• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What do you think of when you hear "Norfolk?"

Which Norfolk do you think of when you hear "Norfolk?"

• Total voters

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
EVERYONE HIDE THE FEWD BEFORE CUEEN COMES IN!!

*Stuffs fewd in face*

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
[stares intently at mj] Are you gonna eat that?

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
I prefer this thread devolving into a food fight to the alternative.

SOMEBODY THROW A BROWNIE AT ME!!!!

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
[thinks about throwing brownie but then eats it]

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
*Throws Queen at Walker*

It's still technically throwing a brownie at you.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Ah, the tyrant in me says "close down off-topic thread!"

But the child in me, who is bigger, louder and stronger, says "FOOD FIGHT!!!!"

Also, when I hear Norfolk, I think Alan Partridge and a really boring holiday destination favoured by dull parents.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
[flies through the air in direction of Walker] Tallyho!

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
soo learning about the 19th century in southern america in my history class, the teacher asks us for major southern ports.
one person raises their hand and says "CHARLESTON" and he says "yeaaaa" then another person raises their hand and says some place i can't remember on the mississippi river and he says "yeaaaa" and i was gonna say richmond but then he says "ONLY TWO NO MOAR PORTS" so it's obviously not a real port. if i hadn't been there i wouldn't even believe that it was a real place. walker, wikipedia and history books trolled you. by the transitive property of trolling, you trolled me. it's times like these i'm glad i went to college so i learned to not believe anything any of you say rather than being an uneducated twat who regurgitates british political views. but it's ok, i ≤3 you anyway.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
My first response: Whut. Richmond has a port? I drove through that ****ty little town twice in the last week and I saw no ports. Train stations and railroad tracks in spades, but not ports.

Second response: Wikipedia [blows raspberry at Shirosaki in a most mature fashion]

Third response: Hey, that's weird, typing "Richmond" into Wikipedia takes you to a disambiguation page rather than to one of the three Richmonds apparently extant in the UK. Also, Richmond, VA is listed first on the disambiguation page. But Richmond sucks. Can I go make a thread asking what you think of when you hear "Richmond" and try to skew it away from Virginia? Maybe. I bet the Australia and Sri Lanka Richmonds are really important, right?

Fourth Response: Lost interest in Wikipedia. Because Richmond, again, sucks. They are on the James River, and there was mention of shipping slaves to some Richmond docks, but I think they're a port in the same way that DC is. They have a body of water with a couple docks in it that can support (some) shipping but only in a very small way. Hell, Baltimore is a more major port than Richmond. Norfolk and the rest of the Hampton Roads, meanwhile, are a MASSIVE port.

Also, Cheez, is ≤3 more or less than <3? Also-also, nobody cares about any Mississippi (HEY! I wikipediaed again because I couldn't manage to spell Mississippi right!) port except New Orleans.

Also, why did I just get hit in the face by a disco-dancing queen?

EDIT: Also, something that didn't occur to me until I saw the Wikipedia thread but, in theory, I knew, the James River empties out at Hampton Roads, so anything that gets shipped by water to or from Richmond goes through Norfolk and its fellow port cities, unless it uses that canal that may or may not still be in use, but probably isn't.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Walker and NOT Texas Ranger said:
Also, Cheez, is ≤3 more or less than <3?
that would give you some idea to what extent you are loved, which is information i am not willing to disclose. is it "< <3" or is it simply <3? you may never know. :cheez:

Walker and NOT Texas Ranger said:
Also-also, nobody cares about any Mississippi (HEY! I wikipediaed again because I couldn't manage to spell Mississippi right!) port except New Orleans.
i'll bet you cared about New Orleans in 200...was it 4 or 6? (wikipedia) oh wait, 2005.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
FOOOD FIIIIGHT!!! *throws cupcake at Walker*

Australia has no relevance in this discussion whatsoever and therefore is taking as seriously as something very unserious.

For that, I salute you. <3

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I learnt how to spell Mississippi from The Chipmunks:

Em Eye Double Ess Eye Double Ess Eye Pee Pee Eye.

Seriously.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
I learnt how to spell Mississippi from The Chipmunks:

Em Eye Double Ess Eye Double Ess Eye Pee Pee Eye.

Seriously.

A guy in a train: ''First Emm comes, than I come. Then the two S's come, and I come again. Two S's again, and I come. Then comes pee, and pee again, and finally I come.'' A old lady replies ''I don't tolerate such talk in public!'' ''No, you don't understand, I'm explaining my friend how to spell Mississippi.''

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
that would give you some idea to what extent you are loved, which is information i am not willing to disclose. is it "< <3" or is it simply <3? you may never know. :troll:
i'll bet you cared about New Orleans in 200...was it 4 or 6? (wikipedia) oh wait, 2005.

Awwww.

I actually said that ONLY New Orleans matters. So we cared about it EVEN MORE when Katrina and Rita were making it their bitch.

Australia has no relevance in this discussion whatsoever and therefore is taking as seriously as something very unserious.

For that, I salute you. <3

Good thing, too. Taking this discussion seriously is a serious misjudgement. (Meanwhile, in this corner, screaming in nerd-rage after getting called ignorant...)

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
We have a Richmond in Australia. It's a suburb of Melbourne. And Sydney I think.

They don't have a port.

Braindeer

Reaction score
As a resident of Norwich, I'd like to dispel all the myths about webbed toes and inbred children. For those, you need to travel beyond the boundaries of the Fine City (its official title, no less) into the wilds of Norfolk itself. There be inbreeding and a terrible, terrible accent.

Norwich, however, is a thriving artsy market town with a lot going for it.

http://travel.nytimes.com/2011/01/23/travel/23overnighter-norwich.html

Plus, Stephen Fry, voice of Reaver, is a resident of the Fine City, and is actually a massive fan of Norfolk in general. He talks about it all the time. Honest.

Look, here's an article where he does just that!

http://blogs.culture.gov.uk/main/2010/07/city_of_culture_stephen_fry_bl_1.html

PS. Sorry for bringing this up again. But I felt like I had to stick up for my County, yo.

PPS. Ignore that bit where I said "yo". I live in Norfolk, I can't pull off a "yo".

Also, we have a 900 year old castle! A real one! (I work there - best job ever? Well, no. But still, it's REALLY OLD. And that's important.)

ALSO Norwich was the capital of England for a while. IMPORTANT.

Do you see what I'm saying? We're important. Honestly we are. I'm not clutching at straws here.

Hum.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Isn't Norfolk where old people go to die?

Gitch

Reaction score
I think of turkeys when Norfolk is mentioned. Boootiful.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Ahhh yes - many a Sunday spent in anticipation of Bernard Matthew's turkey roasts...they are still pretty expensive though, considering how little you get.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
Did you know the ginger kid in the most recent Bernard Matthews advert (the one singing to his piece of chicken about how bootiful it is) got bullied as a result?