• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Village Maker options

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilencerNate

Reaction score
Since we have a couple weeks to wait on Fable 3, and I'm sure there's plenty of people here with nothing but time on their hands, I thought it might be a good idea to figure out the various options for the Village Maker. Its clear that based on your options, you can make a monk-type villager, a prostitute, a beggar, etc.

My idea is to find which answers give which traits. If anyone would like to help, feel free to.
The link for the Village Maker: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/splash/f/fable3/villagermaker.htm

Here's my findings and speculations on the various answers. Please include your ideas and opinions. Note that the "#.0" lines are purely my opinion, and I have no proof to back them up (yet!) If anyone would like to go through the various options to find exactly which answers leads to what traits, I would be glad to update this thread. That's the whole concept and idea behind putting this all down.

There are 8 Questions which shape your villager:

1: Gender - chooses the gender of the villager
Options - Male / Female

2: Name - (Has no bearing on traits)
Options - Any

3.0: Changes the appearance and clothes of your villager. As far as I can tell, it does not make a difference of the traits.

3.1: "Where was s/he born?"
a) Bowerstone Market
b) Bowerstone Industrial
c) Bowerstone Castle
d) Mistpeak Dweller Camp
e) Brightwall Village
f) Mill Fields
g) Mourningwood

4.0: Appeals to the Good/Evil, law-abiding/breaking morals of the character.

4.1: "Discovering a beggar on his/her doorstep, CHAR tells him:"
a) Please, take this. You need it more than I do.
b) 'Will work for food.' eh? I have some 'work' you can do, hot stuff.
c) I don't think you fully grasp the meaning of the word 'beg', but you're about to.

4.2: "There's a man dancing in the street, trying to make money from passer bys, CHAR says:"
a) You dance beautifully. Wonder how you'll do with one broken kneecap?
b) Nice moves, but do you mind? I'm working this side of the street.
c) Bravo! Please, take this necklace as a token of my esteem.
d) you really know how to move that body. What do you say move it back to my place?

4.3: "CHAR catches a burglar rummaging through her drawers, and instinctively says:"
a) I won't be terrorized by criminal scum like you! I'm going to...go get the guards. Wait here!
b) I'm honored you selected my home as the final house you'll ever rob. Any last words?
c) Vickers, deliver this miscreant to Matthews at the factory. Tell him I want double the usual rate -- this fellow looks healthy.
d) This can go easy or hard friend. I recommend you save your energy for your trial.

5.0: Further develops good/evil traits based on temper/aggressiveness

5.1: Tarquin the Tailor offers CHAR a discount. CHAR responds with:
a) Oh, that's sweet... If only I had some gold, I would surely use it.
b) I don't have to try anything on, do I? Fitting rooms are breeding grounds for disease, plus I don't like confined spaces.
c) What's the brightest color you've got? I like my enemies to know I'm coming for them.
d) I'd love to try something on. And then maybe you could tear it off.

5.2: A dinner guest becomes argumentive and brandishes the carving knife angrily, prompting CHAR to say:
a) I'm sorry its n-not to your liking. I could m-make you a sandwich...
b) No need to be rash. What say we talk this out over dessert?
c) That supposed to scare me? I've seen worse at kids' birthday parties.

5.3: CHAR is in the library, perusing the fine range of literature. What does s/he select?
a) The Adventures of Bert the Beggar and his Magical Bunion
b) Big Romance: The Many Armed Beast of Passion
c) Silver Fist: The Art of Balverine Pugilism
d) Man vs. Cockerel: Dealing with Poultry-based Anxiety

6.0: Does your villager sleep around? Multiple partners? Kinky?

6.1: CHAR catches his/her partner in bed with the Town Crier, and immediately says:
a) I'm done with you. In fact, I'm done with everyone.
b) Going to be awfully difficult shouting the news with no tongue.
c) We need to talk about this after you're finished. I'll put the kettle on -- milk and sugar for you both?
d) I wouldn't have thought that was physically possible. Slide over, and show me how you do that.

6.2: CHAR visits his/her new favorite shop and says to the propietor:
a) Have you got any second-hand socks? They needn't match.
b) I want to pick up a few gifts for some romantic partners... Is this everything you have? Hmm, I may need to pop in next door as well.
c) I like the way you've lowered the prices on all the things I want to buy. Nice to see a shopkeeper who values his personal safety.
d) I'll take everything you have, plus the building and the land its on. You can call me 'Boss.'

