• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Video Game Dreams

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score
Alright so basically, we all have that video game we want to see happen.
I figured, lets share that stuff around with each other for fun.
So I want you here to name that video game you want to see and explain it.
Name Concepts and mechanics and other stuff about it.
If it is really long, like mine, just keep it in a spoiler tag with a title.

Ninja Game
Video game idea **** 1/2/11

Ninja video game

Game stuff:

Clothing-

Affects Blending in.
Either through camouflage
or disguises
Clothes bought from store
or obtained through Missions/Quests
Differen't areas carry different clothes
Different clothing have different
carrying capacity for items

Stealing-

Through pickpocketing before missions
during missions w/ disguise
or looting safes etc.

Items-
Weapons-

Obtained from stores or
missions/quests
Adds to disguise
and camouflage
Tools-
Obtained through missions/quests
or stores.
Can add to Camouflage and disguise

Enemy Contact-

One hit kill rewards for stealth
(Most Bosses unnafected)
Can steal outfit for duration of mission
Can loot for items
Hide body to prevent alertion or
make visible to lure
One hit kill reward for perfect combos
(Boss unaffected)
Disguise is lost when detected.
(only for NPCs that have seen)
Other NPCs are alerted
Battle is simple, attack or run away
After running away NPCs are on alert
Alert-
Different Levels
Reset every mission
Can't be lowered during mission

Missions-

Types-

Assassination-
Kill one specific target
Some missions will fail of other NPCs are killed
Sometimes target will be unknown
Gather Information in determining target
(From base knowledge and asking NPCs)
Can kill target through accident to prevent Alert

Elimination-
Eliminate a certain group of NPCs.
Just the group not necessarily other kinds of NPCs
Targets may be blended in area and/or in diguise
Gather info in determining targets
(From Base Knowledge and NPCs)

Stealing-
Steal certain Items/Documents
Could be hid someplace or carried by NPC.
Gather info on where/who the item is with

Interrogate-
Corner target into secluded zone
Begin Interrogation
May have to knockout enemy with items
and carry into secluded zone,
or lure with items

Kidnap-
Similar to Stealing and Interrogate
A partner follows you in this mission
Partner Dies = Mission Fails
Target Dies = Mission Fails
Knockout enemy and carry him with partner to exit
Either Carry target or give to partner

Inspired by Tenchu Series, Hitman Series, Assassins Creed Series, And Metal Gear Solid Series

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
i only dream of video games when i'm addicted to the point of obsession...like, i would rather have played it all night, but because i'm asleep i dream about it instead. the last game this happened with was...probably kingdom hearts.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Dead Rising but on a massive scale and an MMO, for my 360.
Basically like Urban Dead but FPS for Consoles.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score
Dead Rising but on a massive scale and an MMO, for my 360.
Basically like Urban Dead but FPS for Consoles.
Yoooo
I had a very similar Idea.
I was watching the movie Zombieland a while back, and was thinking they should make an open world sandbox zombie game possibly called zombieland. Basically GTA except with zombies

Monrizzo

Swagger Stick.
Reaction score
An Assassin's creed type game, but set in WW2 in Germany, and you play the role of______who is part of the German reisitance and your main goal is the assassination of Hitler and the end of the war.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
If I had a Star Wars version of Fable, I would never leave my house again.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
This is a true story.
I was waiting for my brother, who was my ride, to get to his truck outside of campus after school. He was taking a long time so I decided to lay down in the bed of the truck. I dozed off and the dream that followed was unforgettable. I was in the map "Skidrow" from MW2 and I was looking through the window of the building with the merry go round in the front when I got a killstreak reward. I called it in to find that it was a GIANT FREAKING ORANGE TRICERATOPS WITH HELICOPTER BLADES ON ITS BACK WHO BROKE THROUGH THE WALL OF ONE OF THE BUILDINGS!!! I just kept seeing "+ 100" pop up in my vision. Epic.

Lucky Strike

Reaction score
Never had a dream.. I tend to think of a game (especially fable -as i play it now) before falling asleep though..

As for a dream that i want to make true.. Well.. More games with fable style :p Big shock right??

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
I want a game that has all the features and basic elements that fable tlc has, but with better graphics, lots of wildlife, more realistic plants, time, and weather systems, more dragons, more legendary creatures. and abilities to build and rebuild and take down buildings, bridge, towns, cities, and other structures. and to rule the way I want to rule. and also mounts, dragons, horses, nimbus clouds and whatnot. and make it an mmorpg. with a practically limitless world of awesome.

