• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Limited Edition Coin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimWhim

Reaction score
Re: The Limited Edition Coin

Wallace;426143 said:
First of homedawg yes their is. Its a triangle like thing, with 3 sides and a base. Each has a number on it.

That's a three sided die, not a four sided die. It has one number on each angle and since there's only three angles to a TRIangle, that would make it a three sided die.

Also remember in the one thing about beginning choices. Pmolly said you can do nothing and everybody dies. Thats pretty much neutral.

And that's technically evil as instead of letting one person die (or several persons), you let them all die and you are, in a way, responsible for all their deaths. Therefore, there is no neutrality you're either good or you're evil. The little alignment bars in the game are easy to manipulate so they're an inaccurate way to truly judge your actual alignment.

VicOnTop

Reaction score

GrimWhim;426140 said:
There is no four sided die.

there are four sided die lol. youve never played d&d have you. its commonly known as d4.

VicOnTop

Reaction score

GrimWhim;426145 said:
That's a three sided die, not a four sided die. It has one number on each angle and since there's only three angles to a TRIangle, that would make it a three sided die.

it is a pyramid

GrimWhim

Reaction score

VicOnTop;426155 said:
there are four sided die lol. youve never played d&d have you. its commonly known as d4.

Don't double post. And yes, it may have four sides but it's extremely unreliable as it doesn't roll the same way the other dice do.

But yes, I used to play Dungeons & Dragons all the time.

VicOnTop

Reaction score

GrimWhim;426159 said:
Don't double post. And yes, it may have four sides but it's extremely unreliable as it doesn't roll the same way the other dice do.

please dont complain ;)

you clearly stated there was no such thing as a 4 sided die

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Guys, stop getting off-topic. This thread is about the Fable III - Limited Edition coin, not about your silly debate about dices. Take it to PM.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

VicOnTop;426164 said:
please dont complain ;)

you clearly stated there was no such thing as a 4 sided die

Not complaining, merely stating facts. ;)

Yes and I was wrong. It happens sometimes.

VicOnTop

Reaction score

GrimWhim;426171 said:
Not complaining, merely stating facts. ;)

Yes and I was wrong. It happens sometimes.

may i rub it in? :)

and im sorry for double posting

GrimWhim

Reaction score

VicOnTop;426175 said:
may i rub it in? :)

and im sorry for double posting

Rub what in? That was I wrong? Yes, I'm a human being and therefore I am as capable of making errors as you... well, maybe less so.

But feel free to do so, it makes you look bad, not me.

enactment11

Chicken Rebel
Reaction score

Actually, there are 4 sided die.
3 sided die per se do not exist because it is physically impossible to make a complete 3d object with 3 sides. The best is a triangular prism I guess, with the triangular sides the smallest sides and the rectangular sides, long. But even that isn't a true "die".
I think the best solution for a 3 sided die is a six sided die but each outcome has 2 sides. Since each side has a 1/6 probability, each outcome will have an equal 1/3 chance of success.
For the triangular prism however, there is a chance, since it is literally based on a rolling mechanism of sorts, that it can be controlled by the roller.
There are 4 sided die, in which it would be a triangular based pyramid.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

enactment11;426182 said:
3 sided die per se do not exist because it is physically impossible to make a complete 3d object with 3 sides. The best is a triangular prism I guess, with the triangular sides the smallest sides and the rectangular sides, long. But even that isn't a true "die".
I think the best solution for a 3 sided die is a six sided die but each outcome has 2 sides. Since each side has a 1/6 probability, each outcome will have an equal 1/3 chance of success.
For the triangular prism however, there is a chance, since it is literally based on a rolling mechanism of sorts, that it can be controlled by the roller.

You're a little late, bro.

VicOnTop

Reaction score

enactment11;426182 said:

and no one else may accuse grim of being wrong than me! your stealing my thunda

Reaction score

cant wait to get my coin ill be using it to make choices in one of my play threws it will be pychotic

Reaction score

Syth the old one;426221 said:
cant wait to get my coin ill be using it to make choices in one of my play threws it will be pychotic

What if You don't like the choice the coin ends up with? :unsure:

Reaction score

It's not about weather you like or dont the outcome thats what chance is all about it's about taking the choice out of your own hands and putting it into a compleatly unbiased selected option. It will be interesting to see the conflicting world that is shaped threw complete chance. =D

GrimWhim

Reaction score

HomicidialFrog;426237 said:
This reminds me of Two-Face so much...

For the love of Christ, yes. I've already mentioned Two-Face and was in fact the first person to mention it.

Syth the old one;426225 said:
It's not about weather you like or dont the outcome thats what chance is all about it's about taking the choice out of your own hands and putting it into a compleatly unbiased selected option. It will be interesting to see the conflicting world that is shaped threw complete chance. =D

Indeed! You're not letting yourself choose but instead you are leaving matters in the hand of dear Lady Luck... or perhaps fate. I can't tell if there's any real difference.

But yes, I do plan on using that coin to ultimately decide how my character handles certain events.

Borlax

The Poet
Reaction score

GrimWhim;426159 said:

I rolled a eurocoin and it landed on my 'evil' side. That means that I must correct GrimWhim even further, sorry bud :(

As you can see in the picture below, each side is the exact same shape, there is no real 'base'. That means that each side has got the same chance to be rolled, therefore a four sided dice is actually reliable.

A coin throw has decided that I would go off-topic, and therefore I am not off-topic. :angel:
PIC:
D4Render.jpg

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Borlax;426244 said:
I rolled a eurocoin and it landed on my 'evil' side. That means that I must correct GrimWhim even further, sorry bud :(

As you can see in the picture below, each side is the exact same shape, there is no real 'base'. That means that each side has got the same chance to be rolled, therefore a four sided dice is actually reliable.

A coin throw has decided that I would go off-topic, and therefore I am not off-topic. :angel:

D4Render.jpg

This line represents how much I care. ~> -

Yes, that's right, just enough to post this message.

Status
Not open for further replies.