6.3: CHAR has decided it's time to refurnish his/her house. S/he tells the decorator:
a) I'd like the conservatory to employ the same hues as the grand salon.
b) These chairs seem sturdy enough, but how do you restain the occupant? Have you got any with ring-bolts?
c) I liked the style of my old bed, but there was only room for four people.
d) All this carpeting will have to come up; this is where I'll keep the strays until I've found them homes.

7.0: How well with money is your villager? Rich/poor? Charitable/selfish?

7.1:CHAR is moving house. S/he tells the postmaster to forward his/her mail to:
a) The ditch behind the fish stall. You know, they throw out plenty of perfectly good bits!
b) My secure bunker, located sixty feet beneath...actually, I'd rather not tell you where it is.
c) Duckworth Manor. This document contains the names of all the servants authorised to recieve packages on my behalf.
d) The Lonesome Hill Monastery. Though I don't expect much post.

7.2: Gordon the tax collector is knocking at the door again. CHAR tells him:
a) So kind of the sovereign to send me a delivery of gold. Now hand it over.
b) This kingdom doesn't need gold -- it needs love. and you're first in line.
c) Um... Be right there, just looking for my purse... maybe its through this back door here!
d) I used all my loose cash in a rather impulsive business transaction, but here -- this diamond-encrusted chafing dish ought to cover it.

7.3: A noble man from Bowerstone Castle invites CHAR to a high-society banquet. CHAR responds:
a) I shall be honored to serve the guests at your banquet.
b) Banquet eh? Look, why don't we skip the games and take this to the next level right now?
c) Oh, I would, however, I am hosting a gala that evening myself. I don't recall your name on the invitation list, actually.
d) Sounds like a lot of lords and ladies with weak spines and big, juicy purses. I'll be there.

8.0: Sexuality- is your villager gay/straight/bi/other/none?

8.1: If a friend were looking for a new hobby, CHAR might recommend:
a) Buying houses and evicting tenants. It's not just good business, its good fun!
b) Charity Pie making. Everyone likes pie, especially those with nothing else to eat.
c) Prostitution. Business, pleasure... why seperate the two?
d) Defenestration. But you have to be decisive, or you might miss your window.

8.2: After researching his/her family tree, CHAR discovers the identity of his long lost uncle:
a) Bungo the Mad, who believed his unwanted byname was hurtful, undeserved, abd bestowed upon him by a malicious pond lily.
b) Rupert the Monk, worshipper of light.
c) Boris the Interest Rate Derivatives Trader, financial tycoon.
d) Colin the Craven, who overcame his persistant fear of light by shutting his eyes really, really tightly.

8.3: CHAR attends the monthly dating ight at the tavern. Who does s/he pick?
a) Hermione the wealthy merchant.
b) Morris the stable boy.
c) Bryl the hapless inventor.
d) All of the above, and is there anyone else who isn't paired up?
e) No one. S/he came here to drink, not to socialize.

Expyre

Reaction score
I would like to find some of this information out, I'll be doing a lot more to see what other options I get.

Answers

1. Male
2. [Name]
3. Bowerstone Castle
4. You dance beautifully, Wonder how you'll do with one broken kneecap?
5. Silver Fist: The Art of Balverine Pugilism
6. Going to be awfully difficult shouting the news with no tongue.
7. Sounds like a lot of lords and ladies with weak spines and big, juicy purses. I'll be there.
8. Boris the Interest Rate Derivates Trader, financial tycoon.

Results

• [Name] has a heart full of malice. Easily angered, he takes out his negative emotions on those around him.
  • He can be courageous, sometime dangerously so.
  • A man of some wealth, [Name] knows how to get what he wants some tire of his demanding nature.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
Does anyone else experience the character model not showing up once you reach the final screen before saving your character/starting from scratch? :<

Expyre

Reaction score
Nah, I haven't had that happen to me.

Grymm

Lorenzo Von Matterhorn
Reaction score
Nah, I haven't had that happen to me.
Neither... and I have both a surprisingly crappy computer and incredibly crappy internet connection

Expyre

Reaction score
Answers

1. Male
2. [Name]
3. Bowerstone Market
4. You dance beautifully, Wonder how you'll do with one broken kneecap?
6. I like the way you've lowered the prices on all the things I want to buy. Nice to see a shopkeeper who values his personal safety.
7. Sounds like a lot of lords and ladies with weak spines and big, juicy purses. I'll be there.

Results

• It is easy to get on the bad side of [Name], which is ery bad indeed, even as bad sides go. It's really best to avoid him altogether.
  • He is brave and stalwart, rarely blanching in the face of conflict.
  • A man of some wealth, [Name] knows how to get what he wants some tire of his demanding nature.

