• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is your profession?

Skorn

Lord of Scum and Villainy
Reaction score
What is your profession?

Have any of you guys made a Fable character purely for focusing on one of the three hero abilities; might, skill, or will? Doing this is something I like to do because it is far more challenging than just pumping your hero up with might and magic and blasting everything to pieces. If you focus on just one of the three abilities, it forces you to become more creative with your fights and your choices in battle.

Just recently I made a girl character that used nothing but skill and used mostly rifles. Had another character that focused only on magic which was AWESOME after I got most of his magic abilities to maximum. Now I'm working on a character that focuses on might and melee, I want him to be huge so he has been chowing down on pies, rancid jerky, and beer alot lately :p.

What bout you guys? Ever focused on only one hero ability? And which ability is relatively your favorite to use?? Mine would have to be melee...feels good bashing small hobbes upside the head with an axe. :ninja:

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Re: What is your profession?

I do this pretty much every time I start a new game on TLC or Fable 2. I've beaten each of them 24 times now, and on most of those games, I've focused on one or two hero disciplines. Although, I get more specific. I'll give you some examples of the characters I've had...

Assassin/Highwayman - I wear only bandit, highwayman, and assassin clothes, I'm evil, but I'm also pure because having huge horns wouldn't be good for a stealthy kind of character, I use no will, I level up skill more than strength so I can be more slender and stealthy, and I use only the fastest weapons (clockwork pistol and katanas).

Brute - I mostly wear clothing that adds to my scariness, I'm evil and corrupt, I use no will, I level up strength more than skill to get a bigger and bulkier look, and I use only the slowest and heaviest weapons (axes/maces/hammers and blunderbusses).

Swordsman - Clothing and alignment can vary, I use no skill, I use only the blades spell, and I use only weapons that are classified as swords (katanas, cutlasses, longswords)

Crossbow Warrior - Alignment can vary, I wear the ranger coat and ranger trousers to have an old-fashioned ranger/woodsman look (other clothing can vary), I use only crossbows for the same reason, and I use no strength or will

I have many more of these as well.

Skorn

Lord of Scum and Villainy
Reaction score

Wow, glad to see I'm not the only one! Although I have to say, it seems like you have played the game a lot more than I have. I've found that focusing on magic is one of the most challenging ones to do. I get my butt kicked for the first half of the game, but after I get enough power, its really fun to just blow people up.

Right now I'm using a Brute character kinda like yours. Making him eat a ton of junk food, so he is huge now. Plus he is evil and is using a large hammer type weapon. Pretty fun to bash people.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

sorceress - doing all will is a pain (not recommended) cause you get scarred ridiculous amounts in the beginning of the game. then i leveled up a little bit...i went from being beaten to a pulp 24/7 to just holding down the charge button to clear the room. neither was a very rewarding experience.
if i actually sat and picked up fable again maybe i could experiment a bit with spell combinations for more dynamic combat...but that probably won't happen soon.

buccaneer - leveled up strength first, but left brutal styles very low since buccaneers don't have much training in fine swordsmanship. skill was max, cause every bucc can fire a gun. it's kind of a no brainer in real life...point, shoot, repeat. threw in assassins rush at level 1 just to make combat a little more interesting. he wears a cuffed overcoat, highwayman mask, chaos pants, and black wheel gang boots. buccs rock the big bear chested look...tattoos are always a plus. weapon is a knothole island master cutlass (duh! he's a pirate :getlost:) and a knothole island master clockwork pistol (duh! he's a pirate :getlost:)

out of the 2...buccaneers the way to go. :D

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

i did in fable tlc but not no.2

KAWAiiCHiBiX3

Reaction score

Harlot - Wore nothing but corset & hotpants, or the strumpet outfit. Maxed out skill except accuracy. I didn't find the 8 foot tall streetwalker look too appealing. Didn't put many points into strength as she didn't like the look of the muscles - or so I thought.

:D

Lady

Queen
Reaction score

I found myself quite fond of skill the moment I picked up my smooth black controller and shot for the first time - so strong my adoration was (or rather is) that I use it quite frequently. Or rather, only. Yes, I level up a spell in will and a few hundred thousand points in strength (for extended life and style), but I never "use" a blade or "cast" a spell. All my point expenditure comes from skill orbs or general experience. I also make it a habit to play through a game and never get "hit," at least not what can be avoided.

My character concepts are that of a "Gun-wielding Hussy" or "Skilled (female) Noble." That is, I wear the "hot date outfit" or, if I wish to be more.. prudish, I wear the noblemen's outfit with the noblewoman blouse and sometimes a slimming coat.