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing an AC game set during and after the English civil war with Oliver Cromwell as a Templar master.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
I want a game that has all the features and basic elements that fable tlc has, but with better graphics, lots of wildlife, more realistic plants, time, and weather systems, more dragons, more legendary creatures. and abilities to build and rebuild and take down buildings, bridge, towns, cities, and other structures. and to rule the way I want to rule. and also mounts, dragons, horses, nimbus clouds and whatnot. and make it an mmorpg. with a practically limitless world of awesome.

You hooked me at Nimbus clouds :wub:

My dream game is pertty much the same concept as Butts'. But mine would have plethoras of customation, Ive always wanted to be able to customize my character all the way down to the bone. A game like Fable and Assassins Creed mixed together would be a good combination. Everything that Fable has to offer plus the deep, gripping story and action (plus time period jumps) that Assassins Creed brings. Another thing that would please me is multiple outcomes, choices, sacrifices, victories, faliures etc. This way players could come back with a different playing styles.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
You hooked me at Nimbus clouds :wub:

My dream game is pertty much the same concept as Butts'. But mine would have plethoras of customation, Ive always wanted to be able to customize my character all the way down to the bone. A game like Fable and Assassins Creed mixed together would be a good combination. Everything that Fable has to offer plus the deep, gripping story and action (plus time period jumps) that Assassins Creed brings. Another thing that would please me is multiple outcomes, choices, sacrifices, victories, faliures etc. This way players could come back with a different playing styles.
Okay, let me revise my list after a bit more thought and your post, kinda abreviated though:
Seaspns
mounts
wildlife
time system
crime system
everything tlc has
better graphics
climbing on buildings
ability to jump
almost everything customizable
character, spell, and potion customization much like oblivion and fallout 3's with more options and outcomes.
limitless world of awesome
mmorpg
better plants (fruit, growth death ect.)
better death system
your own personal city within the realm in which to completely customize down to furniture and quests.
better, cooler enemies
lots o dragon, friendly and hostile
more ultra powerful individuals then just yourself.
more realistic consequences of actions. (dont fund city, city literally crumbles and you have to restart and/ or rebuild from current condition. Plants and eventually forests with creatures and stuff will grow over a long abandoned city.)
all the good stuff from fable 2 and 3
a gui similar to fallouts with a pause menu similar to fable 3.

thats all I can think of now.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
My dream game would be one that one that contains my story. 'cause it's EPIC. I'm still considering doing an RP about some sub-part of it.

Enn-eeh-wae, it would have a deep, dramatic, funny, and enticing story. The main character starts of as a regular kid on Earth, and ends up a powerful magician. I will not repeat the stuff of customization and open worlds, because I just said that I want that. Instead, let me tell you something about the magic element in the game (that, in my wildest dream becomes true. Otherwise I just wrote a story for nothing, but myself).

