• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sword Designs

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Sword Designs

Well, I'm currently working with 3ds Max 9, and am trying a hand at modelling. I wanna get into computer and video game design, and I feel this is the best way to start. But I've run into a current problem. I can't find any cool sword designs. That's where YOU come in. If you could take some time to look for a cool sword designs, that would be GREAT. I've already designed a dagger, didn't turn out too well, but it's a start. Thank you.

P.S. Just putting this out there... i AM NOT GOING TO DO THOSE STUPID 20 FOOT LONG SWORDS 3 TIMES AS BIG AS THE CHARACTER. =]

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Sword Designs

Well, why not just keep it simple? I too work with 3d studio MAX in school, and it can be a royal pain at times.

500px-Sword_parts.svg.png

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

The most EPIC sword in video gaming history:

chaos_breaker.gif

The Chaos Breaker from the original Shining Force on the Sega Mega Drive. Epic win doesn't even come close to describing its awesomeness.

Not a very good pic, I know, but it's all I got. Sorry!

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I tried to think of a really cool sword and eventually came up with this...
ganning.jpg

Not a great picture but if you've played Dynasty Warriors at all you will recall this guy.

200px-Gan_Ning.jpg

Z

Zingo

Ima go and agree with Tsuyu, yet again!

Keep it simple, especially if you are starting out. It's better to do a good-looking simple sword than a bad-looking advanced one ;)

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

The Sword Design I gave was pretty simplistic. I'm quite disappointed I didn't think of it back in the day.

C

chickenstabber

weapons_2.jpg
I think if skorms bow was a sword it would look pritty cool sumbody could make a sword of skorms

D

Dudemcguy

chickenstabber;172589 said:
I think if skorms bow was a sword it would look pritty cool sumbody could make a sword of skorms

I know what you mean, With the guard of the sword as that Orb, the hilt just a twisting peice of Wood and the Actual Blade Something like the Katana.

Hmm.. I think Ill draw that.

[edit]

Drawn ;)
skormth7.jpg

Done badly on Flash I know, But it took me 5 mins and it gives you the idea.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;172294 said:
Well, why not just keep it simple? I too work with 3d studio MAX in school, and it can be a royal pain at times.

500px-Sword_parts.svg.png

Seen that one, might as well give it a shot. Thanks.

D

Dudemcguy

Scuse me for Hijacking the thread, but how do you add your textures to your model? I made a 2 handed axe for the game (seen below). Help appriciated =].
f_Fablem_def81d9.png

L

Lauran

This is Frostmourne, the legendary sword of Arthas Menethil from Warcraft3. It corrupted him, turning to an undead. Has a nice story :)

You can check it here aswell: Frostmourne - Epic Weapons

arthasartwork1gu7.jpg

frostmourne1jpgw300h225xv4.jpg

fablemaniac

The Man Who Laughs
Reaction score

I want that sword.It looks AWESOME!

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Lauran;172693 said:
This is Frostmourne, the legendary sword of Arthas Menethil from Warcraft3. It corrupted him, turning to an undead. Has a nice story :)

You can check it here aswell: Frostmourne - Epic Weapons

arthasartwork1gu7.jpg

frostmourne1jpgw300h225xv4.jpg

Neat :thumbsup:

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Sorry for the double post, but it seems inappropriate to add this to my previous post. Here is my current work for Tsuyu's contributed pic. Yeah I changed things around a bit, such as the pommel.

MySword.jpg

D

Dudemcguy

Skotekal;172745 said:
Sorry for the double post, but it seems inappropriate to add this to my previous post. Here is my current work for Tsuyu's contributed pic. Yeah I changed things around a bit, such as the pommel.

Wow, thats nice texturing done there, Mine is a A load of crap. I figured out how, Just not how to easily, or effectively.. But this is what I have so far. As you see..
f_Macem_d31749d.png
Also, If you want the blender file for any reason, You can find that at:
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/59658/MarbleWoodAxe-blend.html

D

Dudemcguy

Sorry for double posting, but I think this deserves a New post, I have attempted to make the WoW sword. Went well.. Until, like.. Well. See for yourself.
f_sword1m_65947d7.png
Ok.. right?
Then I look at the other side..
f_sword2m_2be6f01.png

Hmm.. See my problem? Is that normal? Sorry agian for Hi-Jacking.. Forgive me? :ninja:

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Oh well, keep trying :p And I haven't textured yet, those are just the basic colours. I haven't the slightest clue on where to begin... Maybe its the unwrap UVW section, and then apply in the materials thing... Any tips appreciated here :lol:

D

Dudemcguy

Skotekal;172879 said:
Oh well, keep trying :p And I haven't textured yet, those are just the basic colours. I haven't the slightest clue on where to begin... Maybe its the unwrap UVW section, and then apply in the materials thing... Any tips appreciated here :lol:
Oh.. Hehe o_O

I was only seeing if textures worked Btw. I wouldent let a peice of album art be my Sword texture ;)

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

:lol: Yeah, that might be a bad idea to do so... :p

And are you using Blender? I'm using 3ds Max 9. Is Blender any good?