• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Theresa - Conspiracy?

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
Re: Theresa - Conspiracy?

The Heroes are in no way immortal.

It was made subtly clear that heroes have bones far tougher than the average person. That's why they can recover from such great falls.

Thats it.

:)

Lupus

Reaction score

Heroes are not immortal but it is not a stretch to say that they are hardier than others. They are descended for the first Archon and it's only fitting that such power is filtered down. I think to work out Theresa's motives you need to think about things from the point of view of the author of the story (as it is in essence an interactive story). The story arc has been planned however will not be set in stone. Theresa in my opinion is not evil but as stated above is a force of "chaotic good". Another point is that she is a powerful and old seer. She has seen many generations pass (500 years worth) and so will be able to see and plan further than even a normal humans life time. For all we know she may be securing the saving of the world in fable 5 and her actions with the spire actually have no bearing on 2 or 3 but will be felt much further down the line.

So my theory is that as she can see the future and the spire improves this ability allowing her to see many of the same futures. There are events which MUST happen. She is ensuring they happen in a controlled way or the way they should. I see her almost as a guardian and may even be paving the way for something much larger or preparing the world for it further down the line.

Y05H3

Reaction score

Personally I think she's just plain evil, more evident each time I played through the game. Lucien merely listened, probably how he found hammer to begin with, found out you had the music box, knew exactly where the 4 heroes would meet and she just happens to vanish. I question the ability to see the future clearer as her means because let's face it, she already knew exactly where you would fall, so either she's already damn good at seeing the future or she had that much control over the entire situation. Hopefully this gets cleared up in 3, I love the possibilities with the plot.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

As explained in "see the future" DLC, Theresa didn't see the future prior to getting the Spire. She only heard "whispers and followed blindly." She then remarked that she can now see 'all possibles futures,' it's obvious that's one of the reasons she wanted the spire, so that he gift could work better.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

Right, you're all stupid. What's with all the doubt? Of course Theresa is evil she sets every major plot point in motion. She encourages you to buy the music box that leads to your sisters death, then raises you to fight Lucien, comments on how you need "her (Hammer) to find a reason to fight" then her dad is killed by Luciens man. Oh yeah and it turns out she supplied Murgo in the first place. Hmm, yeah i wonder if she has ulterior motives : /

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

Oh and she sets you all up to be captured on Hero hill so the spire can be powered and she can use it

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

Well, thank you Blestb for A) Failing to insult us and B) Telling us what we've been discussing in this very thread.

Cryin' out loud..........

byLifeCamera

Reaction score

THIS SOLVES EVERYTHING. Thereasa can see the future. It explains everything! she was acting all suspicious because SHE CAN SEE THE FUTURE. She KNOWS everything! She's more than 500 YEARS OLD... she used to work for BANDITS and she is completely supernatural, i think all of you forget that this is the world of ALBION and not all the rules apply. Look how deep the story goes in Tales of Albion...there is much more to this than greed and power, its not all oak tree's and immortal dogs.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

This whole thread is pointless! It's like discussing whether Sauron is evil

Cain

Reaction score

Blestb shut up, you can't compare theresa to sauron. Sauron is a creature who hates all other life, Theresa is a very old woman with mysterious motives. I have nothing wrong with you voicing your opinion on the matter, thats what forums are for. But trying to enforce your views on everybody else angers me and so I am telling you to shut up until you can discuss this in a mature way.

I don't see how any of these things make her evil. For all you know she could be doing a minor evil for the greater good. byLifecamera, you did read the bit where somebody said that theresa could only hear whispers and then when she got the spire she could see all possible futures.

@mjmarin12 Its not a big plot hole they simply got overrun by villagers. They aren't gods, they are just tougher than the average human. That dosen't stop them from being killed by a couple of hundred villagers

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score

White Knight;389580 said:
Blestb shut up, you can't compare theresa to sauron. Sauron is a creature who hates all other life, Theresa is a very old woman with mysterious motives. I have nothing wrong with you voicing your opinion on the matter, thats what forums are for. But trying to enforce your views on everybody else angers me and so I am telling you to shut up until you can discuss this in a mature way.

I don't see how any of these things make her evil. For all you know she could be doing a minor evil for the greater good. byLifecamera, you did read the bit where somebody said that theresa could only hear whispers and then when she got the spire she could see all possible futures.

@mjmarin12 Its not a big plot hole they simply got overrun by villagers. They aren't gods, they are just tougher than the average human. That dosen't stop them from being killed by a couple of hundred villagers

That is true but still....The heroes could have blasted them away with Will power or something.....

idi0tik

Arseface
Reaction score

mjmarin12;389618 said:
That is true but still....The heroes could have blasted them away with Will power or something.....

Perhaps they don't like to kill the people they're supposed to protect?

