• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Portal 2 map editor on way

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
unledzgn.jpg

Valve have revealed the next update for the ever popular Portal 2 will include an easy-to-use in-game map editor that will let users design, build and share their own single-player and co-op test chambers with the community. Other players will be able to download, play and rate for creations all via a simple in-game system much like Bungie did with Forge in Halo.

They havent mentioned which platforms it will come to as of yet but its expected to be released early next year.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
This makes me a happy human.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Update to this bit of news with 2 new screens of the editor, the tools look quite awesome if you ask me.

Portal 2 Team said:
The simplified puzzle creator will let players easily carve out their creations in a straightforward but powerful way. They'll then be able to immediately upload those levels to their Steam Cloud and share them with other players online. We're also building a community site to host all of these player-created puzzles. The site will allow players to quickly find new puzzles and add them to their game, ready to play, with a single click. Players will then be able to rate the puzzles they've played, leave comments for puzzle creators, and follow creators they like.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
You mean I won't have to have intimate knowledge of the game design process now?! O_O

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
**** that looks groovy as ****.