• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

One of my childhood friends died yesterday.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
One of my childhood friends died yesterday.

I've not met him since high school and I doubt I would've remembered him at all if I hadn't gotten the news of his death. Turns out he moved away to another city with his girlfriend. His girlfriend left their apartment, as usual, and he stayed behind since he didn't need to go away until later. When she came home that afternoon he was just laying there, dead. They suspect a heart attack, but they don't know yet.

We weren't even close friends. More like acquaintances. But I feel incredibly disturbed by his death. Maybe it's because I feel uncertain as to where my grown-up life will take me, and this has shown me how uncertain it can truly be....

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Re: One of my childhood friends died yesterday.

Sorry man :(. Just goes to show that we're all insignificant ants who live and die by the whims of the universe.

Chillez

Premium
Reaction score

Thats terrible my thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family. :(

R.I.P.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

How terrible. It's always unsettling when someone so young passes away.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

sorry to hear it, Tsuyu. it's times like these you realize just how mortal you really are... something you don't really face when you're a teenager.
rude awakening to say the least, sorry for your loss.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Awful news, Tsuyu. Let's just hope you're a bit luckier, because ProjectEgo needs ya'. ;)

The Rh Factor

Likes shiny objects
Reaction score

Geez, that's awful!!... And I know exactly what you mean. A few people I knew back in school have since passed away and it always throws me completely through a loop, even though it's never been anyone I was close with. It's the kind of thing that makes you realize that you -- and everyone you care about -- could really die AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT. That's some scary stuff right there. On the bright side, I think it's made me appreciate my life and the people in it more and taught me not to take anything for granted. I'm really sorry this happened to you, and hope you can at least find some kind of positive life lesson in this awful situation.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Awww, how awful Tsuyu. When I was little the same thing happened to my brother. He was down in the dumps for QUITE a while...:( I hope you feel better. I give you tons of hugs! *HUG!!!*

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;431790 said:
I've not met him since high school and I doubt I would've remembered him at all if I hadn't gotten the news of his death. Turns out he moved away to another city with his girlfriend. His girlfriend left their apartment, as usual, and he stayed behind since he didn't need to go away until later. When she came home that afternoon he was just laying there, dead. They suspect a heart attack, but they don't know yet.

We weren't even close friends. More like acquaintances. But I feel incredibly disturbed by his death. Maybe it's because I feel uncertain as to where my grown-up life will take me, and this has shown me how uncertain it can truly be....

1st, my condolences, my friend's best friend (Before she moved) just died Monday, and I ended up holding her for at least twenty minutes. And a while back a buddy of mine killed himself, and I was the first to find him, so I do have some experience in loss, and I understand how hard it must be for you, even with all that time separating you. I am so sorry.

You feel uncertain of your adult life? How so? As I grow towards adulthood I can feel the certain comfort slipping away myself, but I have a plan, and a plan B, you just need to grab your pen and try to push on, life is so short, you shouldn't worry about where it will end up, just worry about establishing it.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I can relate to what you're feeling to some degree. During the past three years, five people from my school have died (one had cancer, one was murdered by his dad, one got hit by a car, one killed herself, and one got drunk and crashed his dirt bike). I didn't know any of them, so I didn't have to deal with any kind of personal loss, but it really takes that "nothing can ever happen to me" kind of feeling out of you.

I'm sorry for you, for him, and for those close to him.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

Sorry to hear it, Tsuyu. I haven't lost anyone I know due to (natural) death for a year, or so. But I know the feeling. It sucks.

R.I.P.

Azer249

Reaction score

Sorry to here it man R.I.P

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

My condolences.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Makes you start questioning your own mortality when someone you know around your own age dies like this. Happened to me also and made me change my lifestyle a little from how it was when i was younger.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

^Yeah, I remember when a friend of mine died of cancer. We were both 15. It was horrifying how much it hit home. I didn't know her that well, but she was a lovely girl.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Sad to hear, Tsuyu. Had a few scares myself lately with my Grandfather being sent to the hospital and having heart problems.

Dark Drakan;431840 said:
Makes you start questioning your own mortality when someone you know around your own age dies like this. Happened to me also and made me change my lifestyle a little from how it was when i was younger.

Mm, I remember you telling me you don't drink as much as you used to... though I still believe you consume more alcohol than a normal human should.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Gikoku Harakami;431870 said:
Mm, I remember you telling me you don't drink as much as you used to... though I still believe you consume more alcohol than a normal human should.

Only on one night a week usually and if this house goes through i wont be able to afford to drink very often. :lol:

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Helium.

He died because he was addicted to and abused helium, apparently.

I just don't know what to say...

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

You have now given me a new curiosity and fear for helium.

He must have inhaled an enormous amount for it to have such a drastic effect, right?

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score

droded;432118 said:
You have now given me a new curiosity and fear for helium.

He must have inhaled an enormous amount for it to have such a drastic effect, right?

Or just breathe helium instead of oxygen, for too long. As long as you inhale helium, you don't breather oxygen, which is bad for your health, obviously =|.