• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Personal Opinions on Fable III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saelor

Tatted Bitch
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am new here...obviously. And just bought Fable III. Have beaten first and second and barely played three so far because I don't have time. But I would love to hear everyone's opinions and thoughts on the game :)

Thanks.

Jamie S. Rain

Wooflea Bird
Reaction score
It's an ugly child, but since its mine, I decide to love it unconditionally. LOL

Yeah, great plot, I can definately see the direction they were trying to go.
But they released way too early, it feels like the DLC was originally ingame content
but stipped away from the game. It's kind of dissapointing.. the bugs are immense, and
not so much to those who are lucky enough not go get them.

A very great game, but dragged down a lot from the bugs and lack of content in all areas.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Compared to past Fables... much better.

Put it this way: In all the other Fables you might have thought '' this is good, but could be better''. Well, that is like Fable III.

In MY opinion, it is a great game. I love Fable for what it is, I am not a fanboy, and I do not think it sucks. It is a game, and I play it for entertainment. There are things I hate about it... such as some cheesy voice acting... times when they try to be 'to' funny.

However, the map, the new pause 'menu', the clothing, they're all nice. However it seems... dumbed down.

There also seems to be an opportunity to be a tatted bitch in the game itself. As a matter of fact... here I go!

Saelor

Tatted Bitch
Reaction score
Compared to past Fables... much better.

Put it this way: In all the other Fables you might have thought '' this is good, but could be better''. Well, that is like Fable III.

In MY opinion, it is a great game. I love Fable for what it is, I am not a fanboy, and I do not think it sucks. It is a game, and I play it for entertainment. There are things I hate about it... such as some cheesy voice acting... times when they try to be 'to' funny.

However, the map, the new pause 'menu', the clothing, they're all nice. However it seems... dumbed down.

I don't like the new thing where when you press start it goes to the secret place or whatever. I get really irritated. I pause my game often and I like just being able to press one damn button.

Saelor

Tatted Bitch
Reaction score
It's an ugly child, but since its mine, I decide to love it unconditionally. LOL

Yeah, great plot, I can definately see the direction they were trying to go.
But they released way too early, it feels like the DLC was originally ingame content
but stipped away from the game. It's kind of dissapointing.. the bugs are immense, and
not so much to those who are lucky enough not go get them.

A very great game, but dragged down a lot from the bugs and lack of content in all areas.

Lol what the hell about the ugly child..but what bugs are you talking about exactly?

Jamie S. Rain

Wooflea Bird
Reaction score
Lol what the hell about the ugly child..but what bugs are you talking about exactly?

I was talking about the game!!! Theres so many I don't really feel like getting into it, but its so bad that
I had to make new heros because it stunted story progress, or the visual side of my hero. (flourish glow, tattoo, runes, ect.)

Like on my maxed out hero's, their wings don't show anymore.

Saelor

Tatted Bitch
Reaction score
I was talking about the game!!! Theres so many I don't really feel like getting into it, but its so bad that
I had to make new heros because it stunted story progress, or the visual side of my hero. (flourish glow, tattoo, runes, ect.)

Like on my maxed out hero's, their wings don't show anymore.

I knew that haha it was just funny and I was thinking "what the hell" when I read it haha. So the bugs had to d o with the appearance of you character in relation to your progress?

Jamie S. Rain

Wooflea Bird
Reaction score
I knew that haha it was just funny and I was thinking "what the hell" when I read it haha. So the bugs had to d o with the appearance of you character in relation to your progress?

LOL!

And yeah, it does. And at the moment, the job postings are gone, and my blacksmiths 'counter' is missing so it
looks like it has random floating hammers in the middle of the room. I'm guessing that has to do with textures not loading
properly, HOWEVER, I can walk through it. So many the entire thing wasn't even loaded. D:

tjbyrum1

Reaction score
Oh yeah, and the Slow-Motion is a REAL drag. I mean, it IS cool seeing an enemy die slow-motion, but is it worth getting hacked to pieces during it? Seriously, when it uses Slow-Motion on a Hollow Men all his little buddies are just hacking you to death. I counter this bye pressing X to draw my Sword, and then holding it down to block until the Slow-Motion has wore off.

