that has fethur 120 points on self and i duplicated the stone and added the them to the armour and I dont get over encumbered by wearing heavy armour

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Took me ages to realise the use of Sigil Stones...I prefer enchanting my own stuff anyway - although if you have the Shivering Isles expansion pack, the Dawnfang/Duskfang sword is pretty sweet...

The Arena, like Amanda said, is good for fighting - helps you level up pretty quickly and is probably the shortest in terms of questlines (the fighter's guild one is stupidly long in my opinion). Fighter's Guild is all I have to do on Oblivion for Jessica now and then I'm going to be working through Shivering Isles until she has all the achievements. Took me ages to finish the Thieves Guild last night - only level 2 and it was still a pain...

P

PiNo RoKr

HAHA!!!
Triz is a hypocrite
Just kidding dude, you're cool

D

Dragon_Disciple

I can't do the Thief's Guild, I'm just no good with sneaking around. Plus, I had bad experiences with Morrowind, so I also partially resent it.

The Fighter's Guild isn't all that great, mostly going about settling quarrels with either words or swords.

The Arena is fun cause when you win you get a little something that provides fun, and it's not gear. Those who finished it know of what I speak.

P

PiNo RoKr

I used to have Morrowind.
that game was amazing
but i have never played oblivion so i can't help you Triz and so maybe i shouldn't be posting crap on people who need help's forums.
sorry

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

It's OK PiNo. The fighting guild sounds to me stupid. I'd already finished the arena. Now I just fight monsters weekly. And, yes I'm still a vampire. It's really dumb when your on quest and all of a sudden the sun rises up. Does anyone know where can I find 5 empty grand soul gems? And, how do you capture souls?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Triz;179476 said:
It's OK PiNo. The fighting guild sounds to me stupid. I'd already finished the arena. Now I just fight monsters weekly. And, yes I'm still a vampire. It's really dumb when your on quest and all of a sudden the sun rises up. Does anyone know where can I find 5 empty grand soul gems? And, how do you capture souls?

This is one of the biggest flaw in the game, IMO - Soul Gems. If you're a fighter or thief /assassin character you're sorta screwed, and as they are the ones most likely to use weapons with charges (Wizardly types got their spells after all) it seems really stupid.

What you need is a spell with the Soultrap effect and Empty Soul Gems. Cast the spell on an enemy, and when it dies it goes into an empty Soul Gem.

The way I do it is joining the Mages Guild and doing the quest to make your own Staff, and then pick the Soultrap effect for it. Sucks if you wanna play a pure Warrior-type who only wants to be associated with the "warriory" guilds, but oh well.:unsure:

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

If you don't want to join the mages guild you can go to the Arcane University and if you can sneak past Bothiel. Raminus, Irlav and Hannibal, there are some rather tasty grand soul gems in locked display cases in the lobby, council chambers and Traven's study.

Amanda

I'M DE WEEEEINER!
Reaction score

I've always had a hard time attempting to capture souls and still haven't gotten one to this day. I've also been stuck on one mission with the Mages guild for quite sometime. However, I haven't played oblivion in quite some time either. I can't find the time between COD4, GTA4 and normal life!

S

sabre3993

soul gems are easy once u know what your doing, as i can recall (i haven't played the game in 4ever) u find an empty soul gem, also make sure u have the soul trap spell, cast the spell on whatever u want to trap, and finish it off. [but i think u can't trap humans unless its a black soul gem or something like that...] :]

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Angel;179553 said:
If you don't want to join the mages guild you can go to the Arcane University and if you can sneak past Bothiel. Raminus, Irlav and Hannibal, there are some rather tasty grand soul gems in locked display cases in the lobby, council chambers and Traven's study.

Thanks Angel! I found like 3 now... Looking for the others.

Dr KillJoy

Dark Paladin
Reaction score

I found this awsome trick the other day when you duplicate a ring with an effect that increases your skills put the ring on and then drop it and the rings effect will be added to your skill points but the ring wont be usable after the enhancment is added to your skills but I think it can only happen if you have Shivering Isles