• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weird error choco box

Lord-Albion

Lord of Albion
Reaction score
Weird error choco box

I got a weird error with chocobox when i loaded chocobox this error showed up and when i loaded a region in the region editor the same error showed up and when i press ok the chocobox program closes down :S i hope anyone can help me.

the image is below

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
Re: Weird error choco box

Hmm... What were you loading?

Also why is there 4 windows of CBox open? Or is that just the 4 windows of the cBox already open?

Lord-Albion

Lord of Albion
Reaction score

4 windows of cBox 1 is region and one loading (and so on) if you know what i mean. anyway when i start cbox that error shows up than i press ok and it gos away but than when i try to open a region like lookout point i get the same error and i press ok and Cbox closes down. :(

I hope this makes it more clear

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Ah. Something is causing you're cBox to not read your Game.bin file, which of course means it won't be able to load TNGs due to the game.bin having all the information for creature, objects, etc.

I don't actually know how to solve this. Does this error persist even after restarting your computer? Because the best explenation I can think of is that something else is using the game.bin.

Lord-Albion

Lord of Albion
Reaction score

to come back on your question (sorry have been away for som weeks) yes it still does that error even after restarting my computer

D

Dorian Grey

I know nothing about Chocolate Box, but that error (from programming terms).

An external component (something that is not part of the main program, such as a module)

has thrown an exception (means it found that something in the data you were loading had a value that made no sense to it)

which means one of the following: one of the external components (probably part of the OS) that the program was using to process data has an error or the data that you were loading has an error. Try getting a different copy of whatever it was you were loading in, maybe [I'm vague cause I only have know what I'm talking about].

Lord-Albion

Lord of Albion
Reaction score

nah i understand but it doesnt seem to work :(