• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

(Spoilers) PoTC4 Question (Spoilers)

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
So, near the end the mermaid kisses the cleric and takes him down in to the water. What happens? Does she drown him? Drown him then eat him? Heal him somehow? Turn him in to a merman somehow?

Your thoughts, please :)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Id imagine he is turned into a Merman as he was seen to be 'different'.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
Id imagine he is turned into a Merman as he was seen to be 'different'.
Yeah I guess so, hopefully we'll see what's become of him in the next film since they're planning to make a total of 6 I think.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
what's PoTC4?

is the mermaid naked?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah I guess so, hopefully we'll see what's become of him in the next film since they're planning to make a total of 6 I think.

As far as i was aware they were filming both around the same time so id expect so.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
I'm confused as to why whats-her-face was saved by gaining youth from Blackbeard. They were both dying, neither of them had any years left. So... they both should have died anyway.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
I'm confused as to why whats-her-face was saved by gaining youth from Blackbeard. They were both dying, neither of them had any years left. So... they both should have died anyway.
Jack said it was all the years they had lived, and had the potential to live. Why were they both dying? I can't remember what happened to Penelope

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
I would say she took him to keep, regardless as to whether he lived or not. But if they were filming the other film around the same time as this, I imagine he'll be back as a merman in the next one.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
MermaidMan-old-and-fat.PNG

Looking forward to it.

White Balverine

Scourge of Witchwood
Premium
Reaction score
This film sucked terribly. The poster for it is more entertaining than this.

Just don't see it.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
This film sucked terribly. The poster for it is more entertaining than this.

Just don't see it.

You're one of the people who look too deeply into a film and can't just appreciate it for what it is, a good laugh and a bit of fun.

Am I right?

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
You're one of the people who look too deeply into a film and can't just appreciate it for what it is, a good laugh and a bit of fun.

Am I right?
YAEH. I lurved it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I thought it was decent and some decent performances in there, mainly Depp, Geoffrey Rush and Ian McShane. Plot wasnt exactly fantastic but it was good enough. Without the brilliance of Depp though the movies would of course be much worse off for it.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
I thought it was decent and some decent performances in there, mainly Depp, Geoffrey Rush and Ian McShane. Plot wasnt exactly fantastic but it was good enough. Without the brilliance of Depp though the movies would of course be much worse off for it.
Of course :p. There's always something that makes or breaks the movie. If Depp wasn't in the first one, there wouldn't be a second.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score

Dead Man's Chest was on TV yesterday evening, and after watching it I have to say I prefered that to Stranger Tides, I think because not just Depp but Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley. I think that Stranger Tides took you to a slightly too unfamiliar environment to be as good as it's predeccessor.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Dead Man's Chest was on TV yesterday evening, and after watching it I have to say I prefered that to Stranger Tides, I think because not just Depp but Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley. I think that Stranger Tides took you to a slightly too unfamiliar environment to be as good as it's predeccessor.

Yeah i can see what your saying and i rewatched it on tv too.