• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Spell-weaving and new Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimWhim

Reaction score
Re: Spell-weaving and new Spells

The Tyrant Lord;418936 said:
Dude, stop. You're being way too defensive. He's just fiving you advice, if you know people will flame you if you say something, simply don't.

Remember Maxley the Hobbe

That's not advice. That's another person trying to tell me what to do. I am free to express my opinion, I am free to be defensive, I am free to do whatever it is I please so long as I follow the rules and guess what? I have been. If you don't like how I act, you don't have to read my posts. It's as simple as that.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

GrimWhim;419051 said:
That's not advice. That's another person trying to tell me what to do. I am free to express my opinion, I am free to be defensive, I am free to do whatever it is I please so long as I follow the rules and guess what? I have been. If you don't like how I act, you don't have to read my posts. It's as simple as that.

Flaming IS against the rules.

ali1238

would you kindly
Reaction score

GrimWhim;418522 said:
Ice =/= water. Sure, ice can melt into water and water can be frozen into ice but otherwise it's not going to conduct electricity. The lightning spell would have no effect on the ice spell.

Ice does conduct electricity though. Also because the sounding area will most like be above melting point it will be melting too, and when it melts the 'charge carriers' are further concentrated into the non-frozen areas.

I don't need to gloat. It's not going to happen but you know what? The frustrated look on your face when I am right will be priceless, make sure you get someone to take a picture of you when it happens so they can send it to me. I could use a good laugh.

Way to be a douche-bag. This has to be most pathetic thing I have read in some time. He is going to be frustrated because one of his ideas didn't get in a game?

Also can't you use a normal writing size like everyone else?

GrimWhim

Reaction score

ali1238;419086 said:
Ice does conduct electricity though. Also because the sounding area will most like be above melting point it will be melting too, and when it melts the 'charge carriers' are further concentrated into the non-frozen areas.

I don't need to gloat. It's not going to happen but you know what? The frustrated look on your face when I am right will be priceless, make sure you get someone to take a picture of you when it happens so they can send it to me. I could use a good laugh.

Way to be a douche-bag. This has to be most pathetic thing I have read in some time. He is going to be frustrated because one of his ideas didn't get in a game?

Also can't you use a normal writing size like everyone else?

Keep whining.

Y'all might want to stop derailing this thread and making it about me and get back to what it originally was about. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the attention but if you're really that desperate to shower me with affection, make a thread about it elsewhere.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

GrimWhim;419105 said:
Whine some more. Like I give a damn.

Y'all might want to stop derailing this thread and making it about me and get back to what it originally was about. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the attention but if you're really that desperate to shower me with affection, make a thread about it elsewhere.
The guy is right though.. your writing size is really annoying, I gotta pinch my eyes to see what you write cause it's usually something good :wub:

Anyway, I'm really excited about ice. It's kinda odd they haven't thought of it before - to include all the elements I mean.
Air, Water, Earth, Fire - and all in between.

How about a giant pimp hand that gives a 'round-the-head-back-hand-slap?
Now sit down!

GrimWhim

Reaction score

SimonKalevra;419111 said:
The guy is right though.. your writing size is really annoying, I gotta pinch my eyes to see what you write cause it's usually something good :wub:

Anyway, I'm really excited about ice. It's kinda odd they haven't thought of it before - to include all the elements I mean.
Air, Water, Earth, Fire - and all in between.

How about a giant pimp hand that gives a 'round-the-head-back-hand-slap?
Now sit down!

I prefer the smaller writing because when I write a wall of text, it looks less intimidating than if I had written it in a normal font size.

It is strange that it would take them this long to add more than just fire and lightning but at the same time, you only ever really needed two spells in the first game and two in the second game. However, I hope they focus on spells that aren't purely elemental. Maybe something evil that impales your enemy? I dunno. There's a lot of possibilities but we'll probably just get the basics.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

Yeh well, enough arguing, everyone just try and think of some crazy combinations. ^_^

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

GhostlyIcicle;419129 said:
Yeh well, enough arguing, everyone just try and think of some crazy combinations. ^_^
Erm, the last couple of posts were all on topic :p

Impaling people would be nice, like that wheel of fortune where they get impaled or have a sex change, haha :lol:

How about a powerful beam of light?

OH!

And maybe the hero could say Ka-Me-Ha-Me HAAA!! as he charges the spell

Im telling you, it's gonna be HUGE!

nstalaat

Never Knows Best
Reaction score

How about we get a spell that essentially acts like the wheel of death from the second game.
That'd be the only spell I'd use for the entire game.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

SimonKalevra;419137 said:
Erm, the last couple of posts were all on topic :p

Impaling people would be nice, like that wheel of fortune where they get impaled or have a sex change, haha :lol:

How about a powerful beam of light?