Cain

Reaction score

I would like to add that many of the people in the heroes guild(The building, which was the main area of attack) are apprentices. There might've been a few heroes, but mostly it was untrained apprentices. I guess the other heroes went into hiding.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

I think she wants The Spire for herself so she can use it against everyone, you don't know if Lucien actually died, you just saw him scream and fall, she could have saved him for all you know. I guess we will see in Fable 3, but I think there's more to her than meets the eye.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score

Sean;389648 said:
I think she wants The Spire for herself so she can use it against everyone, you don't know if Lucien actually died, you just saw him scream and fall, she could have saved him for all you know. I guess we will see in Fable 3, but I think there's more to her than meets the eye.

Well you also shot him.....

I also think there is more to here, I hope Lionhead shows her more in F3

byLifeCamera

Reaction score

White Knight;389580 said:

It's up to your interpetation on what the definition of "whisper" is. She follows where her visions take her. that is why there are mysterious conveniences throughout the entire game. She know's more than what she's letting out, and she is clearly not an evil character with alterior motives. She is a neutral character, and has always been such even as a child. I hardly believe that she wants to take over the world.
@mjmarin-it said they discovered the flintlock mechanism, 500 vllagers with guns can overcome 50 average powered hero's any day. I think you forget that the average hero doesnt have even the slightest ability to learn every single spell offered at the guild. Whisper (the second most taented apprentice during the hero of Oakvales reign) only knew a few spells, while you have the option to learn all of them.)

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

WhiteKnight, let's not forget that Flintlock weapons were the biggest factor in heroes being killed. By then, guns were very new things, and heroes hadn't much of a chance against them.

sirgage0

The Space Lord
Reaction score

So, I just finished playing out another character. Tried going completely neutral this time (Geez, it was difficult). But that's another story. . . .

What IS interesting is after I finished seeing Theresa in the 'See The Future' mission-line, I get back to Murgo. He goes on about blablabla, and then this. . . "Well. Now that you know who my supplier is(talking about Theresa), I might as well give you this. She brought one last thing by". . . . Or something along those lines.
Not really anything important. Except the fact that he tells you -Theresa- is his -supplier-.

Now. It doesn't tell whether or not she has ALWAYS been his supplier. This is all speculative.

But IF she HAS been his supplier for the last 10-15 years, then that means Theresa was the one who gave Murgo the music box.

If Theresa was his supplier at the beginning of the game, then there is NO doubt that she tried to set things into motion.
She was the one who convinced you to buy the thing. But she was also the thing's original owner? A tad bit fishy, if you ask me. . . .

Also, it never tells how Lucien finds out you found the music box. Another clue that Theresa may have been working behind the scenes from the beginning.
I also noticed how quickly Lucien's men got to Oakfield after Hammer and you get through with the water-filling quest.
Also, the shadow-court conspiracy. The fact that they use Theresa's shape as the middle shadow-courter guy not only rises suspicion, but makes sense in the long run of things. . . .

If you add this all up, this is what you have. . . .

Theresa, having supernatural abilities, knows you and your sister are heroes. (Maybe she killed your parents to get you on the streets? Dunno. about that one) She gives Murgo the box, and convinces you to buy it. You use it, and she informs Lucien. Lucien tries killing both of you, but for some reason fails at killing -you-. She walks up rather soon after, and raises you. She sends you off, and tells you about the Spire soon after you return. . .

Here's where the shadowcort stuff comes in. . . .
You are sent to Oakfield, and are told to help Hammer blabla. When you get there, Theresa(being the Shadow-king thing or whateverthehell) sends in the Hollow-men to give her time to tell Lucien to send in some peeps to get rid of Hammer's dad.
As if it was planned (;D), you leave right as Hammer's dad is being provoked. You get into the temple in time to see Hammer slam that **** into the ground. . . .
Next, you get to go find Garth. Theresa gets Lucien to send in some folk to kidnap Garth. This gives the Hero a reason to disappear for ten years. Enough time to plan all sorts of stuff.

You get back, and now Theresa has two of the three hereos. Time for the third!
Being a master of will, I'm sure Theresa messed up the Cullis Gate on purpose. . .
You get to Wraithmarsh, get to fight all sorts of junk, get to Bloodstone, and eventually have to go to the Shadow Court. I dont think Theresa was expecting it, being that she was THERE. . . .
Anyways, you get back, and she calls in the troops. You get to bust the **** out of a shard, and then go to Hero Hill (or whatever it's called). She dissapears, and Lucien shows up. He mentions "he only listened", implying (hypothetically), that he'd just been doing what she said. Or been going off of hints she dropped. Or something. . . .

Then, he shoots your dog and you, you go into a trippy dream, and you come back with the music-box. You use it to kill Lucien, and Theresa takes the Spire. The end. . . .

Just speculations. . . . Make any sense?

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

If Peter Molyneux saw this thread I think he would probably say "That's really cool, man!" No, he would. He talks like that. Really.

It's fantastic we've added all this up, though. Big pat on the back for everyone.

sirgage0

The Space Lord
Reaction score

Lol. I'd like him to lok at the above. . . .

But then again, he'd probably be like "Whoa, man. You put more thought into this than we did, man!"

:p