Combat seems * a lot * smoother. Sword fighting is a bit the same... but something's different. Firing guns looks cooler to me as well.

And believe it or not, I have never equipped a Hammer before. Nor have I used magic enough to even know what Spell-Weaving means. I hate Magic... bleh.

I also find it strange how Legendary Weapons are stronger than your Hero Weapons. Shouldn't the Hero ones be stronger? Oh well... I tend to use the Chickenbane over my Colt 45, and I use Gusket's Musket over my 12 Gauge.

It is a shame I cannot revert my Hero Weapons back to their original appearance.

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score
Fable III is no longer fable in my opinion. Time is progressing way to fast in the series. I want the old medieval theme back. Things are way too modern now. I do like the economical features of Fable III and the Touch system, but that was about it. Shops only hold 4 things now? The sanctuary is a cool idea, but I would've rather had a 2D menu system. The map is eye candy. It looks great, but its horrible if your trying to pinpoint a location. Its only good for the economical features. And what is with ONLY being able to use Hammers and Swords? That is complete BS lol.

In all seriousness though, I respect Lionhead for trying new things, but it just seems like each time he makes a new game, it just feels less like Fable.

tjbyrum1

Reaction score
Fable III is no longer fable in my opinion. Time is progressing way to fast in the series. I want the old medieval theme back. Things are way too modern now. I do like the economical features of Fable III and the Touch system, but that was about it. Shops only hold 4 things now? The sanctuary is a cool idea, but I would've rather had a 2D menu system. The map is eye candy. It looks great, but its horrible if your trying to pinpoint a location. Its only good for the economical features. And what is with ONLY being able to use Hammers and Swords? That is complete BS lol.

In all seriousness though, I respect Lionhead for trying new things, but it just seems like each time he makes a new game, it just feels less like Fable.

Laugh out loud, well then. It seems what I fail to say you pick up on. I agree 100% with this.

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score
"I'm Peter Molyneux and I'm going to change everything good about Fable and replace it with something mediocre."

I wish he would look around at forums. He would learn a thing or two.

underthestarrysky

Lionheart.
Reaction score
The one thing I really disliked was that there was no childhood sequence in the game. I think it really took away from the attachment from the get go. On my first play through, I killed Elliot because I had no idea who he was but apparently he was supposed to have been my childhood sweetheart (no idea why he of all people would be though - I mean c'mon, he has a dreadful Mary Sue personality and even slept with Linda the orphanage owner - ew).
If there had been a childhood sequence, I think it would have shed light on how Logan used to be and how he changed. I understand that perhaps Lionhead decided to ditch the childhood stuff because fans may have thought it to be too fable 2-ish, but I think with this particular storyline it needed to be done so that people would become more involved with the storyline instead of just being thrust into a random part of it.

Other than that, I thought it to be a very fun game. :)

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
On my first play through, I killed Elliot because I had no idea who he was but apparently he was supposed to have been my childhood sweetheart (no idea why he of all people would be though - I mean c'mon, he has a dreadful Mary Sue personality and even slept with Linda the orphanage owner - ew).

I never saw Elliot as a Mary Sue. You kidding me? Not really the definition of a Mary Sue considering you'd have to be canonically flawless and all powerful and all that gunk. He barely had any screentime in comparison to the others for that matter and you can off him if you wanted to.

They really should've had a childhood sequence though. You can't really care for the guy if the player only knew him for a few scenes.

underthestarrysky

Lionheart.
Reaction score
I never saw Elliot as a Mary Sue. You kidding me? Not really the definition of a Mary Sue considering you'd have to be canonically flawless and all powerful and all that gunk. He barely had any screentime in comparison to the others for that matter and you can off him if you wanted to.

