• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Ending of Fable 3 Sucks

Advocate

Reaction score
----------SPOILER ALERT----------

I'm getting to the end of Fable 3 where I have to build up the kingdom and I can say I'm fairly dissapointed. Dissapointed so much so where I don't even want to play anymore.

The options for these decisions are terrible. It's either yes or no and sometimes neutral. There's nothing clever, no hidden resolutions, no way of winning past all odds.

But what really bothers me is that I can't kill Reaver and take all his money for myself and put it towards the kingdom.

Furthermore, http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/Nigel_Ferret
you finally meet up with him and are able to give him justice for trying to kill you and you can either let him free and take his money or let him rot in his cage and let the money rot? WTF IS THIS CRAP? I'd shoot the bastard AND take his money. How is this not an option? This is so incredibly unsatisfying that I don't even want to play anymore.

What did you guys think of all this?

Lionheart

Reaction score
Well I haven't reached that part since April so it's a little bit vague but yes there weren't enough rational options. I'd have kept him free but taken his money to pay for the kingdom given the choice. :thumbsup:

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Decisions were fine, what I was bothered with is that the game takes morality as how the people of Albion see you, instead of your true motives. What's better for the people, a terrible year of work and starving or for EVERYONE to die?

r5v3n

Indifferent Member
Reaction score
----------SPOILER ALERT----------

I'm getting to the end of Fable 3 where I have to build up the kingdom and I can say I'm fairly dissapointed. Dissapointed so much so where I don't even want to play anymore.

The options for these decisions are terrible. It's either yes or no and sometimes neutral. There's nothing clever, no hidden resolutions, no way of winning past all odds.

But what really bothers me is that I can't kill Reaver and take all his money for myself and put it towards the kingdom.

Furthermore, http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/Nigel_Ferret
you finally meet up with him and are able to give him justice for trying to kill you and you can either let him free and take his money or let him rot in his cage and let the money rot? WTF IS THIS CRAP? I'd shoot the bastard AND take his money. How is this not an option? This is so incredibly unsatisfying that I don't even want to play anymore.

What did you guys think of all this?

There's the obvious: you can't kill Reaver because he would (might, anyway) play another role in the upcoming Fable game(s). I'd agree with you on Ferret, though. The damn hamster just gets on my nerves.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
The problem with Fable 3's ending is this;

Look up "anti-climatic" in a dictionary and you'll find a YouTube link to the final battle. So much build-up towards the final showdown with you having to juggle building an army and keeping you pronises. What did we get? A small skirmish with around five soldiers and yourself going up against just as few enemy shadows. Whoop-de-doo. The end boss was quite a nice twist though, I'll give them that.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I thoroughly believe that Lionhead absolutely suck at writing stories. The only reason why Fable 1's story was so good, was because they plagiarised it from pretty much every other fantasy story ever told. They actually tried to be creative in Fable II and III, and good on them for trying, but they really just suck ass at storytelling.

G

Guest 7310

This is why I've decided to not buy any more Fable games unless they get overwhelmingly positive reviews first.

But I don't think the Hero knows that.
Just like me i always look up reviews before i buy it.I regret buying Fable 3 yes it was a very good game but i heard Fable 2 was better.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
i heard Fable 2 was better.

That just depends on who you ask. There's not much of a general consensus among Fable players on that topic. Personally, I like Fable 3 better.

G

Guest 7310

That just depends on who you ask. There's not much of a general consensus among Fable players on that topic. Personally, I like Fable 3 better.
I just heard it im not saying its better im just saying i heard it was.P.S Fable 3 is a good game im still on my 4th play though and im still not bored

F.Y.I is ur signature assassins creed because assassins creed is my 2nd fav(1st fav of course Fable 3)

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I just finished my 17th and I'm still not bored.

r5v3n

Indifferent Member
Reaction score
I think TLC is the best in the franchise. I played it over 57 times before my brother 'accidentally' deleted it. I'm trying to break my new game record in TLC by playing Fable3 and I can say that I am still going strong and I didn't lost my steam at the game yet..

Vaughn

Non sum qualis eram
Reaction score
--- Warning: Spoilers ahead. ---

The final boss was at least less anti-climactic than the "final boss" in Fable 2. However, I felt the whole battle against the invading Darkness and the final boss in general were completely rushed and not that satisfying. Sure, I felt a tug on my heartstrings when Walter died, but the fight before that was neither challenging nor epic. It was disappointing.

At least the battle with the giant shard before the "final boss" in Fable 2 was challenging and epic enough on its own. And the whole dream world scenario was wonderfully surreal. None of that was present at the end of III. Basically, they dropped the ball there, I think.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
I liked the story as simple as it was. What really bothered me about Fable 3 was the leveling up system. I have to gain followers so that I can become a better baker o_O. The restrictive nature of how leveling worked really bummed me out.