NOTE: Read only if you are really interested for an explanation on how magic is possible (well, part of it), because it's a LARGE piece of text. And it only tells a little of what would be in that game, and for the rest jsut thoughts behind how it's possible...
Mana is the very basic fabric of everything in existence. It should be clear, from this point forward, that if you go down and down on the scale of particles, and go from molecules to atoms, from atoms to nucleons/electrons, to quarks... Well, eventually you'd come across something that you can't really see. But it's the structure of mana. The way atoms are put together make for different molecules, with the exact same atoms. The same counts for mana. Also, if there is no mana, it is nothing. Out of existence; not even the concept 'empty' or 'zero' applies there.
Now, mana is but one thing. It's not matter or energy, or their dark versions; mana is its own class, and the most basic form of everything. It flows around, swirling from higher concentrations to lower, sometimes making the structures, that make up everything else. If a structure is changed; what was at the place of that structure, will be something different. Also, while matter stays at rest, or some movement, the mana that is in you, now, or that computer you are using, is different at the end of this sentence. Only the structure remained at place. Now, it's quite obvious there are many different structures, since it makes everything. But 'everything', is not just matter. It's also gravity, energy, and even time. Mana flows naturally, and all pieces come together, in the beginning coincidentally, to make everything. ''Whuat?''. In the space between universes (Yes, I'm using the Bubble-universe theory) is a space, which is often considered infinite, filled with raw mana. It has NO structure, and just swirls around, heavily. Sometimes, on rare occasions, That mana clashes into each other in such a way that a universe can be created. From the point where that happened, the Big Bang starts, and the universe starts to grow. The edge of the universe already has a structure, and when it grows, it's structure becomes larger, taking more mana into itself. Within the universe, the same things might happened that you have learned. Well, they mostly do. Let's look at the planet Earth, from the beginning, to explain something later. It started of rocky, and was fed the right amount of lightning, lava and water. Now, since the moment life was created, there was roughly only one way to could go, if nothing outside of that system intervened with it. If it just takes it course, and develops only from the inside out, it's 'natural'. If something happens from the outside in, to alter that process, it's 'cultural'. Up until the point the humans were born, everything happened natural. However, when the humans (or even some primates, or other species, in their own way - though, at a low level) learned certain things, they could bend their surroundings to their will. A piece of would wouldn't naturally combine with a piece of rock, to form a spear. We did it, so it's cultural. Much later in time: houses don't just appear when nature flows. It's cultural. If another system intervenes with the natural flow, to make it different, it's cultural. Do note that if that cultural something is still close to nature, it is easier to do. However, if you want to build an airplane from scratch, it's rather far away from nature, so it takes MUCH more effort. -
Back onto mana, and the universe. All mana is the same, they only differ in structure. Now, since they all should follow the same natural flow, only changed by cultural influence, or coincidental things, most universes should end up, somewhat like ours. The species are never exactly the same, and the color of things may differ, and the strength of the four powers of the universe, one of which is gravity. But because they all follow a natural way, the universes are actually comparable to ours. (I think this is, in my story, a valid excuse for having things the same as in our universe). That’s why you will be able to understand, although study may be required, what's going on, and what is in other planes of existence. You won't be completely surprised by the weird things of another nature, because the mana structure began the same way, and ended up not too different. -
Onto the actual magic. Notice I talked about 'the natural flow of mana', rather than 'magic'. That is because magic is only to bend mana to your will, and create your own structures. Magic is cultural and not natural (even though nature allows magic to happen). If a person casts a spell, it’s something that wouldn’t just happen out of nothing. It was an unnatural change to the natural structure of mana. This way you can create lightning, fire, wind and earthquakes, where they normally wouldn’t just appear. Do not, however, that these spells are close to nature. They do happen all the time, so it’s not too hard to do it. But the spells that are farther away from nature are stronger. All it takes to create an abacus is some wood, maybe some metal, put them together in a simple form, and maybe even paint it. A calculator, or a computer is MUCH stronger, but they are also much harder to make. All it takes to make a torch, to see in the dark, is to take a piece of wood, put something in it that can burn, and set it on fire. But a light bulb, or something like that, lasts much longer. Though, it’s harder to make. The same counts for magic and its spells. Luckily, we don’t have to think too much about it, to make it happen. In Fable and other games, I saw you can create unnatural things like floating swords, and summoning your own minion. They do this just as easily as natural things like fireballs. I don’t know how they do it, but in my story there’s an explanation. Those spells are premade. There is a story about how that was done, and all, but I won’t go into that. Point is, you can just cast that spell, without thinking too much about bending it to your will. How does this happen? You can compare a sort of invisible magical network, all across the multiverse, to the internet. You ‘download’ a spell you know (on the internet something like an image, or a ZIP file), and open it. You may have already learnt how to use it, though. Anyway, the system recognizes what you’re doing, since you are still mainly casting the spell. You are the magician. But those people that premade those spells made it so that we don’t have to fight against the natural flow of mana, too much (This is how spells can be added, that don’t look like nature created it. Something like burning feathers, or a monster that consists of lightning, or a javelin with shining runes all over it, or-).

There’s MUCH more to it, and it should all make sense. It explains how magic is possible, and does not fight our logic. Even souls and auras are real, in this case, and it works. But I won’t go into that, now.

TL;DR - You can't haz caek.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Right before Fable II came out, I had an actual dream that is was basically a mix of Fable and Morrowind. I was running around this place that looked like Seyda Need with my Fable character and my dog, and it was pretty cool.

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score
I would like to see a game composed of mundane tasks, such as:

1. Going to the grocery store.

2. Going on a date.

3. Buying a house.

4. Going to work.

I am no hypocrite, so I will explain why I have a problem with mundane tasks in the Fable series:

Fable is a FANTASY game. In a FANTASY world.

My dream game is set in a realistic world, and would be a true to life game.

It would have a huge world and you would have no real storyline. You would create your own with what you are given.

Reaction score
I would like to see a game composed of mundane tasks, such as:

1. Going to the grocery store.

2. Going on a date.

3. Buying a house.

4. Going to work.

I am no hypocrite, so I will explain why I have a problem with mundane tasks in the Fable series:

Fable is a FANTASY game. In a FANTASY world.

My dream game is set in a realistic world, and would be a true to life game.

It would have a huge world and you would have no real storyline. You would create your own with what you are given.

I can see the benefits, realistic choices to make but without the real life consequences. Sort of a 'what if scenerio' with perfectly plausible outcomes if You know what I mean.