• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The flies explained

Auktor

Reaction score
The flies explained

The flies appear to be unrelated to purity or corruption as orrigionaly thought. My wfie is the one who made the following observations while we were playing.

Wearing the same clothes for too long cancause flies. Clean heroes change or dye theis clothes once and a while.
Sleeping in jankey beds. Try sleeping in the drowned farm, you will get flies.
Having more that one sexualy partner May be a factor, howerver it may have been the crappiness of the bed.

I hope this is helpful and explains well the long perplexing fly problem. Beds of 3 star quality do not give you flies in you own home but I do not have the time to test all the beds. Cheers.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Re: The flies explained

Uh, no, the original thoughts on this were right. Being corrupt gives you flies.

24hPrestige

Fable 3
Reaction score

@Necromancer: No it isn't. I'm 100% pure and good, and I still get flies at some times.

I think it has something to do about the bonus you can get from sleeping in houses;
In some particular buildings the bonus is: Animal magnetism.

Haven't test it yet so I could be wrong.

Aristo

In Shade And Shadow
Premium
Reaction score

Necromancer11;362809 said:
Uh, no, the original thoughts on this were right. Being corrupt gives you flies.

I've tested this myself many times cause I wanted to be certain. From overpricing on my shops to lowering the prices to reach purity again. I am absolutely certain that being corrupt gives you flies and when your pure the flies are absent, so you're correct. Whenever I noticed those buzzards swarming around my character I wondered HTH did this happen, upon glancing at my logbook it never failed to say corrupt. It's funny too how they so mysteriously dissapear after I became pure again ;p
24hPrestige;363211 said:
In some particular buildings the bonus is: Animal magnetism.

Haven't test it yet so I could be wrong.
Animal magnetism means you get a bonus to attractiveness, flies are insects btw. ^^
Necromancer is an evil character afterall so he'd know more about being corrupt than we three heroics XD

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

My current game (Evil/Corrupt) has no flies. I have had then when I was good but becoming corrupt. I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Aristo;363353 said:
Animal magnetism means you get a bonus to attractiveness, flies are insects btw. ^^

Insects are still animals though.

Aristo

In Shade And Shadow
Premium
Reaction score

Lol ya I know they're classified in the animal kingdom, but I thought animals would be closer to humans and since animal magnitism gives a bonus to attractiveness, that that attractiveness wouldn't be directed toward insects being attracted to you. I knew somebody was going to give me a hard time when I wrote that but I couldn't resist lol.

Shout out to Necro: I could use a little help over here man! Lol

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I've beaten Fable 2 24 times variating between good/pure, good/corrupt, evil/pure, and evil/corrupt. Each of my good/corrupt and evil/corrupt games have had flies, and each of my good/pure and evil/pure games have not. If you think you are corrupt and have no flies, or if you think you are pure and have flies, check your purity again and look at your character more closely.

The animal magnetism bonus only makes people more attracted to you; it does not give you flies as well. That wouldn't even make sense. People wouldn't become more attracted to you if you had flies buzzing around your head.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

I'm not lying when I say I don't have flies. I'm 100% evil and corrupt, and I don't even have to check my Logbook for that (I have huge horns and red cracks all over my body....it looks cool with the will lines >D) But for some reason when my Good Pure character get's corrupt, flies come around...it might be my game, I don't know.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Show me pictures and I'll believe you.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

I am also evil/corrupt all the way and have no flies. In fact after reading this thread I tried to obtain flies for my monster of a character by sleeping in wraithmarsh several times and still didnt get flies.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

^Sleeping in certain places has nothing to do with it.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

Necromancer11;363562 said:
^Sleeping in certain places has nothing to do with it.

It was however one of the speculated methods in this thread so I thought I'd note that.

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

Honestly it's probably only happening if people don't sleep for ages and don't change the clothes they wear. the corrupt idea isn't a bad shout tho.

Aristo

In Shade And Shadow
Premium
Reaction score

I'd like to see some pictures also. It'd be interesting to see this, sounds like a nice glitch, cause I hate flies...

Auktor

Reaction score

This theory developed from the following
a full good pure character who developed flies by sleepingin the drowned farm. Prior to laying down, flyless. On waking there were flies. Coruption has been well documented as being irrelevant to flies. Clothing has been noted as has long periods without sleeping.

Is it so far fetched to beleive the game that tracks groin shots may have a mechanic for clenliness or jankiness?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Auktor;363805 said:
Is it so far fetched to beleive the game that tracks groin shots may have a mechanic for clenliness or jankiness?

No, but I believe what my wealth of Fable experience leads me to believe. Show me pictures of a pure character with flies or a corrupt character without them, and I might not be quite as skeptical.

Dogmeat_17

vulgerthrust
Reaction score

i think the flies are all about corruption, i have a full good/pure hero, and i have never once seen flies

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

did you even bother reading any or the last post?