• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Want more gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wulfric

Professional bigot-slayer and redneck-eradicator
Reaction score
Want more gold?

Hey this is Wulfric's money guide :D
(i haven't seen any so please don't shout at me if there are any)
NOTE: most of these are not mine i do not claim any of these for my own i am simply compiling them into 1 guide
P.S. Spoilers... you have been warned!
Legitimate
Jobs: one of the most obvious (you must do a job as soon as you enter Bowerstone) i find that the best jobs are the blacksmiths or bartenders especially when you get high chains. if you are strapped for cash and a new job has come up (bartending or Blacksmith. not woodcutting because it takes to long) then work it until you are satisfied (especially through the night as theres nothing to do anyway. just put some music on)

Bounty hunting: similar to jobs but you kill bandits, trolls (high rank), hobbes and so on (i found that you can sometimes get renown instead of gold but so what you a bit more famous)

Sales and Shortages: this is one of my favourite ones as it gets you the most amount of money the fastest (legitimately) simply look out for sales buy alot of things cheap and then wait fo shortages and sell them high (you tend to get more cash if you buy weapons at a sale and sell to a weapon stall not a general: same trade more cash) alternitavly if you want FAST cash you can buy at a sale and sell to a place without a sale (still a profit)

Economy: now this one i like it is rather simple... bowerstone on average has a 3-4 star economy (buy anything) fairfax gardens has a 4-5 star economy meaning that you get a profit, find the relevant trader and sell all your stuff. You can do this at any point at the game making it a sustainable way to get cash

Augments: if youve been playing for a while you'll have noticed that some augments give you gold for each kill. I find that getting any master weapon with a augment slot and then putting one of these in before the crucible is a good way to get cash(note: redo the crucible with this stratedy to get some cash if youve already done it the first time)

Illegitimate

Crime: This is Probobly the first thing you think of when you start a evil character. It is very simple kill people steal their money (how hard can it be!)

Assasination quests: similar to bounty hunting only you kill people that refuse to co-operate with the criminal underworld (and you get a fair price to)

Civilian displacement: this is simple kidnap peopl (follow expression) and make them go to the camp (never the same place as where the job starts! e.g. bowerstone cemtry it started bower lake delivery) then return to the start point to collect your doe (WARNING: you get a very good income but did you really think you could sell people into slavery and not get evil points!)

Glitches/Tricks/Cheating

Property: now this is probobly one of the most famous ones there is. If youve actually played the game then you know that every 5 minutes you get rent money (5 min real time. even when your not playing) it is simply turning your Xbox internal clock forward a year and getting paid for it dead simple (NOTE: this only works if you are disconected from Xbox live. You can also reuse this by as soon as you got paid plug in Xbox live again and it resets you clock without taking away your cash!)

Owner discounts: if you own a stall you get a 30% discount (average) so buy a stall, buy everything he's got, sell stall (youll probobly lose say 100 gold but it doesn't matter), sell all the stuff you got from the shop now you probobly got 30% profit, good for you (NOTE: this is infinite so you can just keep going)

Rising sun: This is a legendary weapon that you get from the temple of light by donating 500 gold at any time and the 10,000 gold at any time between 12pm and 1pm. another thing you need is a ring and to have got to the part of the "avenge the ghost quest" (i can't remember what its called, i remember you can marry or reject alex) where you can reject or marry alex, now even if your evil marry her but do not set a marital home and do not propose. go to the oakfield demon door and propose in front of it (if your having trouble finding the door check the stickied demon door guide). now go in and set the cottage as your marital home. Now go and get the rising sun. Now go in and then out of the demon door and you should get another rising sun.:D awesome (repeatas desired simply walk in and out again as many times as you want)
(NOTE: this bug fixes itself after you visit the spire (first time) and you do not HAVE to marry Alex just anyone to get in the door, you cannot sell your rising sun's if you have one equipped)

ENJOY:cool:
P.S. anything to add just say!

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
Re: Want more gold?

Nice, but gold is too easy to come by so I don't think this guide is totally needed. Although it is good for such a guide to exist.

+Rep ;)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I have over 13 mil, I need no more gold. :lol:

wulfric

Reaction score

no but its good for newbies! :D (i remember when i was a newbie)

wulfric

Reaction score

Your very welcome :D you are the whole reason i made it... not for people who can't kill things fast enough but for new people that NEED help!

Digital 0sm0sis

Reaction score

Killing things with augments that give you money for each kill is another way to make a fair amount of cash on your travels, going through the Crucible or the new Arena from the See The Future DLC can net you a rather large profit also (with or without the augment you get cash and prizes).

Oh and nice work its always handy to have this info on hand.

wulfric

Reaction score

thnx ive given it a section under "legitimate"

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Dude, heres the easiest way.

1. Get the bowerstone blacksmith to like you lots. Fear helps, too.
2. Buy as many weapons as you can.
3. Go to Fairfax (With economy at *****, which it should be if you havn't done crime).
4. Find a weapons trader (Any weapon trader works). If there isn't one, go out and into Fairfax again.
5. Sell them all. You will have made about a 50% profit.
6. Go back to Bowerstone, buy more.
7. Go back to Fairfax, sell more.
8. Repeat. Sleep if necessary.

Easy and quick. Plus, you can do it at any point in the game.

You can also sell gifts and potions.

wulfric

Reaction score

thnx, i already had something similar in economy under legitimate but with your info i decided to expand a bit
(keep it coming folks every bit helps! :D)

A

ALAW14

i have 13 million gold i want to get to 1 billion

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I find not playing the game for long extended periods of time, after buying large quantities of property gets you a lot of money. :lol:

D

DDX

with the cheat/hax way... wouldn't that hyperinflate the fable II (real life) economy for demand? and that is why gold is worthless >_>?

Dr KillJoy

Dark Paladin
Reaction score

I have 24 million odd couldn't hurt to have a bit more

wulfric

Reaction score

DDX;299278 said:
with the cheat/hax way... wouldn't that hyperinflate the fable II (real life) economy for demand? and that is why gold is worthless >_>?
yes but then you simply wait for the economy to cool down a bit by not playing for a while (which in turn gives you cash if you own property :) )
by the way i did not make this thread for people to reach significant figures
e.g. " i have 950,000 so i might as well get a million" no i made it to help people who have just started and need some cash!:p

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score

im content with earning gold in many ways. I own all of albion and im always fooling around with real estate. I sometimes will do the odd normal job here and there.

adenp9070

Reaction score

i just trade :p easyest way

sirgage0

The Space Lord
Reaction score

EASIEST WAY...Turn on Xbox-Live, and sit around and listen to people talk until some guy says "Giving away money"...
That's how I got my first 100 mil.
I sold a rusty weapon to a guy for my second 100 mil...
So far, Xbox-Live has cheated me into awesomeness.

adenp9070

Reaction score

some people are just too lucky :p

Status
Not open for further replies.