I don't think I've ever played with the "will system" or "sword combos," least not in Fable II.

I wonder, am I missing out?

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

I'm in the same exact boat as you Lady :D...Skill for me, always. I'll call it a Sharpshooter or Marksman. I only use a Flintlock Pistol since I can reload it so quickly because of speed and head shots on everyone is a nice easy way to dispatch evil. I usually only wear the Noble Male outfit...dying it gold (skill) and white (good and pure). I think it looks a little pirateish...but not really, more of a regal pirate...haha...or the Highwayman outfit...but that was before.

I don't really think there's much to miss out on. I find it easier to master the Dexterous Styles rather than the Brutal Styles, but that's just an opinion. It also takes longer to kill people with a sword than a bullet to the head. Will isn't really worth it. Waiting for it to load and having the enemies hit you a bunch is annoying.

I've tried the other skills...weren't really me, so I'll stick to my Flintlock Pistol Headshots thank you very much :D.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

in fable 2 you can take away/give exp any time you want and be a pure will or skill user any time, i dint do it in fable 2 -but- in fable TLC you cant so its way funner to do

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

Definitely skill!!!

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score

im always a str dude.

999thekevin

Reaction score

my character is only foccused on skill
and my girl character on all three

ReluctantJake

Reaction score

That would take a long time.

On my main character I decided to just max out everything and uses the Knothole Knight outfit with solar shading spectacles lol. But my character doesn't totally have no theme, I got him the Judges Steel and Enforcer for the knight-like outfit.

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score

Necromancer11;352767 said:
I do this pretty much every time I start a new game on TLC or Fable 2. I've beaten each of them 24 times now, and on most of those games, I've focused on one or two hero disciplines. Although, I get more specific. I'll give you some examples of the characters I've had...

Assassin/Highwayman - I wear only bandit, highwayman, and assassin clothes, I'm evil, but I'm also pure because having huge horns wouldn't be good for a stealthy kind of character, I use no will, I level up skill more than strength so I can be more slender and stealthy, and I use only the fastest weapons (clockwork pistol and katanas).

Brute - I mostly wear clothing that adds to my scariness, I'm evil and corrupt, I use no will, I level up strength more than skill to get a bigger and bulkier look, and I use only the slowest and heaviest weapons (axes/maces/hammers and blunderbusses).

Swordsman - Clothing and alignment can vary, I use no skill, I use only the blades spell, and I use only weapons that are classified as swords (katanas, cutlasses, longswords)

Crossbow Warrior - Alignment can vary, I wear the ranger coat and ranger trousers to have an old-fashioned ranger/woodsman look (other clothing can vary), I use only crossbows for the same reason, and I use no strength or will

I have many more of these as well.
thats awesome. I do the same sort of thing. I have:

The Rogue: he wears dark clothing of midnight, explorers clothing with a ranger coat hood up. For his skills i level only his skill, and for physique i level up his fighting skills ( brutish styles) of course his health to so he doesnt die witth the blink of an eye. He uses longswords, and cutlasses, and mostly pistols ( only crossbow i use is the rammer) the alignment is never corrupt and evil, but it will be evil and pure, pure and good, and good but corrupt

The Mage: this is pretty obvious spells only, all mage stuff. Will users coat, mages trousers, ( other clothes and dyes to make it all match nice) this alignment is always something.

The Noble- Wears all the posh clothing, and alignment always stays pure but neutral. Uses longswords or cutlasses, only brtish styles and skill

The Hero OF Time- uses health, brutish styles, all of skill, and only the time spell always good and pure

The Warlock- always evil but pure or corrupt and evil. Uses all melee stuff and spells. Wears dark clothing, and creepy tatoos

The Muscle- Given. Only melee stuff, heavy stuff, and alignment is either neutral or good. Spends time at local bars getting wasted with his vast quantities of gold

The Demon- Always Full Corrupt and Full Evil. Wears Hollow Mans Boots, assasins pants, and no shirt. Hes ripped and has full melee and spells maxed. His joy time is making others suffer , as he goes around raisin rent prices and killing off anyone who gets in his way. Hes nice only to his wife lady grey, noone knows where he lives, but some have seen him in a castle, and sometimes in the cemetery. He carries the maelstrom, but sometimes the wreckager.

ReluctantJake

Reaction score

I'm making a new character and I'm going to make him Evil, Corrupt, Fat, Muscular and he is going to work on mainly melee and skill but not will at all other than fire maybe.

I plan on making a Mage character with an Archmage outfit. He will max Will and Melee. His sword will be the will users Staff of Wrath though.