• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PS3 20% Price Cut In Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flamingsquirrel

Re: PS3 20% Price Cut In Japan

so if they were to ONLY sell consles, and not make money off of anything else, then they would be losing money

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

flamingsquirrel;25039 said:
so if they were to ONLY sell consles, and not make money off of anything else, then they would be losing money

Yeah until they had sold enough consoles to overtake what they paid to make them.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Keep in mind though - the PS3 games production costs would be just as any other game; a disc, a manual and a package to put it all in. I bet there is a huge profit right there, since each new console the games gets more expensive.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;25052 said:
Keep in mind though - the PS3 games production costs would be just as any other game; a disc, a manual and a package to put it all in. I bet there is a huge profit right there, since each new console the games gets more expensive.

Got to remember though they are using Blu Ray discs that are more expensive than normal CDs.

F

flamingsquirrel

Plus the cost of paying the developers etc. once you pay off what it cost to MAKE the game, then they start paying off the consles THEN you make a profit...I'm starting to see why microsoft charges for xbox live

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

flamingsquirrel;25102 said:
Plus the cost of paying the developers etc. once you pay off what it cost to MAKE the game, then they start paying off the consles THEN you make a profit...I'm starting to see why microsoft charges for xbox live

Yes, you're right. But I think the development cost of a game is by far less than for the entire console - so they must be thiking they'll make up for the slim profit for the console by selling alot of games in the start.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

flamingsquirrel;25102 said:

Xbox live is cheap as hell for the service it offers and is by FAR the best ever console internet service!

F

flamingsquirrel

yes but you forget I'm cheap! $50 would drain more than half of money! thats why you just but a ton of 2 month free trails on ebay for like $2 each.

Plus making games is not cheap, probably 10 to 11 thousand PER PERSON making it (depending on the specific job they have) so it isn't like super cheap, but they do make a huge profit from each game they sell over the raw matirails

Status
Not open for further replies.