Whoops! I suppose you're right. I used Mary Sue wrong there.
What I meant was that he seemed fake...like too nice. Perfect in a way.

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
Whoops! I suppose you're right. I used Mary Sue wrong there.
What I meant was that he seemed fake...like too nice. Perfect in a way.

Lol, it's all good.

Actually, he's a bit of a wimp. A good hearted wimp, but a wimp nevertheless. There's a rather funny story he said in-game about how he met the Hero by trying to defend her honor only to fail horribly by getting clocked in the face by the guy. She gave him her handkerchief for the bloody lip and they were together ever since. Made me lol so bad. XD

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Fable III? Awesome. Certain elements? Not so much... And yeah, I hated Elliot, too, but I explained that elsewhere. I do agree, though, that they should have put in a childhood part. Those were in the previous games some of the coolest things. You actually get to see how the kid grows up, and then is thrown into a big adventure. The impact seems heavier since you're still a kid that has to develop it's power, but also still has to grow up. If one had sworn revenge to someone from the moment they were still young, it's buried much deeper into their heart, and the emotional tour will be greater. In Fable III you're already mature, and all of a sudden start a revolution. You just got to use fireball, and you already have to promise a whole big deal to some guy in the mountains. It was way too quick. At that point. I had forgotten all about Elliot as well. If they had a childhood part, where you got to learn the world, including Elliot, maybe he had taken a deeper spot in my heart. Maybe even the Fable II file would have more impact, then, with your parent still being around... That would be cool, I think.

kl241

Fable Farmer
Reaction score
I'm very new to the whole fable genre.
My impressions, when playing the fable 3, gave me a certain excitement, that you would normally get when at christmas. The glowing stars tracks, that helped, with the direction of your objectives, was great. Because with other rpgs like dragon age you know your quest, however you would get lost in the open maps quite easily. So i really like the user friend atmosphere.
After completing the game once, and continuing with the side quest, i felt like the game had given up on me; as in there was a lack of interaction, that you would normally get in story game play. This is also the case when trying the level up your weapons, the evil creatures just couldn't be bothered to appear and attack you.
Now i am currently starting a new hero; in doing this the game feels, like it has been rushed, and not much thought has been put towards the general story, and what happens in the end, regarding game play.
From what i understand about the previous fables, it was set in the medieval times. I personally like the modern twist time frame, and cant wait, if they decide to host the next fable 4 in Victorian times.
One thing that annoys the hell out of me, is my dog. When i am trying to level weapons for people, the dog will take the kill from me, if i don't manage to disable the enemy with one hit. I wish i could leave it in the sanctum.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
I'm very new to the whole fable genre.
My impressions, when playing the fable 3, gave me a certain excitement, that you would normally get when at christmas. The glowing stars tracks, that helped, with the direction of your objectives, was great. Because with other rpgs like dragon age you know your quest, however you would get lost in the open maps quite easily. So i really like the user friend atmosphere.
After completing the game once, and continuing with the side quest, i felt like the game had given up on me; as in there was a lack of interaction, that you would normally get in story game play. This is also the case when trying the level up your weapons, the evil creatures just couldn't be bothered to appear and attack you.
Now i am currently starting a new hero; in doing this the game feels, like it has been rushed, and not much thought has been put towards the general story, and what happens in the end, regarding game play.
From what i understand about the previous fables, it was set in the medieval times. I personally like the modern twist time frame, and cant wait, if they decide to host the next fable 4 in Victorian times.
One thing that annoys the hell out of me, is my dog. When i am trying to level weapons for people, the dog will take the kill from me, if i don't manage to disable the enemy with one hit. I wish i could leave it in the sanctum.
You probably leveled your dog too much, with the dog books...? I didn't do anything with him, so he can't do sh*t, except finding useless treasures.

Status
Not open for further replies.