• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

School project help from people not in UK

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Can we stop the stupid and get back on track? >_>

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Nobody is forcing you to look at the photo.

It just freaked me out when I clicked on the thread and saw it, and now I'm having to navigate around it. I'm not forcing them to take it down, I was just trying to ask nicely if they wouldn't mind removing it.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Jessica says thanks Tyloric for what you've put - I tried telling her about the hurricane we had back in the 80's which mashed up a lot of England but she just rolled her eyes and said she wasn't interested in what happened a hundred years ago when I was a child. I hope we get the same retirement home when we're old because I'm going to pee in her IV every day...

Also bought the Discovery channel series Raging Planet on DVD which documents a few personal stories which might help her to do with stuff like earthquakes in San Francisco, Hurricane Camille, Montserrat volcano eruption, El Nino etc. She hates projects so the more stuff she can include to make it look interesting and also appear like she's made an effort at the same time is helpful. She was interested in covering the recent disaster in Japan but wasn't sure if it would be too insensitive to use it as a project, given how recent it all was...

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Sadly, I can't help with any natural disasters... I live in the U.K, yada yada.

Anyhoo, for the people talking about spiders and such - I'm just gonna leave this here...

29838527853603549831210.jpg

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
LMAO to queen...

There has always been flooding wherever I live...but it doesn't effect me because I wisely choose home locations that are on a damn hill and not in the flood plain.

The worst flooding was a few years ago.The rivers rose about 8 feet and larges swathes of town were under water. I was high and dry and comfortable ;).

Do not click the following link if you do not like spiders: delicious treat! No really, it's the real thing.

Also, I had a big one drop on my head the other night, from the door frame. It's body was probably a half-inch across...I simply brushed it away.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
I was in an earthquake in the 4th grade, but it was just a small ripple from a major one a few hundred miles north. Some minor shaking, no damage to the building, half of the kids in the classroom didn't even notice it.

I have been in a pretty intense hail storm, though. It was bright and clear out then all of a sudden it starts raining buckets, major flooding too but the roads were clear. There was a group of people outside my house that were trying to park their car and couldn't. After about a minute of crazy rain, balls of hail (each about the size of a marble) were coming down too. It wasn't cold out, but there they were. So many of them that even though it was warm out it took several weeks for them all to melt. The surprise storm ended in under 5 minutes and it took another 5 for all the water to wash down the road. The single most bizarre thing I have ever seen nature do first hand.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
'Hurricane:' Only recently was I exposed to the strong residual affects of a Hurricane. It was windy and rainy. A bunch of people lost power for days. I worked the day it came through and the store lost power. There were accidents and downed trees.

Hail storm: I'm always inside for these and nothing dramatic really happens.

Flooding: seasonal, so it's not really a big deal. Things get wet. Schools are opened as shelters. People don't drive, and those that do lose their cars. Basements flood, etc. We only get some leakage in the basement, but it's otherwise pretty tame.

Ice Storm: Happened 5 years ago or so. Late November. We had snow but it started getting warm where everything was melting. Then it rained/snowed (wintery mix) and clung to everything. Then the temperatures dropped severely, freezing everything. Wires snapped, trees were bending and breaking, it was raining crystals (hail). Pretty much everyone lost power. School was out for a week, people didn't have power for 2. Pretty dramatic.

(I live in northern New England)