• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Red Dot of Death

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
Red Dot of Death

If you're thinking about getting the new Xbox because of the no Red Ring of Death problem, I would cancel your order right now. They were right, you don't get Red Ring of Death, but rather you get the Red Dot of Death which is simple the SAME thing, if not easier to get. Several people have already canceled their orders because of the discovery of this problem. Although it is mainly caused by over heating, and it will shut off automatically and give you a heads up on when you can turn it back on, many gamers question this because of the new fan system built in, if it can over heat so easily even with the new fan system, why buy the product?

Article here on it too.

anain12

Reaction score
Re: Red Dot of Death

Yeah, there's really no reason to. the elite version is also a waste of money.

Rathit

The Hero of who knows what
Reaction score

But the elite is bundled with games and has a bigger hardrive. The 120 GB hardrive in stores would be a good $110. The games both another 60 or 70 bucks. Its a deal. Save $80. Gamers love deals.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

new xbox is lame. elite console is worth it if you have cash to burn. in fact, you can trade them in to the store in the same transaction to get some money off the price if it fancies you :p

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I don't see any reason to buy any other kind of 360 if you've already got the original. They all do the same thing. It's just like the DS. I still have the original, that's all I need.

Azer249

Reaction score

Ill get that new xbox when my old one breaks no point atm wasting money unless its broken your basicly buying the same piece of kit and a fancy new shell.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Its not as if they have came out and said 'Its faulty and will die'. What they answered was 'Can it still get the RROD?' and they said 'No but if it does happen to develop any fault somewhere it will get a Red Dot instead to notify you'.

They can still break, they are technology and they arent invincible but they are MUCH less likely to break than any other model. Still on my Launch console that were the most error prone batch and it died once in 4 years and been fine since. If my console dies again for some reason down the line i shall buy a new model one in a heartbeat.