Answers

1. Male
2. [Name]
3. Bowerstone Industrial
4. I don't think you fully grasp the meaning of the word 'beg', but you're about to.
6. I liked the style of my old bed, but there was only room for four people
7. Duckworth Manor. This document contains the names of all the servants authorised to receive packages on my behalf.

Results

• [Name] is cruel and malicious, delighting in causing people misery. When he lacks the time or energy to cause misery himself, he will settle for enjoying existing suffering
  • He thrives on his own confidence, boldy accepting challenges that would send most people fleeing.
  • Known throughout town as a flirt, he has tendency toward the raunchy which is admired and despied in equal measure.
  • A man of some wealth, [Name] knows how to get what he wants some tire of his demanding nature

Answers

1. Male
2. [Name]
3. Bowerstone Industrial
4. I'm honored you selected my home as the last place you'll ever rob. Any final words?
5. What's the brightest color you've got? I like my enemies to know I'm coming for them.
6. I like the way you've lowered the prices on all the things I want to buy. Nice to see a shopkeeper who values his personal safety.
7. So kind of the sovereign to send me a delivery of gold. Now hand it over.
8. Buying houses and evicting tenants. It's not just good business, it's good fun.

Results

• He can be courageous, sometimes dangerously so.
  • [Name] is cruel and malicious, delighting in causing people misery. When he lacks the time or energy to cause misery himself, he will settle for enjoying existing suffering
  • [Name] uses his carefully amassed fortune for clearly defined and meticulously planned goals, many of which relate to further increasing said fortune.

Answers

1. Male
2. [Name]
3. Bowerstone Industrial
4. I'm honored you selected my home as the last place you'll ever rob. Any final words?
5. What's the brightest color you've got? I like my enemies to know I'm coming for them.
8. Buying houses and evicting tenants. It's not just good business, it's good fun.

Results
  • He thrives on his own confidence, boldy accepting challenges that would send most people fleeing.
  • [Name] has a heart full of malice. Easily angered, he takes out his negative emotions on those around him.
  • [Name] is well off, which in many situations is a very useful condition, In fact, there is no case in which being wealthy is not tremendously helpful

Reaction score
I did have a question concerning the villager maker, but I'll be sure to get on finding some results as well. Do you think that if we created our villager now and saved it, would it still get through to you whenever you play the game for the first time or should I just wait until the game comes out first?

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
You can't save it without a redemption code, which most should receive withing ten games prior of release, I think.

Grymm

Lorenzo Von Matterhorn
Reaction score
You can't save it without a redemption code, which most should receive withing ten games prior of release, I think.
you're lucky getting it then... I asked when I'd get mine, not until release day

Expyre

Reaction score
I got my redemption code from gamestop, they just scanned a little thing then printed out a receipt for me.

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score
Does anyone else experience the character model not showing up once you reach the final screen before saving your character/starting from scratch? :<
On my Mac yes. Haven't tried my pc

ChristieScott

Reaction score
Honestly I was pretty disappointed when I saw the page... a little limited in its features

ChoYaiwan

Reaction score
In a number of experiments, I have come up with there are 5 catagories of description. Each subtype has 3 (Although I have only seen 2 that imply bisexual)
In need more experiments data, but it seems that if you are able to answer the same 5 questions the exact same way, you can get different exact descriptions (although the match within the same catagory)
(current trials were with answer the 1st answer on all questions, then comparing data)
With more samples, I can give a definite if there are only these possible answers.

Morally: Good (Kind) or Evil (Mean) or Neutral (or whatever is convient)
Bravery or Cowardice
Wealth: Poor or Rich
Flirt or (not flirty)
Attracted to: Opposite Gender or Same Gender or Both (although right now I have only seen 2 different ones for both)

Some notes from what I have seen suggest that giving answers for Brave/Cowardice, Rich/Poor, and Flirty/Not may cancel each other out in final description.
And it appears some of the answers relating to gender preference/Flirt nature (EG The Begger, And Dancer; Both opposite Gender of Villager) may not affect gender interests if givin flirt answer in some later questions (Talor, Tax collector, and Noble's Banquet; All Same Gender of Villiager)

SilencerNate

Reaction score
Honestly I was pretty disappointed when I saw the page... a little limited in its features

There's not a whole lot I can compile without information. Thank you for Expyre and ChoYaiwan for your contributions. However, more importantly now, I need to know the SAVED villager in game stats versus what you input. That way we can make a list for what options give what in game traits. That was the initial idea for this thread. So that people that didn't rush out like I did I save a villager could input the traits they wanted in game perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.