• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Obsidian Interested in a new Chrono Trigger

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Obsidian Interested in a new Chrono Trigger

--------------------------
chrono.png

--------------------------

In an interview with website Siliconera, Obsidian's CEO Feargus Urquhart said that other than Dungeon Siege III (Obsidian's newest project) the one Square Enix project he would like to work on is Chrono Trigger. "I think it would be fun to take the setting of a Japanese RPG, which is a weird mix of fantasy and sci-fi mashed together and make a Western RPG out of that," Urquhart said. "I think that would be cool. I mean it's kind of Star Wars, that's kind of what Star Wars is a fantasy in space. I think that would be interesting."

When asked what direction the sequel would go in, Obsidian's lead designer Nathan Chapman said, "[Chrono Trigger] has elements of a Western RPG. It's more open, it's still mostly linear, but there are parts you can explore more. There are lots of differences, like you can beat Lavos at different parts of the game and you get different endings based on that. There are obvious answers like dialogue trees and all of that good stuff. The seeds are there for that kind of development."

Rathit

The Hero of who knows what
Reaction score
Re: Obsidian Interested in a new Chrono Trigger

HOLY **** I LOVE CHRONO TRIGGER! THE ONLY GAME THAT HAS A POWER GLOVE IN IT!!!!

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

duuuuude. sweeeet.

rep to you gikoku, chrono trigger and chrono cross (mostly the former) were great games. i'd love to see another addition.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

Yes, well, I doubt it will happen. Unless they make a Chrono Trigger HD for a home console, I don't think there is much that can be done to it.