• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

POTC ARMARDA OF THE DAMNED

Reaction score
POTC ARMARDA OF THE DAMNED

One day not that long ago i was surfing the web and i happened to come across a game from Disney (please don’t shoot me down hear me out first.) The title of the game is Pirates of the Caribbean armada of the damned. As i watched the trailer i was thinking to myself hey this looks sort of like fable as in certain key moments decide your alignment (legendary and dreaded) combat looks familiar and the look of the game looks like a fable game. As fable is still some 70 odd days away and this is out late august early September i thought it would be a good game just to ease the wait for that epic game that is fable 3 watch the video and tell me what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3s6AOW8dh0

the game isn’t as polished or as good looking as fable 3 but it has elements that i may like to see in future fable games such as building and controlling your own ship

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
Re: POTC ARMARDA OF THE DAMNED

You know, this game actually looks pretty cool. Despite that it's Disney I think I may just check this game out. Then again, Disney did give us Kingdom Hearts so... with that in mind this should be worth a try at least.

+rep cuz it's cool.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I'd have to agree, that that looks really awesome. I liked the part with the Anchor as the weapon Hope that's incooporated. I wanna see some gameplay aspects. That looked more like cutscene. Still looks awesome! +rep! can't wait to try it!

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Damn, I didn't expect it to be that cool looking. I'll check it out when it's released.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score

§ephiroxa§;417617 said:
I'd have to agree, that that looks really awesome. I liked the part with the Anchor as the weapon Hope that's incooporated. I wanna see some gameplay aspects. That looked more like cutscene. Still looks awesome! +rep! can't wait to try it!

Actually that's core game play, its deffo gonna be in. You can be supernatural(you'll have superpowers like davvy jones, and an anchor) or heroic (sword, swashbuckler)

Supernatural will be lumbering hulks, and heroic will be graceful sword masters, neither of these affect your morality though.

You can be a evil heroic pirate, or a good supernatural pirate, or vice versa.

It's looking to be a brilliant game, I'm really looking forward to it.

xzxzxz70

The kitty is watching...
Reaction score

The wiki says this game is going to be coming out in early 2011, so I don't think we will get a chance to play it before Fable 3 hits the stores.

Reaction score

xzxzxz70;417771 said:
The wiki says this game is going to be coming out in early 2011, so I don't think we will get a chance to play it before Fable 3 hits the stores.

yeah but its wiki i would be looking into some other sites and mags before making that conclusion

xzxzxz70

The kitty is watching...
Reaction score

Syth the old one;417817 said:
yeah but its wiki i would be looking into some other sites and mags before making that conclusion
I did, I read some reviews and articles about the game and all of the information we have on the game right now is very sketchy, so I don't see this game coming out in 2010.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

They said it was delayed until 2011. At E3, I believe.

Reaction score

oh well if true then more time for the game to get better

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

The trailer says 2011...

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

This does look pretty cool, good find. :)

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

I never did like pirates except for Cervantes in Soul Calibur. Still, this looks interesting.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

I think I played the last Pirates game for xbox 360, I forget what it was...

Reaction score

Information on this game has been scetchy at best but GAME has been advertizing a 3rd of septmber release(Australia) and because it is a smaller development game they havnt had the budget to do major advertizing. What i have seen on youtube and corisponding sites that seem to have simular information the game looks all but done.

They have several gameplay trailers up a pollished and set trailer anda basic cover art. i would really like to play this game this year but another part of me wants them to push it to a march realease of 2011 A because i think that it will give the development team to pollish the game and get rid of bugs.

B my wallet is really taking a bashing between everyday needs and costs and the amount of games coming out one less game isnt always a bad thing.
Although one reason that dysney and there dev team might be pushing for a 2010 release is they dont want it over shadowed by fable 3 as they are verry simular in there concept design and this game is looking to be a bit of a skin compared to what fable 3 is amounting to.

One other thing to take into consideration The developmet team behind the game are the same people who made the Turock game for the 360 they only have a small profile and i think they have only ever done 2 maybe 3 other games apart from Turock so POTC may be out 3rd of septmber

Cain

Reaction score

^Fable is being released in 2010 as well.

Citizen Erased

Sound Awake
Reaction score

This is going to be an epic game. When I saw it at E3 this is the pirates game I've been waiting for.

Reaction score

i never said it wasnt
i was mearly saying that they may be pushing for a 2010 release before fable so they can get some sales and there also trying to get in before to 30 odd games come out