• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Social Interactions Are... "Liberal"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cailet

Reaction score
I think this was well put and I have little to add. What surprised me was there were more restrictions on interactions!! I about fell off my chair. Fable is true entertainment at its finest. I watched my husband dance with a man and I had to put my hand over my face and for the first time had to leave the room because I just couldn't do it. The game is beautiful and the best ever so far but I don't know how to get past this. He loves me to spend time with him and Fable does just that but honestly, this is something I am trying to get past but can't.

It has taken the opportunity of making the character you, yourself and escaping the world for awhile. I love this game and I will do my best. It just doesn't make sense why this would be forced on the customer base. Speaking of whick the boys on the military base are giving their copies up.

I play mine, usually so many times, I have the dialogue memorized and get calls from people to use me as there Prima guide. Seems so silly and I love this game so maybe I am just missing something but after reading the posts here . I will play it and then maybe wait for the next one.

You really have out done yourself. This takes gaming to a whole new level. Something to play for awhile and look forward to it every time you turn on the game. Thank you so very much.

Archmenel

Reaction score
Bring back the expression wheel!

The dancing is quite enough with all these people but could they even have simply added more than one dance? I so tire of lifting everyone over my head when the expression is released at the moment they tell me I have to. What happened to holding 'kiss my ass' for 63 seconds to spread offence to as many people as possible?

I do appreciate the dynamic aspect they introduced, it is ever so sweet to show the people how much they mean to you one-on-one...but they certainly should not have forgotten that our grand and theatrical Heroes also enjoy irritating, or receiving the praise of, a dozen people at a shot.

I miss slapping. Especially in Bloodstone, when one of those filthy bell-ends would kick my dog.

Kahindes

Reaction score
I don't think much of the empression system in Fable 3 either. I liked it better when I could have a little bit more control on how I interacted with people. Interacting with them one-on-one is perfectly fine, however I think that that should have been our choice: If we wanted to get more personal and talk with this person one-on-one then we would do so- for that, this system would be perfect. However it is rather useless when you want to be friends with everyone and usually take advantage of the fact that previous empressions effected everyone that can see it. It's almost impractical to think that others cannot see your actions towards other people, and even more impractical that they are unaffected by it.

OLDCell

Reaction score
I also prefer how Fable II presented expressions in the expression wheel, it made it my choice on the exact expression used. I think the dumbed down one press one hold of A is very lacking and does not give any choice or enough choice to the players.

Also the ability to pose or do an expression to a group of people was good but could have been tweaked from Fable II into Fable III without taking anything away from the one on one interactions.

Still I love the game bugs n all but I would like to see a patch to fix and bring in some much wanted features.

Reaction score
I prefered to be able to choose My expressions. The game is about choice, I choose not to dance with dudes. I agree with Archmenel, Bring back the expression wheel.

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
Indeed, I miss the wheel. Its not such a big problem for me, I would just rather when coming back from long trips adventuring to see the wife be able to hug her and then kiss her as the animations make more sense that way. But nooo, I always have to go the otherway round. When do you ever see you longly seperated couples run into each others arms, kiss, and then having a swinging hug? Its always the other way round!

Although, knowing Fable, thats probabaly the point. Poking fun at the standardised order of things.

Praetorian K

Reaction score
Agreed. I don't really mind dancing with guys, or tickling them and what not. However, as a game mechanic, not giving us the ability to choose our expressions is a step backwards from Fable II.

Setari

Reaction score
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I just wanted to have my input on this, and I really hope they fix this emote stuff. Was talking to my girlfriend about it and she hasn't played yet, but after talking to her about it she feels the same way, it ruins the immersion for me, dancing with another guy. I really do hope they fix this.Also, hand holding too. What the heck is up with that? -.- Really preferred the 'Follow' stuff... ugh.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
i love grabbing a villagers head in farting in his/her face... first time i did that i loled irl

Archmenel

Reaction score
I've got to admit, as thoroughly immature as it is; the new fart-system is the only thing I like about the interaction set-up.

Oh, and threaten. That's good too.

Sir Robin

The Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot
Reaction score
I've got to admit, as thoroughly immature as it is; the new fart-system is the only thing I like about the interaction set-up.

Oh, and threaten. That's good too.

I'll have to try those if they're so good. I'm just such a pure goody-two-shoes I've never done a mean expression to anyone. Though now that I think of it, there are people I'd love to fart all over. I'll give it a try.

Gifts are sort of expressions. Does anyone else miss the ability to give gifts? For instance, how sadistic of Lionhead was it to leave the lines in where children request autographs from you, when you can't buy autograph cards anymore (and you couldn't give them to them even if you could)? Kids come up and beg for an autograph, and I'd love to give them one. Then, eyes presumably brimming with tears, they say, "I'll never ask for your autograph again!" WTF. Thanks for making me feel like crap, LH.

I really hope gifting returns for Fable IV. Used to be I'd go adventuring for an in-game month and just give my wife and kids awesome gifts when I got back to make up for it. Now I have no way to assuage my guilt for being a terrible husband and father.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Just pretend your really really really really...reeeally close friends.

Archmenel

Reaction score
Sir Robin, I don't know about others, but I have been able to give autographs to every child with exception of the destitute (and truly in need of an upper) little ones in Industrial.

I agree on gifts as well. I made it a point to give all the beggars in Fable II 50,000 or so each time I passed through, and I would give crunchy chicks to the Temple of Light monks.

Archmenel

Reaction score
Really close friends indeed! *laughs*

I am picturing my oldest friend doing that to me, or I him, either way - I don't think it would go over too well. You must comprehend friendship on a level that I may never reach *grins*.

Sir Robin

The Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot
Reaction score
Sir Robin, I don't know about others, but I have been able to give autographs to every child with exception of the destitute (and truly in need of an upper) little ones in Industrial.

I agree on gifts as well. I made it a point to give all the beggars in Fable II 50,000 or so each time I passed through, and I would give crunchy chicks to the Temple of Light monks.

Whoa. You just blew my mind, sir. Where do you get the autograph cards? And when you get them, how do you give them out? Am I just completely missing an entire game mechanic (gifting)?

Archmenel

Reaction score
You don't need to even bother yourself over buying them in this game. Apparently your Hero carries a box or two with her/him everywhere they go.

Simply interact with the child and press the right bumper.

Which is nice, because even though I typically play a thoroughly moral and benevolent character; I usually cannot be arsed to buy autograph cards.

Archmenel

Reaction score
Thanks *grins*. I thought that with all those dozens of prayers a day they could use just a tiny bit of immorality in their lives.

dgxfable

Reaction score
its not only for having the freedom to choose what i want to do with people. my friend is having an issue opening up the affection demon door, where you must do specific poses to open the door. to hug, kiss, and tickle in front of it before it opened. however, she continues to only get 2 or 3 options to do, we have tried in other worlds (which have worked) and we have done tried exiting the interaction and redoing it for at least, in total, a few hours. its very annoying and keeps us from getting our legendary weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.