• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ok New Question, About powers added to weapons?

Havik

To End All
Premium
Reaction score
Ok New Question, About powers added to weapons?

Is it possible to make a weapon hit something then like a spell is used? (example) Lord of the rings. The start of the first movie the evil guy suron or whatever his name is had a mace that when he hit, 50 people went flying(lol i didnt count just came up with a number) Any ways. I had an idea, If you can add lets say like force push to a weapon so when the person gets hit they and people around also get pushed back? but only make it so the person that got hit or people hit with the sword the force push thing happens then?
Any idea? I have seen mods on weapons where they get hit with a fireball or something? Or a gravity weapon or something i cant remember where.. But is there a way?

jwc2200

Reaction score
Re: Ok New Question, About powers added to weapons?

I don't know about your question, but now I see how I got confused about your weapon post earlier. You used "Ok" in the title and I thought you meant Old Kingdom weapon. That's why I asked you if you meant Nostro's sword.

Havik

To End All
Premium
Reaction score

Oh i see on the old kingdom thing. But.. No luck then? Lol.... Im sorry i screwed up my iron longsword trying to figure this thing out.. :( I just want it so when i hit something that i want force push to happen as the effect..

I was looking at youtube to try and explain what im talking about, and all i found is this... for now. But i will edit or repost another video whenever i find one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTvFvaR319s

and this one is the closest i can come up with. But i noticed it doesnt actually send them flying..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLshYehb6oE

Havik

To End All
Premium
Reaction score

Hi, i was wondering if there was an update with anyone working or know how to do this? For i havent really got any feedback yet.. So im still wondering

btw
Im not sure if thats consider double posting or not but just to make sure i did read the rules and dont believe i was breaking them. If i am then i wont do it ever again.

"Double-posting" is a no-no. Please wait an appropriate amount of time before replying to your own topic. As well as posting in order to just raise post count and adding nothing to the threads. There are unwritten exceptions to this rule, however.
However I did let many hours go before i posted again. And im not posting inorder to raise my post count, I could care less what it is. And i am adding something to the threads.
lol sorry i just wanted everyone to be clear i didnt think i was breaking any rules.

OldBoy

Reaction score

Havik;329603 said:
Is it possible to make a weapon hit something then like a spell is used? (example) Lord of the rings. The start of the first movie the evil guy suron or whatever his name is had a mace that when he hit, 50 people went flying(lol i didnt count just came up with a number) Any ways. I had an idea, If you can add lets say like force push to a weapon so when the person gets hit they and people around also get pushed back? but only make it so the person that got hit or people hit with the sword the force push thing happens then?
Any idea? I have seen mods on weapons where they get hit with a fireball or something? Or a gravity weapon or something i cant remember where.. But is there a way?

Not possible. But you can add the effects of a spell (lightning/fire etc.).

And it's still considered double posting. So just edit your previous post unless you have something worth double posting for.

Havik

To End All
Premium
Reaction score

Ok well it was worth a try. Lol after countless hours of messing with weapons and making fable crash i learned something you cant do.

And im sorry for the double post, I just thought it wasnt excatly double posting. But ok, i will not post twice in a row.
Thanks again :)

wulfric

Professional bigot-slayer and redneck-eradicator
Reaction score

i'll probobly never be able to help u wit this (the self acclaimed NOOB) but couldn't you add an explosion effect to the weapon to make the throw back effect?

Arladerus

Unknown Paladin
Reaction score

Wouldn't that also explode yourself?

wulfric

Reaction score

maybe, but i think theres a way to make yourself immune to explosions? i think its in the fable modding forums somewhere! (correct me if im wrong people ;) )

jwc2200

Reaction score

wulfric;330175 said:
maybe, but i think theres a way to make yourself immune to explosions? i think its in the fable modding forums somewhere! (correct me if im wrong people ;) )

You can make it so that you are not knocked down by explosions, but it still pushes you some and probably would affect combat multiplier.

Havik

To End All
Premium
Reaction score

Wait a min, So it can be done?
Oh heck i wouldnt care if it hurt me, Lol as long as it works im a freaking happy camper!

wulfric

Reaction score

yeh but if you kept your physical shield on and then made yourself immune to explosions then it might be possible to make your enemies fly back from the explosion and you not be affected (eccept maybe a little less mana :) )

Havik

To End All
Premium
Reaction score

well i tried messing with it.. I added explosion effect to cspecialeffectsdef .. but nothing.. Idk if im even doing any thing right lol. But hey... I tried everything.. Force push thingy.. i mean i tried alot..

wulfric

Reaction score

PM one of the modding gurus they'll probobly know what to do!

Havik

To End All
Premium
Reaction score

Lol i got one from one and they said not to pm them, I sent another and yeah.. Lol im having some issues with it

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Don't worry, JohnDoe. He sent me a load too.

I don't mind PM's about modding but I really do not appreciate them when you could just look at a tutorial and find it all out for yourself, instead of me spoon feeding you the solution.

I don't have any spoons.

Havik

To End All
Premium
Reaction score

Well im sorry, I didnt think pms would bother any one. John, Droded told me to pm you about it. Honestly i just looked darkenensoul and i didnt see any replys you made. So i fail to see how i sent you "Loads" But anyways thanks, I will try it out right now, And really i searched on how to do it. I searched stuff on weapon powers, Powers, Adding power, Adding spells. And nothing came up that actually helped. I didnt see any Tutorial on doing it. So if you say theres a tutorial on doing this, Please i would love to know. Because clearly i didnt see one or i wouldnt of asked!