• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

reasons 2 bring back armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Re: reasons 2 bring back armor

Guns vs Armour. Armour loses.

You must remember, they aren't going to have Combat Helmets and Stab Vests in Fable 3 so referring to modern day armour is kind of pointless.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

GrimWhim;418129 said:
Yes and people believe the world will end in 2012. That's called superstition. Those people are irrational and ignorant.

Barnum? You mean like P.T. Barnum?

Merlin was a story character...

Yes and they soon learned after that it was very, very real when I came walking through town.

firstly, i'm playing devil's advocate, i don't believe in magic. also, that is an INCREDIBLY one sided point of view. be more open minded, or phrase your arguments better, or you will offend someone.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;418135 said:
Guns vs Armour. Armour loses.

You must remember, they aren't going to have Combat Helmets and Stab Vests in Fable 3 so referring to modern day armour is kind of pointless.

I know, but obviously someone doesn't. quote please.

Cain

Reaction score

Arch;418123 said:
Armor can save you from bullets ... You think nobody today uses armor ? What about vests and helmets ?

I really want to see few armors in FableIII ...

the armour in question is chain and plate armour. Its too early anyway.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

joslen1;418136 said:
firstly, i'm playing devil's advocate, i don't believe in magic. also, that is an INCREDIBLY one sided point of view. be more open minded, or phrase your arguments better, or you will offend someone.

What the hell are you even talking about?

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Chicken Suit > Armour

Reaction score

joslen1;417937 said:
Armour was rendered redundant by the emergence of firearms. if you want armour, go back and play TLC, or knothole island. .
Why is it rendered "redundant"? Wouldn't "obsolete" be a better choice of a word?

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

Well if you wanted to have armor then you can tolerate putting up with the slow running that would come from wearing it. To be honest the reason for having no armor is so you have to train to become better instead of relying on your armor to protect you all the time. So there might be a point in having it if you cant be bothered training your character up.

Personally i dislike armor considering most games never really put any good design with it. i mean if you could customize armor and spend experience on it then i'd be fine with it. But what ever happens, happens lets just wait and see what happens.

Mad Money Z

If I was a penguin...
Reaction score

OK since there is magic, why can't there be magically infused armor that would help stop bullets? I know there would be a lot of people who would disagree but THAT DOES make sense right? Magically Infused Armour
Personally i dislike armor considering most games never really put any good design with it. i mean if you could customize armor and spend experience on it then i'd be fine with it. But what ever happens, happens lets just wait and see what happens.

+rep never thought of it like that

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Mad Money Z;418209 said:
OK since there is magic, why can't there be magically infused armor that would help stop bullets? I know there would be a lot of people who would disagree but THAT DOES make sense right? Magically Infused Armour

+rep never thought of it like that

That's true. You can infuse magic into anything or if they wanted to, they could give us augments that would drastically reduce the damage guns do to armor.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

GrimWhim;418242 said:
That's true. You can infuse magic into anything or if they wanted to, they could give us augments that would drastically reduce the damage guns do to armor.

i suppose it could be plausible. anyway it won't be long before we find out

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

BalvarineBosmer;418201 said:
Why is it rendered "redundant"? Wouldn't "obsolete" be a better choice of a word?

i could argue that it would have been better for you to use 'term' instead of 'choice of a word'

GrimWhim

Reaction score

joslen1;418340 said:
i suppose it could be plausible. anyway it won't be long before we find out

Well it's already been confirmed that we will have armors in the game but nothing has been said as to how many, what they look like, etc.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

GrimWhim;418382 said:
Well it's already been confirmed that we will have armors in the game but nothing has been said as to how many, what they look like, etc.

As long as it cuts short of plate armour or full chain mail, maybe stops at cavalry plate, i'll be happy

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

joslen1;418341 said:
i could argue that it would have been better for you to use 'term' instead of 'choice of a word'

Well no actually. 'Choice of a word' would have been a better phrase to use than 'term'.
I agree. I think a sort of half plate-over-uniform would be a more realistic armour to include, if any at all.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

joslen1;418434 said:
As long as it cuts short of plate armour or full chain mail, maybe stops at cavalry plate, i'll be happy

From what I saw, it's full blown armor.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

joslen1;418341 said:
Not really. Using the word "word" means pretty much the same thing as "term" in this context. Your use of the word "redundant" is not the same as "obsolete".

There will probably be only one set of armor, the one that we've seen. I read (or heard, I don't remember) that there are around 20 outfits, so there's not much room to have any more than two sets of it.

But who wants to bet that they'll bring more armor for DLC?

oakfieldher

Reaction score

joslen1;418106 said:
sorry, you obviously misunderstood my use of 'historically accurate'. i meant the commonly known fact, that lionhead have stated, that fable is loosely based on historical events (dark ages/medieval for fable 1, maybe 15th/16th century for fable 2). Also, magic has been abundant throughout world history, it's just that it doesn't work!! so don't give me that 'Don't give me that 'Historically Accurate' crap' crap, alright???
no offenece but there not very accurate fable2 is in piratey times fable 3 50 years after and before you know it there bloody victorian times!!!

Reaction score

Oops, I didn't realize it was such a touchy subject... Just, armor becoming obsolete due to gunpowder is just more straight to the point as opposed to "redundant". Redundant often means in a somewhat repetitive fashion. Putting squeezy-cheese on my macaroni and cheese would be redundant. Mowing my grass would be practical with a push-mower where as a scythe would be obsolete due to the innovative push-mower.

Cain

Reaction score

oakfieldher;418699 said:
joslen1;418106 said:
sorry, you obviously misunderstood my use of 'historically accurate'. i meant the commonly known fact, that lionhead have stated, that fable is loosely based on historical events (dark ages/medieval for fable 1, maybe 15th/16th century for fable 2). Also, magic has been abundant throughout world history, it's just that it doesn't work!! so don't give me that 'Don't give me that 'Historically Accurate' crap' crap, alright???
no offenece but there not very accurate fable2 is in piratey times fable 3 50 years after and before you know it there bloody victorian times!!!

You do realise there are pirates today? Besides its only loosely based on history and its actually more 17th century for fable 2., with the nature of the firearms.

Anyway Pirates beat ninjas because they have outlived them.

Status
Not open for further replies.