OH!

And maybe the hero could say Ka-Me-Ha-Me HAAA!! as he charges the spell

Im telling you, it's gonna be HUGE!

You know what would be awesome? If you could combine Force Push and Vortex that would shoot a burst of air that could decapitate your enemies. You could do the same with Force Push and Blades but have it shoot multiple blades into your enemy to impale him.

I mean, there's a lot you could do with just the few basic spells we had in Fable II but I have a feeling we won't get anything that epic in Fable III. Although... a flaming tornado does sound incredibly bad ass and there is sure to be other combinations that will make us say "Wow!".

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

GrimWhim;419180 said:
You know what would be awesome? If you could combine Force Push and Vortex that would shoot a burst of air that could decapitate your enemies. You could do the same with Force Push and Blades but have it shoot multiple blades into your enemy to impale him.

I mean, there's a lot you could do with just the few basic spells we had in Fable II but I have a feeling we won't get anything that epic in Fable III. Although... a flaming tornado does sound incredibly bad ass and there is sure to be other combinations that will make us say "Wow!".

Like Fire Blades? or Or, if we combine Ice storm and Raise the Undead, we get Wraiths?

GrimWhim

Reaction score

The Tyrant Lord;419185 said:
Like Fire Blades? or Or, if we combine Ice storm and Raise the Undead, we get Wraiths?

I think you would get frozen zombies if you combined those two spells, haha.

Yes, Fire Blades would be pretty wicked too but I think adding lightning would be more deadly. Hm... I'm trying to think of some other combinations but nothing really comes to mind.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

GrimWhim;419186 said:
I think you would get frozen zombies if you combined those two spells, haha.

Yes, Fire Blades would be pretty wicked too but I think adding lightning would be more deadly. Hm... I'm trying to think of some other combinations but nothing really comes to mind.

Vortex and Blades!
It's like, high speed propelled blades that can go through multiple enemies, and shatters once it impales a few, to cause even more damage o_O:lol:

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

GhostlyIcicle;419196 said:
Vortex and Blades!
It's like, high speed propelled blades that can go through multiple enemies, and shatters once it impales a few, to cause even more damage o_O:lol:
Commonly known as "The Blender" :D

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

The Tyrant Lord;419198 said:

Couldn't have thought of a better name myself ;)

GrimWhim

Reaction score

GhostlyIcicle;419196 said:
Vortex and Blades!

The Tyrant Lord;419198 said:

That is so much win and I expect that to be one of the spell combinations if Blades makes it back in.

"S-S-Sire... I'm af-f-fraid I have some b-b-ad news. I... was d-d-d-distracted by a rather b-bothersome fly and I... I... I dropped your meal, sire."

"Oh, have no fear my loyal servant. In fact, I appreciate your honesty. Let me reward you with... A TORNADO OF BLADES! BWAHAHAHA!"

<Insert blender noise and spine chilling screams here>

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

GrimWhim;419203 said:
That is so much win and I expect that to be one of the spell combinations if Blades makes it back in.

"S-S-Sire... I'm af-f-fraid I have some b-b-ad news. I... was d-d-d-distracted by a rather b-bothersome fly and I... I... I dropped your meal, sire."

"Oh, have no fear my loyal servant. In fact, I appreciate your honesty. Let me reward you with... A TORNADO OF BLADES! BWAHAHAHA!"

<Insert blender noise and spine chilling screams here>

I have three words on that.
One. Hundred. Percent. WIN.
See? That was four. So good it broke the boundaries. ^_^

ali1238

would you kindly
Reaction score

GrimWhim;419105 said:
Keep whining.

This is you idea of affection, did you parents lock you in your toom for days at a time and call it love?

I think combining force push and vortex would be quite awesome. Kinda like sending them flying in a spiral.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

ali1238;419205 said:
This is you idea of affection, did you parents lock you in your toom for days at a time and call it love?

I think combining force push and vortex would be quite awesome. Kinda like sending them flying in a spiral.

He was being sarcastic. No more arguing, it's all paved over.
Would be a pretty good idea :L Send a really powerful tornado towards them that pushes them all away. :lol:

Or how about Ice and Vortex? o_O Makes a blizzard :D And after the spell is cast, if it was a high level one, it's snowing i the area it was cast?

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

ali1238;419205 said:

Now, now the flaming ended a couple of posts above, we're all friends now.

Status
Not open for further replies.