One of the cool things in an RPG is getting into a bad situation because either you're not powerful enough or don't know what you're doing or both. One sure fire cure for this is to go level up and try again. Or go get the one spell that you know your enemy is weak against.

The Road to Rule takes all that away. No Freedom other than choosing not to level up lute playing or getting the family expressions.

That being said I'm playing through again without leveling anything or buying anything unless the main story requires it and suddenly I don't care about the restrictions any more :)

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
My like/dislike from the game doesn't come from specific aspects to leveling up or storytelling (though I agree with what Albion Knight and Drakan said). I can even forgive some glitches if I still enjoy playing despite them.

I bought the game new on release, forked over for the collectors edition, played it and never touched it again. After the game I just left with the feeling that I really don't give a **** what happens to Albion anymore. I don't care if this lake is filled or that criminal was brought to justice. Unless you just cheat your way to riches (like I did) you're left with the moral ending that either everyone lives a **** life in misery or they end up dead and you are the one who decides for them. There's something seriously wrong with that as an ending. Mostly because it wasn't reached logically so you react thinking "damn, that's a great depressing plot", they just cut-pasted it without bothering to make you feel like you were even making the hard decision. The result? I just stopped caring which decision I made or how much money I had left. The kingdom was bound to end up in a state that I was unhappy with so I had ZERO plans to mess around endgame. Add to that the fact that the game was still riddled with glitches and still in many ways graphically resembled the original Fable which came out 7 years prior. There is something seriously ****ing wrong with that. Improve a games graphics before you make another one. Take time to develop a level up system that works. Learn to write a goddamn story. You're making a game called Fable. It's mindbogglingly ironic that you are unable to write a good one yourself.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
My like/dislike from the game doesn't come from specific aspects to leveling up or storytelling (though I agree with what Albion Knight and Drakan said). I can even forgive some glitches if I still enjoy playing despite them.

I bought the game new on release, forked over for the collectors edition, played it and never touched it again. After the game I just left with the feeling that I really don't give a s*** what happens to Albion anymore. I don't care if this lake is filled or that criminal was brought to justice. Unless you just cheat your way to riches (like I did) you're left with the moral ending that either everyone lives a s*** life in misery or they end up dead and you are the one who decides for them. There's something seriously wrong with that as an ending. Mostly because it wasn't reached logically so you react thinking "damn, that's a great depressing plot", they just cut-pasted it without bothering to make you feel like you were even making the hard decision. The result? I just stopped caring which decision I made or how much money I had left. The kingdom was bound to end up in a state that I was unhappy with so I had ZERO plans to mess around endgame. Add to that the fact that the game was still riddled with glitches and still in many ways graphically resembled the original Fable which came out 7 years prior. There is something seriously f****** wrong with that. Improve a games graphics before you make another one. Take time to develop a level up system that works. Learn to write a goddamn story. You're making a game called Fable. It's mindbogglingly ironic that you are unable to write a good one yourself.

Should have done what I did and busked for a couple of hours to make 6 million gold or whatever. I got to make all the "good" decisions, and save all mah peeps.

BWfreak

Reaction score
I liked the story line. I just hate the way you play through it, with the constant decision making and the one or two mission here and there.

u cant kill Reaver he is immortal
http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/Reaver

it says hes immortal

You can still kill him though!! lol all you gotta do is make sure he can't make his sacrifice to the Shadow Court. Then they will just come and kill his ass!! :D

Razza

Reaction score
I did find the ending a bit of a let-down, but not for the reasons many people do. Folks are saying the final battle was anti-climactic, but was it really that much less interesting than the final boss from the last game? It wasn't fighting the big rock that made the ending of Fable II, it was the whole "things come full circle and Sparrow reconciles his/her past and makes a final choice that changes the world" thing. Fable III lacks this, which is odd, because fighting against a supernatural entity that torments you with visions of your fear and guilt gave 'em a huge opportunity to do something similar, if darker - a "dark dream world" version of the castle, perhaps, where you wake up in your old bedroom from the start of the game and then have to wander the halls being attacked by manifestations of all your bad decisions? That would have been awesome. Instead, you have a long and repetitive fight with Zombie Walter, followed by a cheesy death speech. Oh, well.

The other thing that bugs me is that even if you win, half the population's dead, the city's full of empty houses and closed shops and near-deserted streets, and there's random corpses lying around. But I suppose I can fix that by doing a better job of defending the kingdom next time, huh?

For all that, though, I found the rest of the game was an improvement, and I enjoyed most of it the first time through (even all the loaded decision-making after becoming the king/queen). I even liked the Road to Rule, though I wish it had just been a symbolic storytelling device instead of being tied in with the levelling-up system...