• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PS3 Fever

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FableFreak

PS3 Fever

So I'm going to my local Best Buy as I normally do when there is a new game release. I park and get out (this is at night) and I see at least 7 tents with 2-3 people per tent camping out in front of the store. I ask one guy and he says "I'm waiting for the PS3 to release." Now honestly, that seems a little strange. To wait in front of a store for however long he has been waiting just for the PS3. This, truthfully, isn't very smart. At least 21 people sleeping in front of a store on an intersection known well for were beggers congregate, those people must have at least several thousand dollars just sitting in their tents and wallets. Not to mention that these people are sleeping in tents during the coldest time of the year in my area (it's been raining non-stop almost 2 days) on the hard concrete near a freeway. My main question is are there as many PS3 nuts at your local electronic shops as there are mine? If so have they taken it to the extreme as to camp out in front of the stores?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: PS3 Fever

Well, all our electronic stores are located within shopping centres that don't allow for happy campers - but then whenever something new is released they usually have special opening hours that start at midnight and carry on until two days after...mind you, people round my way would queue for the opening of an envelope...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Plus we dont get the PS3 until March so we will be camping outside for a LONG time yet if we started now.

H

Hexadecimal

ok, I know this is hardly my neighbourhood, but the pics totally made me laugh...

Midnight PS3 madness in Japan - News at GameSpot

I know that Toronto already has lineups forming which totally worries me. They've estimated that with the thin release of ps3 in north america, your average store will have about 20 or so units to sell...
if half the city camps out for these things and doesn't get one, they're going to have a riot on their hands...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;30351 said:
ok, I know this is hardly my neighbourhood, but the pics totally made me laugh...

Midnight PS3 madness in Japan - News at GameSpot

I know that Toronto already has lineups forming which totally worries me. They've estimated that with the thin release of ps3 in north america, your average store will have about 20 or so units to sell...
if half the city camps out for these things and doesn't get one, they're going to have a riot on their hands...

Yeah and wonder if Sony will get the media pasting that microsoft got for not meeting demand.... i doubt it :getlost:

Microsoft didnt miss out EUROPE! Stupid Sony...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

fablefreak1;30360 said:
You might like this Andy...

rULeR Of thE UniverSe.

Just click the link and then click "Tired of Sony's Bullsh*t"

Ive never been a clear cut between the 2 Sony or Microsoft fan ive always liked both but i just hate how people really ripped into Microsoft for their mistakes and Sony have made the same ones but ten times worse and the media have not gave them the slaughtering that they gave Microsoft... :getlost:

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

people can't help it's. It's a goal in most gamer systems to be better than everyone else. That's why people play games sometimes. ("oh yeah, well I got THIS") the whole who's dick is bigger than mine thing...I always deal with when it comes to my room mates. the first person to get the PS3, wherever you are is god to everyone else..(for some stupid reason)
I would NEVER camp out for a systemm...ever....Even though I do want a PS3. Someone told me today that it's not backwardss comaptible. Is that true?

D

DrZoid

fablefreak1;30338 said:
So I'm going to my local Best Buy as I normally do when there is a new game release. I park and get out (this is at night) and I see at least 7 tents with 2-3 people per tent camping out in front of the store. I ask one guy and he says "I'm waiting for the PS3 to release." Now honestly, that seems a little strange. To wait in front of a store for however long he has been waiting just for the PS3. This, truthfully, isn't very smart. At least 21 people sleeping in front of a store on an intersection known well for were beggers congregate, those people must have at least several thousand dollars just sitting in their tents and wallets. Not to mention that these people are sleeping in tents during the coldest time of the year in my area (it's been raining non-stop almost 2 days) on the hard concrete near a freeway. My main question is are there as many PS3 nuts at your local electronic shops as there are mine? If so have they taken it to the extreme as to camp out in front of the stores?

HAHAHA!

hardcore gamers who've slept rough for 3 days with wallets full of cash.

the perfect target. :ninja:

Can you not just pre-order PS3s like you can games?

I've pre-ordered a few games before and they were delivered the day of their release.

H

Hexadecimal

DrZoid;30384 said:
HAHAHA!

hardcore gamers who've slept rough for 3 days with wallets full of cash.

the perfect target. :ninja:

Can you not just pre-order PS3s like you can games?

I've pre-ordered a few games before and they were delivered the day of their release.

some places you can, but they've pretty much all sold out..
others like the publicity of people camped out in front of their stores for days so they haven't allowed presales

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;30368 said:
people can't help it's. It's a goal in most gamer systems to be better than everyone else. That's why people play games sometimes. ("oh yeah, well I got THIS") the whole who's dick is bigger than mine thing...I always deal with when it comes to my room mates. the first person to get the PS3, wherever you are is god to everyone else..(for some stupid reason)
I would NEVER camp out for a systemm...ever....Even though I do want a PS3. Someone told me today that it's not backwardss comaptible. Is that true?

Apparently it is backwards compatable but there are rumours saying it screws up when playing a lot of older games and some are totally incompatible with the system. Not all games, just some of the them.

Thank god I dont have this Sony fever thing, to be honest I kind of hope the PS3 fails miserably.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

weirdkidinabox;30390 said:
Apparently it is backwards compatable but there are rumours saying it screws up when playing a lot of older games and some are totally incompatible with the system. Not all games, just some of the them.

Thank god I dont have this Sony fever thing, to be honest I kind of hope the PS3 fails miserably.

So I would be better off getting a PSslim and waiting to get the PS3 when I'm not so poor.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;30397 said:
So I would be better off getting a PSslim and waiting to get the PS3 when I'm not so poor.

Im sure Sony will reduce the price coming up to xmas and the sales afterwards, though i doubt by much.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

weirdkidinabox;30390 said:

Dark Drakan;30428 said:
Im sure Sony will reduce the price coming up to xmas and the sales afterwards, though i doubt by much.

Has nothing to do with pricing. I just have a lot of old PSone games, and my PS2 is ****ting the bed.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;30429 said:
Has nothing to do with pricing. I just have a lot of old PSone games, and my PS2 is ****ting the bed.

Ahhh i see, maybe a Slimline PS2 is your answer for now then, they are dirt cheap these days so....

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;30430 said:
Ahhh i see, maybe a Slimline PS2 is your answer for now then, they are dirt cheap these days so....

that's why I thought I would be better off with it. It's cheap and it's better than the plain PS2 isn't it? Cause mine is CRAPPY. doesn't play DVD's anymore, someone told me that problem was fixed with the slims.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

fablefreak1;30478 said:
Does this perain to the thread topic at all?

yes yes it does.
Iunno does it matter?
it has to do with
Ps3 and Ps2.

and don't you mean pertain?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;30465 said:
that's why I thought I would be better off with it. It's cheap and it's better than the plain PS2 isn't it? Cause mine is CRAPPY. doesn't play DVD's anymore, someone told me that problem was fixed with the slims.

Yeah mine did the same, though it also took like 3 hours to load games! Damn Disk read errors!

fablefreak1;30478 said:
Does this perain to the thread topic at all?

Well its about the PS2 and PS3 so yeah it does, plus thats for me to decide.

Hexadecimal;30481 said:
this is hilarious... people camping out on the streets of manhattan

GameSpot:Video Games PC Xbox 360 PS3 Wii PSP DS PS2 PlayStation 2 GameCube GBA PlayStation 3

the best part is, they will sell out early and at least half these people waited for nothing...

:lol: suckers!

Status
Not open for further replies.