• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Treyarch: Black Ops will be "Best COD"

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

sfroggy1news.gif

With the future of Modern Warfare unclear, Infinity Ward respawning and Medal of Honor back in the game, Treyarch has thrown down the gauntlet to rivals, stating that Call of Duty: Black Ops "will be the best Call of Duty in the franchise".

The confident words came from Treyarch community manager Josh Olin, speaking to Eurogamer TV in an interview you can watch below.

Olin pointed to the fact that Treyarch had employed separate teams for "the core pillars", multiplayer, co-op and single-player. "It's kind of like three games being developed at once," he said.

The fallout from Activision's public spat with Infinity Ward's former studio heads, who subsequently set up new studio Respawn with other ex-staff, has cast a cloud of uncertainty over the future of the biggest franchise in gaming.

But Olin insisted it has not affected development of Black Ops. "The Infinity Ward situation is unfortunate, but we're not letting it distract us," he said.

For more from Olin, check out Eurogamer TV's Medal of Honor vs. Call of Duty E3 head-to-head below.

INTERVIEW LINK: Treyarch: Black Ops will be "Best COD"

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Treyarch: Black Ops will be "Best COD"

I highly doubt it but lets wait and see, bold words by Treyarch but they havent impressed me yet.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

I'd like to see how this will turn out, to be honest.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

This made me laugh so hard I punched a hole in my wall. It won't be the best. Modern Warfare 2 blew everything out of the water, and destroyed the ratings, completely raping the whole system. More money was gotten from just pre-orders than all money gotten from Halo 3 combined. There's no way, that Treyarch can even come class to Modern Warfare 2, if they do it's cause they copied everything Infinity Ward did, I'm not surprised though. They're cocky about all their games.

Relinquished Reality

Mutilation for Cats!
Reaction score

i don't know. think about this.
Modern Warfare 2 has made over 10 million sales. World at War is almost at 5 million sales.
That is a lot of money if that much is not obvious. With this much money, and the consistency of their production, Black Ops will for sure have amazing graphics (we know that much) But with all of this, the game should be good. I mean... you can do so much! No doubt a crap load of black ops games will be sold. So they will be making a whole lot of money. With (basically endless) money like this, the game better be good.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

I've seen several levels, I'm not impressed with the graphics.

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

Honestly i thought this was the biggest load of bull**** when i first saw it and i'm loving the reactions :lol:

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Sean;401890 said:
This made me laugh so hard I punched a hole in my wall. It won't be the best. Modern Warfare 2 blew everything out of the water, and destroyed the ratings, completely raping the whole system. More money was gotten from just pre-orders than all money gotten from Halo 3 combined. There's no way, that Treyarch can even come class to Modern Warfare 2, if they do it's cause they copied everything Infinity Ward did, I'm not surprised though. They're cocky about all their games.

In terms of sheer mistakes and developer failure?

Twas overhyped to the extreme and we were made to believe it would redesign the whole FPS genre, it didn't, the campaign was mediocre and unoriginal, the Co-Op function was raped and lynched, Multiplayer was extremely buggy (And still is uneven and slightly bugged, several months AFTER release). Plus as far as money amassed goes, the Halo games were Xbox Exclusives, MW2 is on on every major platform, excluding the graphically inferior Wii.

In a later post you mentioned graphics, graphics do not make the game, the only reason I would care about graphics is the cinematic scenes, CoD games have no formal cinematics.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Beat Modern Warfare 1? You joking? I doubt it. You know what, I'll make a deal. If I find the game better than Modern Warfare 1, I will blow Mr. Olin.

Just remember the epic scene will riding in a chopper to the cargo ship with the storm goin' crazy and Price just chillin' there with a cigar.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Firis;401971 said:
In terms of sheer mistakes and developer failure?

Twas overhyped to the extreme and we were made to believe it would redesign the whole FPS genre, it didn't, the campaign was mediocre and unoriginal, the Co-Op function was raped and lynched, Multiplayer was extremely buggy (And still is uneven and slightly bugged, several months AFTER release). Plus as far as money amassed goes, the Halo games were Xbox Exclusives, MW2 is on on every major platform, excluding the graphically inferior Wii.

In a later post you mentioned graphics, graphics do not make the game, the only reason I would care about graphics is the cinematic scenes, CoD games have no formal cinematics.

I mentioned graphics cause the dude above me talked about the graphics being better.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^Forgiving the fact you could not retort what I said, Black Ops does have better graphics, as if it mattered.