• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Skyrim Discussion: Hints, tips, help and service.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I can only improve some things to flawless, even though I have arcane smithing and proper items for improvement. Do you need that smithing skill for Ebony to make it legendary? Because I can only smith it to exquisite.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Indeed you can, make sure you have the ebony armor point in the tree and the arcane smithing, that will let you make it legendary.

Check my vid for stats of the legendary one :)

Ah thanks for that, I've got the Ebony armour perk so when I'll make sure to do it!

Azer249

Reaction score
I can only improve some things to flawless, even though I have arcane smithing and proper items for improvement. Do you need that smithing skill for Ebony to make it legendary? Because I can only smith it to exquisite.

To make any piece of ebony armor legendary you need the armor skill in the smithing tree. For instance if you want ebony armor (ledgendary) you need the ebony perk. If your ebony armor that you want to make ledgendary is enchanted, you need the arcane, and ebony perk.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
TIPS:

Here is a great perq calculator to choose exactly what you want before making a character. It's very helpful, I find it the hardest part of the game in reality is choosing where to spend my perqs.

http://skyrimcalculator.com/ perq

At the very top of the throat of the world, after the main quest you can get a rare weapon called the notch pickaxe, it improves smithing non specifically and also doubles as a weapon.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Completed the main quest a couple of days ago *alduin is actually pretty easy despite his massive health bar. use dragonrend as soon as you can and when he lands, position yourself away from his face - it takes longer for him to find you and you can get some wicked good hits in. His bites are better to take than his shouts and each time he starts to fly again, use dragonrend to keep him grounded. it should recharge in time for when you next need it. the elder dragon you fight before entering sovngarde is harder than him, imo*

Just at the end of the dark brotherhood now - and thieves. little tip concerning the side quest No Stone Unturned - if you want all the gems then one is found in the thalmor embassy which you have to get on your first and only visit to the place. Miss it and go without.

Also, marriage didn't work for me :( silly cow never showed up for the wedding so I went off and three minutes later was informed I'd failed. clearly I'm too much lizard man for her puny imperial body to cope with...

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I'm about to play through my second profile now, I want to play female this time around, is gay marriage possible? I wanna be a sexy lesbo. Can you marry anyone or just ugly preset people?

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Ugly presets, I believe. Although my almost-wife was quite fit...

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Ugly presets, I believe. Although my almost-wife was quite fit...
Darn, there some quite sexy NPC's as far as TES goes walking around, plus some of them have nice personalities.

TIPS:

Getting a wife will not make a good housecarl, all your things will be knocked over with every move.

How to custom Decorate- Does not always work.

In houses items respawn where you dropped them originally making it impossible to decorate besides the few item holders built in.

To fix this position your item exactly were you want it, quicksave then quickload, leave and come back to make sure. Does not work with stolen items and some random ones, I put down 3 or so go in and out to check and continue. It's my personal opinion a house in the Reach is the best looking, and only 8000G. I worked hard to make 25k to get the house in Solitude only to find the lighting didn't change, cob webs everywhere, looked like an elven ruin more then the best house in the best city. I was ****ed. Varden Hall is dwarven style and beautiful, it is secluded and you can see the whole town from it, I like it the most doesn't look like you're poor.

Question: Does anyone know where I an find jars with a butterfly in it?

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I'm about to play through my second profile now, I want to play female this time around, is gay marriage possible? I wanna be a sexy lesbo. Can you marry anyone or just ugly preset people?

Gay and interracial marriage is in the game, and you can marry pretty much all of the NPCs that you perform favor quests for. You can also marry any of your housecarls and a number of NPCs in each guild. My first profile is a female and is married to Aela from The Companions as of right now.

In total there's about 75-80 NPCs that can be married, so there's plenty to choose from.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Question: Does anyone know where I an find jars with a butterfly in it?
Yup - pretty much every shack you find with an alchemy area has a butterfly in a jar on the shelf inside. Hunting shacks have them too sometimes but I tend to find those with alchemy tables are the most reliable. If I can find the location of one, I'll post it for you. I tend to just loot and move on without paying much attention but I know there are a lot of them about.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I married Mjoll the Lioness in Riften.

She's a wife, a follower and she apparently starts up a store which nets you 100 Gold every 24hs which adds up so you can collect a buttload after a while.

A shame about Aerin though. I had to murder him since he still followed Mjoll around despite the fact I married her! Real awkward that...

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I married Mjoll the Lioness in Riften.

She's a wife, a follower and she apparently starts up a store which nets you 100 Gold every 24hs which adds up so you can collect a buttload after a while.

A shame about Aerin though. I had to murder him since he still followed Mjoll around despite the fact I married her! Real awkward that...
When you start getting married do NPC's have a sexual preference or is everyone Bi?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Not sure. I've not yet played a female character.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Everyone is bisexual.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Awwwwwright.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Indeed you can, make sure you have the ebony armor point in the tree and the arcane smithing, that will let you make it legendary.

Check my vid for stats of the legendary one :)

Hey, where did you get that hood? Is it attached to the armour or the mask, or can you get it seperately? I need a good looking hood to go with my daedric armour. Right now im rolling with the Shrouded Cowl, but instead of looking all loose like in the video, it tightens up around my head, and that just doesnt fly. Is it because of the heavy armour?

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Hey, where did you get that hood? Is it attached to the armour or the mask, or can you get it seperately? I need a good looking hood to go with my daedric armour. Right now im rolling with the Shrouded Cowl, but instead of looking all loose like in the video, it tightens up around my head, and that just doesnt fly. Is it because of the heavy armour?

It's one of the Dragon Priest masks, you get one towards the end of the game and the others are at different locations. Don't remember how many there are but a quick google search will tell you.

Azer249

Reaction score

Its a dragon priest mask. Theres 8 of them in the game and one final one making a total of 9. Easiest way to get one is by doing the *college of winterhold* But if you want a cowl like at 40 seconds in Then do the *dark brotherhood then go to the person when you get the free reading (make sure to do all the bonus for every contract* and she will give you a quest to find ancient shrouded armor*

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. Halfway through the DB and I have picked up those masks before, never really used them though since they never had a good enchantment that would benefit me. Ill do a search and go hunting for a good one.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
For any bookworms here that would want to read every book in Skyrims game world Capane have rounded them all up and uploaded them in MOBI and EPUB files for anyone to download (for use on Kindle or Nook and other E-readers people may have).

Here

Download links

Kindle (MOBI)
Nook, iOS, and all others (EPUB)

EDIT* Also here is the entire game map annotated and available in poster size (location spoilers obviously).