• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Journey looks Mildly Impressive, thoughts?

BenBalverineSlayer

Reaction score
Alright, now I'm as skeptical of the Journey as any other Fable TLC hardcore fan, but after looking at some screenshots that recently came out, I genuinely think this might be interesting. We're getting alot of what I wanted in my Fable 4 post in terms of new lands and new enemies, we're really EXPLORING in this one, and if the combat is terrible, I think I'm willing to slog through it in order to see some of the places and creatures in these screens

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-05-fable-the-journey-screenshots

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
How it looks are one thing, its how it controls that most people are having the issue with and it being a Kinect exclusive game.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I see what looks like Hobbes on bulls. What is this and why can't I have one?

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
How it looks are one thing, its how it controls that most people are having the issue with and it being a Kinect exclusive game.

This, really. It's like I said in the other thread, every time I look at screens of this game I forget that it's an on rails Kinect game. If it used a gamepad instead and more depth was added into all aspects, then I would be genuinely interested.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
This, really. It's like I said in the other thread, every time I look at screens of this game I forget that it's an on rails Kinect game. If it used a gamepad instead and more depth was added into all aspects, then I would be genuinely interested.

It would be really cool is the whole game played like Skyrim but using only magic. First person, huge open world. Ya know? Or you travel from region to region on your horse and carriage (inside is like your lil HUB world) and get off and explore in first person.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
It would be really cool is the whole game played like Skyrim but using only magic. First person, huge open world. Ya know? Or you travel from region to region on your horse and carriage (inside is like your lil HUB world) and get off and explore in first person.

Yeah that'd be pretty neato in a way, but Kingdoms of Amalur looks like the next best thing for those looking for a "what should have been" experience. Which btw, I played the demo awhile back and it turns out to be one of those cases where the demo does an absolute injustice to the final game, so I'm going to have to get my hands on that whenever I get some more money.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Yeah that'd be pretty neato in a way, but Kingdoms of Amalur looks like the next best thing for those looking for a "what should have been" experience. Which btw, I played the demo awhile back and it turns out to be one of those cases where the demo does an absolute injustice to the final game, so I'm going to have to get my hands on that whenever I get some more money.
Iknowthatfeel.jpg