• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WEAPON OF CHOICE: What's going to be yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score
Re: WEAPON OF CHOICE: What's going to be yours?

Hayduke;432880 said:
If the magic system is anything like Fable II's I will mostly just use slow time.

It's not in Fable 3 amigo.

I wish they had a temporary invincibility spell or some such. Like devil time or whatever it's called from Devil May Cry.

Lithary

Reaction score

Gakoyu Ojima;432483 said:
I disagree. In-fact, I like the idea of pre-mature ageing due to use of Will. If they didn't implement it before, it doesn't mean they won't in the future. Perhaps they try to make things more "realistic". Most wizards I've seen in both fantasy and books (read, in that case) have an appearance of an old, withered personage.

It would be odd to have a handsome-looking, young person as an (extremely) experienced wizard/mage.

Erm, there are a lot of normal looking mages is history of fantasy.
They are not some teenage boy/girls, but they look like normal people in their late 30's - early 40's.
And why would one stick to that stereotype old mages with long bear and stuff.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

Lithary;432927 said:
Erm, there are a lot of normal looking mages is history of fantasy.
They are not some teenage boy/girls, but they look like normal people in their late 30's - early 40's.
And why would one stick to that stereotype old mages with long bear and stuff.
What I mean to say is, is that there is more than one type of spellcaster; so to limit us to one stereotype is contradicting that realism and the freedom they speak so highly of.
Granted, fantasy is there to expand ones' world of imagination, and use such. Of course it'd be silly to restrict players to one style of playing -- as a mage, in this case. However, while fantasy delivers many options, you should still keep in mind that having a 25 year-old mage would be silly to have as an (extremely) experienced mage.

Surely one could be a mage at that age, but I doubt as experienced. I know I said the obvious here. And no, I don't consider a beard stereotypical per se.

What if Peter allowed choices between these things? E.g. take into account what you do with your spells, and morph accordingly?

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

Katana style sword, and clockwork pistol

Narwhal...OF DEATH

Reaction score

I wouldn't mind like a dagger or somethin...*Manly cough*
I mean err...A big Axe!! Yeahh

Lithary

Reaction score

Gakoyu Ojima;432935 said:
Granted, fantasy is there to expand ones' world of imagination, and use such. Of course it'd be silly to restrict players to one style of playing -- as a mage, in this case. However, while fantasy delivers many options, you should still keep in mind that having a 25 year-old mage would be silly to have as an (extremely) experienced mage.

Surely one could be a mage at that age, but I doubt as experienced. I know I said the obvious here. And no, I don't consider a beard stereotypical per se.

What if Peter allowed choices between these things? E.g. take into account what you do with your spells, and morph accordingly?

Well that's true that it is logical that actually experience mage is expected to be older and not a 20 years old brat, but that's not only with magic.
If you are an experienced sword/gun user it is expected from you to be older person and not some kid.
The older you are, more experience you have and you are better at things you do.
The point is that everyone should age equally. :)
Also, it is more logical to see a young mage because he might actually be old, but put a spell on himself to make him young again, haha. :D

Soldato Romano

The Darkness
Reaction score

A combination of melee, ranged, and magic.

Fable, I believe, was the only game to truly support classes, such as warrior, rogue, and mage. Fable 2 made the move toward a new direction, and Fable 3 is finalizing the shift toward said direction. Sticking to one style basically limits your gameplay, because none of the styles, when used individually, has enough depth to keep things fresh and exciting. Even the developers said, on the subject of Fable 3, that the gameplay is designed around the concept of using all 3 styles.

You can favor one style over the rest, but focusing on any one exclusively will leave you with a shallow combat experience.

Also, on the topic of magic/aging. I don't believe it was ever stated that magic ages your character. It was said that using magic will affect your character's complexion, which does not instantly translate to aging, or wrinkling, complexion refers to the appearance of the skin, texture and color, so it can mean anything. If they simply meant aging, they would have said such. In a recent interview I saw, Peter said that using magic would cause your character's skin to emit light.

Kazmir

Reaction score

slow mo ruins the game and how is that going to work with co op? It cant

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

I want to be a brutish demonic figure wielding a crude club. Maybe a spiked club, if I'm feeling adventurous

MrNoob

Reaver's Fanatic
Premium
Reaction score

Guns all the way.
In the 17 times that I beat F2, I only have strength maxed out on I think 2 toons
I destroy with guns and I can't wait to see all the new skins and targeting system (if the targeting has changed)

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score

3 choices for me

Scythe

Hammer

Axe

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

Blestb;432897 said:
It's not in Fable 3 amigo.

I wish they had a temporary invincibility spell or some such. Like devil time or whatever it's called from Devil May Cry.

It is there, as a potion though.

Reaction score

I wouldn't mind having a Kilij Sword.

ph-0.jpg

I hope You weapon can morph into one of these, It was used by the Turks aswell as Vlad the Impaler.

Hillbilly88

Reaction score

I seen that episode of Deadliest Warrior too, kilij = BA head chopping offness

Status
Not open for further replies.