• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ruthless Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

VicOnTop

Reaction score
its a bit "meh"... oh dear god. that guy needs to be bitch slapped

they didnt even review fallout new vegas. so thats how ruthless they are. wont even post a review of a terrible game

BowerstoneInFlames

Anarchist In Training
Reaction score
Those so called professional reviewers have no soul, I highly doubt that they could come close to producing a game with atleast 0.01% of the quality that can be found in the Fable series.

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score
I only skimmed through a few paragraphs. Every Paragraph was negative as far as I read. I wonder what games they actually like o_O

Autarch

Reaction score
Eh, Jim's being trying way too hard to provoke controversy lately (his FFXIII, whilst I agree with it, was just there to **** off people) and this is no different. Either that or he's been having harder man periods than usual.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
Oh no is poorly formed opinion differs from mine! He shall die!!!

On a side note, it seemed a bit aggressive, like he was trying hard to make the game look and sound as bad as possible. Not that Destructoid are much of an authority on this sort of stuff, though.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
I normally quite like and agree with Sterling's reviews. He's a genuinely funny and witty bloke, and the Destructoid review was among the reviews I've been most looking forward to reading. I'll take a look now.

x339

Reaction score
I normally quite like and agree with Sterling's reviews. He's a genuinely funny and witty bloke, and the Destructoid review was among the reviews I've been most looking forward to reading. I'll take a look now.
Prepare to lose a little part of yourself then.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Prepare to lose a little part of yourself then.
It doesn't really make any difference to me if someone dislikes - or even hates a game - that I like. I had already had a quick skim of the review before I'd posted and I'd already known it was largely negative, but I'm still looking forward to having a thorough read of it. I think the world would be very dull if we all just agreed on everything. ;)

noremac

Shadowfiend
Reaction score
i couldnt read it because my virus software said it was a 'Malicious' website, sounds pretty malicious from your reactions.

sirsimon

Reaction score
its his opinion, but come on, he's just too aggressive, you must balance both sides

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
why be a reviewer when you have a biased/aggressive/passive opinion.
whats the point exactly?

Chrysalis

Reaction score
to be honest its refreshing to see an honest review, most seem to be positive to ensure they keep getting the free games to review.

from what I heard so far about fable3 he is probably not wrong, it appears to be a rushed out game to get maximum revenue, pre order bonueses, pay dlc already etc.

the single profile thing really takes the biscuit, and I do consider fable2 more limiting than fable 1, so for them to do the same thing with 3 is dissapointing.

he is right, in fable2 the glow trail was buggy, the dog was buggy and didnt do what peter promised (attack melee when you have gun and attack ranged when you have sword), we all love menus I assume so why remove them, what was worse with fable2 over fable1 was slower menus and as such harder to change clothing, equipment etc. so why replace it with a even slower system? I dont have the game yet and I am sure will probably like it but it sounds like from everything I have read I wont like it as much as fable 1 and 2.

Autarch

Reaction score
I don't think you actually have a single profile. :|

What does upgrading your dog's combat do, anyway?

Twilight

Reaction score
I get the feeling he had a negative attitude going into that review....I know it's his opinion but it was easy to tell he wasn't a fan of the 2nd and he wasn't going to like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.