• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Peter Confirmed there will be Consequences for Cheating

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Peter Confirmed there will be Consequences for Cheating

OK now I've heard directly from Peter's mouth on there being a consequence.

"Fable is all about looking at what you're like as a player and cheating is a reflection of what you're like as a person."

"Fascinatingly I've spoken people who found out about the cheat and decided not to cheat because they're worried about the consequences. Maybe they're wise people but I won't say anything more about that"

"Don't expect there not to be consequences after all lets remind ourselves that Fable says for every choice a consequence and cheating is a choice"

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg...spot-au-presents-crosshairs-september-25-2008 27 minute mark

Twilight

Reaction score
Re: Peter Confirmed there will be Consequences for Cheating

Maybe if your found carrying Tainted gold they consider All gold you carry tainted. This could a deadly consequence if you are carrying allot of gold.

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

seet but i'm sure i've seen this topic before

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

This is the first time I've seen it coming straight from his mouth or even directly quoted. Every other time is was someone saying that Peter said it but not quoting him directly

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

okay fair enough, well i'm glad i didn't cheat :D

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

I'm glad that you posted that. There's been a lot of confusion, over that. :p

J

jaconcox

yea but if he made the exploit on purpose why did they just fix it i mean now that we know about it he fixes it? kind of seems like he might be just saying that to cover up something they missed :-?

T

Templar

He could just be pulling our chains about consequences...he could jsut say that so people stop getting 1.5 million before the game starts yes you can make money but that much is crazy...also isn't taking jobs 1/3 of the money making in that game?

J

jaconcox

yea that was wat i was trying to say in the post above

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Interesting... +rep!

G

Goretex

jaconcox;207136 said:
yea but if he made the exploit on purpose why did they just fix it i mean now that we know about it he fixes it? kind of seems like he might be just saying that to cover up something they missed :-?

The exploit was not put there on purpose and PM doesn't have to cover anything up that they missed because Lionhead didn't make the game to begin with.

T

Templar

Realy it just seems he wanted people to stop hoarding money...

Caboose

Immortal Warrior
Reaction score

Yeah i think PM got nervous that people would ruin their own games by "aquiring" too much gold in the pub games so he put out some bogus story about it.

There is no way he could track who cheated and who didn't i reckon.

G

GodSlam

To those that think you can't be tracked: You downloaded the game from LIVE meaning that you're connected to it, therefore they can track who you are and give a consequence or it could just be in the game save for the pub games. As the what would happen, I'd bet that you'll be more evil than usual, since cheating would be a sin.

Just my thoughts, comment on what you'd like.

Danke~

T

Templar

GodSlam;207453 said:
To those that think you can't be tracked: You downloaded the game from LIVE meaning that you're connected to it, therefore they can track who you are and give a consequence or it could just be in the game save for the pub games. As the what would happen, I'd bet that you'll be more evil than usual, since cheating would be a sin.

Just my thoughts, comment on what you'd like.

Danke~

They wouldn't screw everyone for cheating probably just people with ALOT of gold because I cheated after I was in debt and had all the items all the way down to 0 gold and 0 dept...So i cheated so I can start the game like PM ment it to be played...and all the items thrown in the game... so if im screwed over for any reason i will get annoyed because I didn't do anything wrong!

G

GodSlam

Templar;207509 said:
They wouldn't screw everyone for cheating probably just people with ALOT of gold because I cheated after I was in debt and had all the items all the way down to 0 gold and 0 dept...So i cheated so I can start the game like PM ment it to be played...and all the items thrown in the game... so if im screwed over for any reason i will get annoyed because I didn't do anything wrong!

You cheated and you made the choice to cheat. For every choice there is a consequence, no matter if you profited from your evil choice or not. I'm sure that there won't be any sparing of the weak. A cheater is a cheater.

Danke~

T

Templar

GodSlam;207554 said:
You cheat and you made the choice to cheat. For every choice there is a consequence, no matter if you profited from your evil choice or not. I'm sure that there won't be any sparing of the weak. A cheater is a cheater.

Danke~

You're mocking me arent you...
One my brain is taking that offensive
Two how is that profiting my evil choice?
Yep I find this offensive you call me evil and weak...seriously I aint the weak one here...

G

GodSlam

Templar;207555 said:
You're mocking me arent you...
One my brain is taking that offensive
Two how is that profiting my evil choice?
Yep I find this offensive you call me evil and weak...seriously I aint the weak one here...

It wasn't meant to offend, but if it does, I'm sorry. As for profiting, you don't need a profit to have done something bad. If I actually owned the game, I wouldn't have cheated at first, but I would have once I learned that there was a consequence for it. So if I'm insulting you in any way, then I guess I might be insulting myself.

Danke~

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

OK, some cheated, but we can turn the evil around by donating, and various other things in the game. The Pub games aren't the only thing in the game to be held accountable for. It may take a little while for the npc's talk to change.:unsure:
You could turn things around in TLC.
That could be such a small part, to this game with all the hours of play.:)

G

GodSlam

I wasn't saying that it couldn't be changed. I'm just speculating that there's a chance you'll start out a little evil in "Fable 2" if you've cheated in the pug games. I don't think it'll be bad and they might do something different for those who cheated. I obviously have no clue, just like everyone else here. So let's just wait and see what happens.

Danke~