• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should I get Fable: TLC?

M

MidnyteSky

Should I get Fable: TLC?

Hey everyone.
I currently own Fable II on the Xbox 360. Thing is, I'm kinda bored of it to be honest. So, I was thinking about selling it, and buying Fable TLC. I have played Fable before many years ago when I rented it, and it was an awesome game. I have head a lot of people say that Fable TLC is better than Fable II...
Also, will Fable TLC work on my 360? Its an arcade Xbox with a 20GB HardDrive attached.

Evil Scarecrow

Da Evilist MaPhucca
Reaction score
Re: Should I get Fable: TLC?

its no were near as good as fable II, in the sense of story line and all dat but not graphics, combat and stuff to do, but i say its worth getting.

a good game thats cheap? why not.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Is Fable: TLC on xbox? I thought it was only released for PC.

Arladerus

Unknown Paladin
Reaction score

I have it for Xbox. It was a Platinum Hits version.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Evil Scarecrow;343068 said:
its no were near as good as fable II,
Oh no you di-nt.

Evil Scarecrow

Da Evilist MaPhucca
Reaction score

oh yes i did. only way i would say fable 1 was better is if someone took that balverine hat and made it into a balverine helmet so ur head is like a balverine :D

jweaver64

Reaction score

Fable TLC is a great game, definitely a recommended buy.
If you play it on the 360, make sure you save your game whenever possible, because it crashes about two hours into playing it, and you have to restart your xbox.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

It's definitely worth it if you enjoyed the original Fable. I bought both and loved them. The extra stuff in TLC is great.

Psychosis

Reaction score

The Lost Chapters is far superior to the original Fable. The extra storyline, the reincarnated, harder Jack of Blades boss, not to mention Snowspire Village. There are plenty of nice little extras.

Arladerus

Unknown Paladin
Reaction score

Agreed with Psychosis. The fact that the last shops in Snowspire would buy anything you had, and would always keep them in stock for you to buy back if you ever wanted to was extremely convenient. Also, my equipment set is actually one you can only get in The Lost Chapters.

Avo's Tear, Archon's Battle Armour

Psychosis

Reaction score

Archon's Battle Armour, I completely forgot about that! The helmet looks really cool.

Rad

Old Name: Zencidal
Premium
Reaction score

I preferred TLC over Fable II, for a few reasons.

1. TLC had a shortcut system where you can select which expression you want to go in the certain slot, Fable II was randomly changing. But that wasn't a big issue.

2. The camera in TLC focused on The Hero the whole time, It depends on which you prefer but I didn't like how the camera was pulled back from the hero in Fable II, yet again it wasn't a big issue.

3. TLC had drunken bar fist fights, end of story. :3

4. I preferred the spell selection in TLC more then Fable II, for example multi strike and Berserker.

That's just my opinion.

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score

Fable 2 > TLC :)

naw but forreal, fable 2 is better only by a lil bit.

Graphics
More things to do
better combat
and a few others.

I really miss the awsome story line from fable 1 and i really love the fist fight's

Lord-Albion

Lord of Albion
Reaction score

I think Fable II lost chaptes gives me more feeling than Fable II i dont exactly know why but i just like how its made its more fantasy like than Fable II and you got more funny and stronger weapons. but if i were you i just downloaded fable the lost chapters frome torrents or somwhere and play on your comp you can than also make mods and so on. (thats what i did) so i think you should do itbut only if you are really done with FableII since that game has more options.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

I personally preferred Fable: The Lost Chapters over Fable II. I'd definitely recommend picking up a copy if you can find one available. There's always eBay if stores aren't stocking it anymore.

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score

why the **** would u get it off a torrent? its like only $15.00

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Lord-Albion;345440 said:
I think Fable II lost chaptes gives me more feeling than Fable II i dont exactly know why but i just like how its made its more fantasy like than Fable II and you got more funny and stronger weapons. but if i were you i just downloaded fable the lost chapters frome torrents or somwhere and play on your comp you can than also make mods and so on. (thats what i did) so i think you should do itbut only if you are really done with FableII since that game has more options.

I'm surprised Steve didn't pick up on this, but talking about P2P is against the rules of the forum as pirating is illegal.